Gay Men - Progress, Technology and Disease - Unidirectional or Likely to Reverse

Roll_On

I gave you an answer. Maybe you think that the tens of millions of people who believe/believed in the Christian understanding of homosexual relationship were/are wrong.
Thanks to education and science we now know the Earth not to be flat, similarly we now understand homosexual relationships as being positive and non-threatening.

You may believe that gays chose to be gay but the fact is:
1) you are not gay, I presume, so you have no first hand information on the matter
2) gay people themselves will tell you that they had no choice in the matter
3) all respectable research in the matter backs up that there is no choice in the matter

so then you are incorrect.

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
Thanks to education and science we now know the Earth not to be flat, similarly we now understand homosexual relationships as being positive and non-threatening.

You may believe that gays chose to be gay but the fact is:
1) you are not gay, I presume, so you have no first hand information on the matter
2) gay people themselves will tell you that they had no choice in the matter
3) all respectable research in the matter backs up that there is no choice in the matter

so then you are incorrect.
Another Superman.

Modern proven hypothesis without with-course to teaching, history and experience is the mantra of the neo-liberal and secular society.

nozzferrahhtoo

Website
www.catholic.ie
^ Is that post meant to mean something? What is exactly the problem with hypotheses that have been proven? What is your alternative? Unsubstantiated fantasy? Oh.... wait.....

Roll_On

Another Superman.

Modern proven hypothesis without with-course to teaching, history and experience is the mantra of the neo-liberal and secular society.
Well proven hypothesis trumps you baseless rambling inane speculation by any measure.

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
Yeah, you tell them. Who needs empiricism when we have hear-say, folk myths and other assorted bullsh1t.

And what's all this palaver about "neo-liberalism"? Any chance you could define this term?
Plato, sure gets the boot there.

And following on that claptrap

"neo-liberalism" for starters: it is a system of socio-economic teaching which is not acceptable of a Christian input.

nozzferrahhtoo

Website
www.catholic.ie
^ So basically what you are doing now is ignoring everything everyone has said on the post.......... you have brought this label "neo-liberalism" into the discussion..... and now you are attacking that instead.

Is that not just completely dishonest as a move on just about every level? Ignoring everything we say, and then just attacking some random label you are PRETENDING applies instead?

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
Plato did have a bit of a fetish for bull************************ (his theory of forms). But at least he was an actual philospher.
Property prices always go up!

The absence of financial regulation combined with political ignorance of what was actually happening, was the essence of neoliberalism.

Thank you

You put me in very good company.

Last edited:

Roll_On

Property prices always go up!

The absence of financial regulation combined with political ignorance of what was actually happening, was the essence of neoliberalism.

Thank you

You put me in very good company.
Irrelevant, blithering inane waffle you say?

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
Last edited:

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
^ So basically what you are doing now is ignoring everything everyone has said on the post.......... you have brought this label "neo-liberalism" into the discussion..... and now you are attacking that instead.

Is that not just completely dishonest as a move on just about every level? Ignoring everything we say, and then just attacking some random label you are PRETENDING applies instead?
That's because there was an interest expressed by another poster as to what I meant by neo-liberalism.

So, get stuffed!

nozzferrahhtoo

Website
www.catholic.ie
I was talking about your FIRST introduction of the phrase, not your latter response to a query about it. It is a common move by people who dodge points and posts (and see how many of mine you have dodged for example) to introduce a label into a discussion and then attack the label instead of dealing with anything people actually say. It is the first sign that someone has been intellectually routed.

As for your petty, uncalled for, and immature childish sign-off, I just had a great kebab thanks and I am indeed stuffed. The Turkish over here really know how to put together a good kebab compared to some of the Dublin side street equivalents.

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
I was talking about your FIRST introduction of the phrase, not your latter response to a query about it. It is a common move by people who dodge points and posts (and see how many of mine you have dodged for example) to introduce a label into a discussion and then attack the label instead of dealing with anything people actually say. It is the first sign that someone has been intellectually routed.

As for your petty, uncalled for, and immature childish sign-off, I just had a great kebab thanks and I am indeed stuffed. The Turkish over here really know how to put together a good kebab compared to some of the Dublin side street equivalents.
Wishing you a long and happy life over there!

reg11

Well I don't have any older brothers, so what's my excuse? I have 4 straight younger ones though.
Was your mother pregnant with you whilst being unmarried? Had she a health scare? Had your mother any extra stress during pregnancy?

silverharp

Was your mother pregnant with you whilst being unmarried? Had she a health scare? Had your mother any extra stress during pregnancy?
the way I would look at it is that if there was a causal relationship that was easily identifiable it would be common knowledge. The worst type Ive heard is to blame the parents, Distant dad and over bearing mother gets trotted out a lot but it makes no sense and is kind of offensive

parentheses

I think there was a study done in Germany many years ago. The premise was that women undergoing severe stress in pregnancy would produce extra stress hormones. These hormones would have the effect of causing male foetuses to have a tendency to be gay.

Apparentlky the data in the study supporting the premise.

SEAMAI

Yes, she was married, her health was fine, however, she was under a lot of stress during the pregnancy due to family issues only part of which was my fathers alcoholism, the mother in law from hell (who they lived with) and a court case. She has mentioned this as a possibility for me being gay but I've never spent much time contemplating why I am and my four brothers are not. To be fair, I doubt her four other pregnancies were exactly stress free either given my fathers drinking but probably less so.

Like Silverharp mentions above I could throw in the distant dad to the mix, my mother wasn't overbearing but as I said, I'm not looking for answers.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom