Gay Men - Progress, Technology and Disease - Unidirectional or Likely to Reverse

PeaceGoalie

the growth of liberal congregations especially the Lutherans.
Luther is the father of German nationalism and his anti-Semitic rants were used by the Nazis in their defence at Nuremberg.

Are gay men the main cause behind antibiotic resistance?
?
Part of it.

Its just absurd. Men are more choosy than women when looking for a partner.
LOL in headlights.

Not all gay men are slappers. A majority of gay men are not sluts.
I hope Michael McDowell is lurking and gets a bellyache out of that cracker

Show me your statistics on the health budget for HIV. Around half such cases are foreign nationals usually from Sub Saharan Africa. Globally most HIV cases are in Africa, where homosexuality is illegal almost everywhere.
We can't say that as we have to be nice to them and their customs.

Data suggests that promiscuity levels among homosexuals is far higher than those among heterosexual people.
With many homosexuals. Female prostitutes tend to have a lot of sex partners, however

Apparently the Chinese are very close to developing a vaccine for H1V.
HIV vaccine is an old and stupid story. It mutates.

So what? Data suggests that promiscuity levels amongst straight women is higher than nuns. It doesn't mean straight women are slappers, sluts or whores.
When Hamlet said get thee to a nunnery, convents at that time were only a step above or below whore houses. Gimme that old time religion.

I said IF it is true that some gay are consuming a disproportionate amount of the health budget. I don't know the facts. The OP said they were, with repeated treatment for hepatitis - is this true, do you think.
Hepatitis - a lot come from messing around with the anus, a dirty place. That said, my aunt got a nasty does from a rose bush. Chinese have al lthree (AB,C) in abundance. Indians have huge syphilis rates. To avoid syphilis, be celibate - or have sex with a Finn.

You will see some beautiful women going with the bottom 20% of men, but you wont see beautiful men going with the bottom 20% of women. In particular obesity is a big turnoff from a mans point of view, whereas less so from a womans point of view.
I guess the male bottoms have big wallets or their female tops should really go to Specsavers. Nerdy fantasies.

ShoutingIsLeadership

The stats are unfortunate and true. Bumming is a risky business.

EDIT: If a vagina was surgically grafted onto a gay man, would this be an acceptable and safer alternative?
Risky, but that not evidence that gay men are more promiscuous.

Depends...are we talking wizard's sleeve or nun's crack?

gerhard dengler

Hans Von Horn

Natural selection will continue to shape the human species.

silverharp

I think the "T" part of LGBT might cause some blowback because of the attempts to mess with the heads of kids. there might be a push back against these "safe school" programs that have popped up recently under the cover of anti bullying. generally though I dont see it

Ulpian

You will see some beautiful women going with the bottom 20% of men, but you wont see beautiful men going with the bottom 20% of women. In particular obesity is a big turnoff from a mans point of view, whereas less so from a womans point of view.
I agree with that. Over the past 30 years 20-40 year old women have become less attractive. Or, perhaps a better way of putting it is that a barbell distribution is arising - the more attractive are more attractive - the less attractive are less attractive. For lower income groups the strategy for girls is to get into relationships at a younger age because by their late 20s the men in their cohort will go for a younger model.

The brutal truth is that women don't care about men's looks. Height yes, grooming yes, but looks not so much. In fact, a guy being "too pretty" is a bit of a turn-off for most women.

There is a much bigger chunk of the male population in its 20s that is not getting any action than people realise. Maybe not so much in Ireland - again, Ireland is about 20 years behind U.K. in this regard - but certainly here in London.

GDPR

Many famous examples of very beautiful women marrying/dating older but very high-status men.
I didn't say unchoosey I said less choosey. Also Charles Manson was neither good looking or high status but he did very well with women because of his charisma. Rasputin before his conversion was very sexually successful with women without being high status or good looking.

stopdoingstuff

Risky, but that not evidence that gay men are more promiscuous.

Depends...are we talking wizard's sleeve or nun's crack?
If it is not evidence that gay men are more promiscuous, then it is evidence that they are irresponsible. Either they are more promiscuous and that explains why rates are higher, or they are not more promiscuous but simply have ignored 30 years of safe sex education.

stopdoingstuff

I agree with that. Over the past 30 years 20-40 year old women have become less attractive. .
True- fatter, less well dressed, more masculine in features and manner. Thank God for Asia and Eastern Europe.

Dame_Enda

I didn't say unchoosey I said less choosey. Also Charles Manson was neither good looking or high status but he did very well with women because of his charisma. Rasputin before his conversion was very sexually successful with women without being high status or good looking.
Charles Manson was extremely good looking in his day, which explains why so many women unwisely put their trust in him. At his trial there were groupies crawling on hands and knees worshipping him. Something similar happened at Ted Bundy's trial, where he was exchanging winks with female fans in the courtroom.

Last edited:

GDPR

Charles Manson was extremely good looking in his day, which explains why so many women unwisely put their trust in him. At his trial there were groupies crawling and hands and knees worshipping him. Something similar happened at Ted Bundy's trial, where he was exchanging winks with female fans in the courtroom.
I don't think he was at all, especially given his slender height. He did have good eyes though which is very important.

livingstone

Oh look - another opportunity for the usual suspects of p.ie to obsess furiously about the sex lives of gay men.

Incidentally, for those concerned about the costs of those rampant gay men to the taxpayer, it's worth reflecting that the annual cost to the NHS of STIs - amongst both gay and straight people - is c£900m (less than 1% of the NHS budget), while the annual cost to the NHS, welfare system, housing etc of unintended pregnancies - exclusive to straight folk - is c£9 billion.

I'm sure TS et al will be along to tell us how annoying they find it that all those straight people are putting children at the back of the NHS queue by having unintended pregnancies.

Ulpian

Oh look - another opportunity for the usual suspects of p.ie to obsess furiously about the sex lives of gay men.

Incidentally, for those concerned about the costs of those rampant gay men to the taxpayer, it's worth reflecting that the annual cost to the NHS of STIs - amongst both gay and straight people - is c£900m (less than 1% of the NHS budget), while the annual cost to the NHS, welfare system, housing etc of unintended pregnancies - exclusive to straight folk - is c£9 billion.

I'm sure TS et al will be along to tell us how annoying they find it that all those straight people are putting children at the back of the NHS queue by having unintended pregnancies.
The thing is livingstone, I look at those numbers and I think, feck, we're spending a lot on stuff that could be avoided if gay men didn't have an addiction to disease-transmitting bareback anal sex.

In the 1990s straight people believed that they could get HIV too. Now, like the theory of evolution, the inconvenient reality of massive correlation between gay sex and disease transmission has become more and more apparent. There are a lot of people who have no issue with people being gay but they don't see why everyone else should subsidise their lifestyle choice.

In any case, it takes a particular type of sick gay man to compare an STI to a baby.

stopdoingstuff

People are meant to have kids though. They are not spread AIDS.

livingstone

People are meant to have kids though. They are not spread AIDS.
Fine - but straight people having kids by accident is costing me a hell of a lot more in taxes than gay men spreading AIDS.

The point being that it's a nonsense to try and claim, as the OP did, that gay men represent some sort of net drain on public services.

New Threads

Most Replies