• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Gay Mitchell. Who?

Mr. Bumble

Just watching Gay Mitchell and Nessa Childers discussing Europe on RTE. Good discussion. Well worth checking out this programme (European Parliament Report) on RTE Player. Considering the hammering Mitchell took in the presidential election wrt his ability as a politician and debater, I find him extraordinarily impressive in this discussion.

Mr. Bumble

ShoutingIsLeadership

Well his performance in the pres election was abysmal but I thought he was surprisingly very impressive in this discussion.
He's too short of temper to ever win a popular poll, other than a Dublin-centric one.

Mr. Bumble

He's too short of temper to ever win a popular poll, other than a Dublin-centric one.
Yeah, that's true. However I was very impressed with his input into the discussion. Very well prepared and informed, and spoke eloquently and passionately. Perhaps well suited for the dark recesses of European politics rather than the spotlight of presidential elections.

EvotingMachine0197

I don't understand Irish people's distaste for a mild loss of temper. FFS, if I were a politician, I would not get a single vote by that reckoning.

We're afraid to blow our car horns for crying out loud. Well, I'm not. But most are.

In India, everyone blows their fcking horns.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Yeah, that's true. However I was very impressed with his input into the discussion. Very well prepared and informed, and spoke eloquently and passionately. Perhaps well suited for the dark recesses of European politics rather than the spotlight of presidential elections.
He is undoubtedly on top of his brief and very knowledgeable; however, I have found in the past that this sometimes presents itself in a manner which makes him appear dismissive of opposing opinions.

ShoutingIsLeadership

I don't understand Irish people's
distaste for a mild loss of temper. FFS, if I were a politician, I would not get a single vote by that reckoning.

We're afraid to blow our car horns for crying out loud. Well, I'm not. But most are.

I wish someone would blow my horn.

Roman Emperor

I don't understand Irish people's distaste for a mild loss of temper. FFS, if I were a politician, I would not get a single vote by that reckoning.

Ah yes,when all else fails,blow the horn. If that fails,as a last resort,try the brakes !!

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Well he was much better than Nessa Childers but there's something about Gay Mitchell that makes me want to slap him upside his head every time I see his mush...

emulator

Mitchell's best performance was during the Presidential debate when he appeared to lose the head over the trivial lines of questions, in particular political funding from D.O'B for some of the candidates... ie Davis.

It was the lesser of two evils for him.

Blow up and look like an arsewhole on National TV or answer the question. He obviously didn't want to answer the question about the man who employed his ex FG minister brother as a political consultant at the time of the mobile phone license thingy....

.... he never did answered the question.

Bea C

As was the anthem this site gave his campaign last year...

[video=youtube;XFkzRNyygfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=IE&hl=en-GB&v=XFkzRNyygfk[/video]

ger12

Just watching Gay Mitchell and Nessa Childers discussing Europe on RTE. Good discussion. Well worth checking out this programme (European Parliament Report) on RTE Player. Considering the hammering Mitchell took in the presidential election wrt his ability as a politician and debater, I find him extraordinarily impressive in this discussion.
Poor Gay. He is an arrogant little blueshirt but a very very able politician and a clever chap who I have no doubt is batting well for Ireland in Europe.

Analyzer

Mitchel is a muppet.

However, he topped the poll in Dublin, receiving more preferences than anybody else from a Dublin electorate.

What does this tell us ?

meriwether

Mitchel is a muppet.

However, he topped the poll in Dublin, receiving more preferences than anybody else from a Dublin electorate.

What does this tell us ?
It may tell us that you're the muppet.

Have you ever considered that?

Popular Threads

Most Replies