• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Basedon current public opinion i think FG would take FFs seat. Just a thought
I think you could be right.. which illustrates how weak a position FF are in..

Im old enough (or young enough) to remember FF winning 4/5 out of 7 in the two Tipp constituencies

And now they're struggling to win 1 out of 5.. that's their long term problem

tipp2014

and thats why FF are finished take tipp cashel one seat from 7 on a council who would have thought it

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
and thats why FF are finished take tipp cashel one seat from 7 on a council who would have thought it
I remember when they'd 5 of 9 on the old Urban District Council

From what I am hearing, the only person in the Cashel area interested in running if Roger Kennedy steps aside next time, is a young lad waiting on his Leaving Cert results next week

Old FF is gone.. and new FF is SF

SuirView

I remember when they'd 5 of 9 on the old Urban District Council

From what I am hearing, the only person in the Cashel area interested in running if Roger Kennedy steps aside next time, is a young lad waiting on his Leaving Cert results next week

Old FF is gone.. and new FF is SF
HaHa,
And you forgot to mention that you left SF!

SuirView

What exact difference does that make to what I posted?
HaHa,
Seems I've touched a nerve!
You're a pretend SF'er that left because of Adams leadership.
Now you're trying to predict a FF candidate In the 2024 Cashel - Tipperary area!
BTW,
I wish P well in his leaving cert results.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
HaHa,
Seems I've touched a nerve!
You're a pretend SF'er that left because of Adams leadership.
Now you're trying to predict a FF candidate In the 2024 Cashel - Tipperary area!
BTW,
I wish P well in his leaving cert results.
You've touched no nerve at all.. I found your response a bit weird to be honest

You seem utterly obsessed with the fact I left SF over a decade ago.. why, who knows

I discuss future politics with someone else who seems interested in it, and you for the 1000th time mention, I left SF 12 yrs ago

Why?

Seriously, I'm just wondering. What does it add to any debate? And why feel the need to mention it, every single time?

I too hope Paudie does well in the LC

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
In discussions with friends.. do you constantly refer to things they did a decade ago?

tipp2014

Whether Rock has any affiliation past or present to sinn fein had no bearing on our discussion. I was merely speculating as was he to future tipp elections.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Whether Rock has any affiliation past or present to sinn fein had no bearing on our discussion. I was merely speculating as was he to future tipp elections.
Doesn't matter, every single contribution SV will make from here on will mention how I used to be in SF, why Gerry Adams never tried to form a Government, why SF were never in Government, and then back to that I used to be in SF

It's like trying to have a conversation with someone like Fr Jack just randomly shouting the same stuff over and over again from the corner.

Have you heard about the FF councillors defection to SF yet?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
I don't know how true that is. Some of them say that after defeat but think differently when the opportunity comes around. If Smith wasn't running and Lowry hands his empire to the son I think Hannigan might run. Healy most likely wont go again though.
Hannigan wasn't within an asses roar of being elected, and if he ran again, he wouldn't be within an assess roar of being elected. It's that simple Milmax. Did he get any vote at all once he got south of Nenagh?

He could double his vote, and he'd still not get elected.

Tipperary is a huge constituency, and to win a seat you need to get votes from everywhere..

And that means more than most constituencies.. that parties have an even bigger advantage

It sounds mad seeing as there are two "independent" TDs in Tipp, but the reality is Mattie is "Provisional FF" and Lowry is "Provisional" FG, while the other three also bring in the four biggest parties winning a seat with Browne winning one for SF and Kelly for Labour (along with Jackie winning a FF seat)

Healy will run again I have been told, if there's another election in 2020, or early 2021, but the appetite will wane fast.

Apparently he went back to the council offices to get some information and make representations for people, and was turned away by the staff on the basis he wasn't an elected rep anymore. He eventually had to tell them he was Pat English's secretary.

It's also telling that he hasn't replaced Pat English yet on the county council. Last time he lost his seat in 2008, English stepped down and let Seamus take his seat on the council to keep his profile up. But those were different times, with a much stronger WUAG representation.

I think that will probably melt away with Clonmel becoming an absolute dog fight between Garret Ahern of FG, Mattie Mc Grath and Sinn Fein..

tipp2014

Doesn't matter, every single contribution SV will make from here on will mention how I used to be in SF, why Gerry Adams never tried to form a Government, why SF were never in Government, and then back to that I used to be in SF

It's like trying to have a conversation with someone like Fr Jack just randomly shouting the same stuff over and over again from the corner.

Have you heard about the FF councillors defection to SF yet?
no do tell

tipp2014

big story if so. Tbh long term its inevitable FF has two wings the More republican Sf wing o cuiv etc and the more Fg leaning one - Watch the party split that way

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom