GE Fine Gael - Dublin West

just4ever

Who will be the candidates? (You have to assume Leo) Who will be the running mate? What predictions do you have for the outcome?

LgCastell

why not just have a ge dublin west thread would be much better than individual party in the same constituency threads

just4ever

why not just have a ge dublin west thread would be much better than individual party in the same constituency threads
Because I think it will descend into "mine's bigger than yours" between the parties.

jackryan

God if we continue wit threads like these for every constituency it will be great fun? Hey what apbout SP SF the GP Indo's?

just4ever

SP have a thread, there's a 0% chance of a GP, SF or indo seat in DW

Catalpa

SP have a thread, there's a 0% chance of a GP, SF or indo seat in DW
Should be an interesting one all right.

Leo should be safe enough with Kieran possibly in contention for a 2nd seat.

The whole thing stands or falls on whether BL puts his name forward or not.

If he does not then FG, Labour and the SP should all take one each and a battle royal between them for the last seat.

Nulty would be best placed to scrape in on the nth count in that scenario but it would be a tight contest...

LgCastell

If Lenihan wins the same three will be returned possibly in a different order...

as the three people are so big in politics it'll go down to who has the most grassroots support and stayed on the ground more with their constituents

If Lenihan drops out Higgins will take 3rd seat with Joan and Leo close to topping the poll

just4ever

If Lenihan wins the same three will be returned possibly in a different order...

as the three people are so big in politics it'll go down to who has the most grassroots support and stayed on the ground more with their constituents

If Lenihan drops out Higgins will take 3rd seat with Joan and Leo close to topping the poll
It's a 4 seater next time.

DJP

Kieran Dennison will do well. It will be interesting to see how all the second candidates do. Will Labour have a second candidate also? I must admit that I am not all this au fait with quotas and candidates.

LgCastell

i will admit not knowing much of the 2nd candidates for FG and Lab but would reckon Joe will take the 4th ....

swiftian

Isn't it increasing to 4 seats?
yes, of course 4 seats. Lenihan will run, probably alone but with maybe McGuinness as sweeper for Mulhuddart. Higgins guaranteed a seat, with Varadker(FG) and moany Joan Burton(Lab) and they will be the 4 returned. Any dissenters from this?

locke

I'm not convinced Lenihan will be returned if he runs.

His popularity and credibility took a battering over the IMF lies.

And Dublin West is the kind of commuter belt constituency where FF are suffering most.

SF seem to be out of it because Higgins has a lot of their likely supporters.

To me, if Lenihan isn't returned, the most likely outcome is that FG and Lab will run two and whoever finishes 4th among those 4 candidates will get elimninated and make sure that the other three get in.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies