Geert Wilders

Clanrickard

Geert Wilders head of the Dutch PVV party is on trial in the Netherlands. Here is his blog Weblog Geertwilders - Home where you can donate. This trial is about more than Wilders it is about freedom of speech and the kowtowing of the European liberal elite to Islamism. Needless Wilders is dismissed as "far right" (he isn't) by the mainstream media and this trial has been ignored.

toughbutfair

It's ridiculous. Why are we supposed to be sensitive to muslims? say what you want about any group, that is what freedom of speech is all about. That Danish cartoon sketch showed up the nutter wing of Islam for what they are - lets not let Europe fall back to the dark ages again.

loaf

Geert Wilders head of the Dutch PVV party is on trial in the Netherlands. Here is his blog Weblog Geertwilders - Home where you can donate. This trial is about more than Wilders it is about freedom of speech and the kowtowing of the European liberal elite to Islamism. Needless Wilders is dismissed as "far right" (he isn't) by the mainstream media and this trial has been ignored.
He has a perfect right to say what he likes, but I'll draw the line at donating money to a man advocates political policy based on ethnicity.

And something tells me you weren't championing free speech when Islam4Uk were banned in the UK a couple of weeks back.

CookieMonster

He has a perfect right to say what he likes, but I'll draw the line at donating money to a man advocates political policy based on ethnicity.

And something tells me you weren't championing free speech when Islam4Uk were banned in the UK a couple of weeks back.
They weren't championing free speech either.

toughbutfair

No. They were championing an odious, inflexible system of politics based on prejudice and discrimination.

(see also, Geert Wilders)
It is simple - all groups should be allowed say what they want.

T

The_Big_Fellow

Geert is defending the right to free speech, and also the right of nation to define itself by its own terms, to preserve and protect its own culture, and to be protected and respected within their own nation. Perfectly reasonable, groups have been doing it since society began. People are entitled to feel that their culture and traditions are of a worth, at the very least in their own country.

truthisfree

I watched his Movie "Fitna" some time ago and like the vast majority of people am indifferent to it's content, it is a cheap shot to incite hatred and does not even succeed in doing that.

Anyone who sends money to this nut-case needs their head examined.

T

The_Big_Fellow

I watched his Movie "Fitna" some time ago and like the vast majority of people am indifferent to it's content, it is a cheap shot to incite hatred and does not even succeed in doing that.

Anyone who sends money to this nut-case needs their head examined.
Fitna is not really different from a propaganda video made by any no. of Islamic armed groups.

The point of the video, was to highlight that certain topics are off limit. Most muslims did not find it offensive, there was no rioting etc across the Islamic world. It was the establishment that had the problem

truthisfree

Fitna is not really different from a propaganda video made by any no. of Islamic armed groups.

The point of the video, was to highlight that certain topics are off limit. Most muslims did not find it offensive, there was no rioting etc across the Islamic world. It was the establishment that had the problem
Geert Wilders' film failed to generate much controversy in Iran although the government did express its outrage on the day of its release and conservative websites complained about it for a while. By and large, Fitna elicited indifference among the general public. There was an anti-Fitna demonstration, but just 30 people turned up and they were carrying signs that had nothing to do with the film
I think the reaction was a disappointment to him ;)

Clanrickard

I it is a cheap shot to incite hatred and does not even succeed in doing that.
Please explain why it is a "cheap shot"? The passages he quotes are accurate.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
I don't agree with his call for the Koran to be banned but I defend his right to free-speech. This is PC gone mad. I hope he is cleared. He has a mandate and wide popularity. Apparently, this is not a jury-trial. It is a politically-motivated witch-hunt designed to prevent him coming to power in the Netherlands. Down with the PC-brigade, cultural-relativism and appeasement of Islamic terrorists who hate our freedom. Fair play to the Dutch people for opposing the trial.
wikipedia said:
A survey by Angus Reid Global Monitor has found that public opinion is deeply split on the prosecution, with 50% supporting Wilders and 43% opposed.[98] However, public support for the Party for Freedom vastly increased since Wilders' legal troubles began, with the Party for Freedom virtually tied with the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy to be the third most popular party.[66][132] According to Radio Netherlands, "Dutch politicians themselves seem to be keeping quiet on the issue; they are probably worried that media attention will only serve to make the controversial politician more popular."[62]

Last edited:

Verhofstadt

Website
Geert Wilders is a revolting individual and a detestable and offensive politican,

However I don't believe he should be on trial, (nor should he have been banned from entering the UK), it's the kind of publicity that is his lifeblood.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
It's cherry picking. You could do the same with any religon.
He is an atheist and has every right to criticise a religion. This is no different to the blasphemy ban in this country. :rolleyes:

bob3344

It's cherry picking. You could do the same with any religon.
He is quoting the same passages which are being used in mosques around the world to justify suicide bombing and the rest.

Therein lies the relevance.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies