Gender is NOT a social construction

ibis

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
12,293
smiffy said:
Didn't you know that science is a competition in the art of political correctness? I assume you got at least a bronze; otherwise TCD will be very disappointed.
Silver, I think. But sufficiently long ago that political correctness actually came along between my BSc and my MSc. The latter, though, was awfully PC. Absolutely terrific liberal bigotry going down all round. Mmmm.
 


Ulysses

Active member
Joined
Jun 5, 2004
Messages
163
This thread started on the topic of gender as a social construct, but seems to have got lost in a siding relating to women in military forces. I suppose now would be a good time to point out that the overwhelming majority of men and women have no involvement in military forces. Why not talk about them for a while?
 

smiffy

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
1,279
Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
Ulysses said:
This thread started on the topic of gender as a social construct, but seems to have got lost in a siding relating to women in military forces. I suppose now would be a good time to point out that the overwhelming majority of men and women have no involvement in military forces. Why not talk about them for a while?
Clearly by looking for a discussion about the topic of the thread you have LOST the argument.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TCD wins again! And the LEFT :)x) limps away defeated, dejected and desolate ... :(
 

Ulysses

Active member
Joined
Jun 5, 2004
Messages
163
smiffy said:
TCD wins again! And the LEFT :)x) limps away defeated, dejected and desolate ... :(
What about the CENTRE? :D

Aw nuts, the CENTRE has to take time out to empty the washing machine. Bugger! :oops:

TCD wins! TCD wins! LOL! LOL!

:roll:
 

smiffy

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
1,279
Website
cedarlounge.wordpress.com
Ulysses said:
What about the CENTRE? :D

Aw nuts, the CENTRE has to take time out to empty the washing machine. Bugger! :oops:
Haven't you been paying attention? TCD comes on here, and destroys THE LEFT through the power of his argument, and THE CENTRE is so impressed by his intellect that it immediately realises that it's time to get off the fence, and go over to THE RIGHT!

Well, that's the plan anyway ...

hpp said:
I'm sure the guy with 5000 posts on p.ie knows best.
Yes, well done.

I see that you've began making real (i.e. not complaining about the site or about posters) posts. Well done, although it took you long enough.

I further note that they're criticisms of the Provisionals. Hmmm, who else has recently shown a hitherto unknown interest in that topic, I wonder.

Answers on a postcard, please ...
 

Ulysses

Active member
Joined
Jun 5, 2004
Messages
163
The use of foul language, even indirectly, is unnecessary and demeans both the person who deploys it and those targeted by it. Foul language is merely a form of violence for "keyboard warriors".
 


New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top