Generation F'd - RTE 2

ger12

On RTE 2 now.

[video=youtube;68D2I5SEuYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68D2I5SEuYQ[/video]

Billed as "In this powerful and timely series, Generation F’d, reveals life for Ireland’s 25-35 year olds, who are struggling to get a secure foothold in their adult lives and whose future prospects look bleak."

It's hard hitting alright.

ger12

This is good stuff, this generation are very clued in.

realistic1

On RTE 2 now.

[video=youtube;68D2I5SEuYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68D2I5SEuYQ[/video]

Billed as "In this powerful and timely series, Generation F’d, reveals life for Ireland’s 25-35 year olds, who are struggling to get a secure foothold in their adult lives and whose future prospects look bleak."

It's hard hitting alright.
How about a program that will offer solutions? There is non-stop hard luck stories that our parasitic State broadcasters loves to cover. RTE are more than happy to have "Generation ************************************" Citizens jailed, even do they cannot afford RTEs poxy over priced licence fee.

Last edited:

ger12

How about a program that will offer solutions? There is non-stop hard luck stories that our parasitic State broadcasters loves to cover. RTE are more that happy to have "Generation ************************************" Citizens jailed, even do they cannot afford RTEs poxy over priced licence fee.
Actually they are highlighting what's wrong and what should be done.

OrderoftheDragon

Mullaly the promoter of mass immigration, does she not wonder why there is a housing crisis ?

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

Mullaly the promoter of mass immigration, does she not wonder why there is a housing crisis ?
Oh FFS, why must everything boil down to the same moany pet peeve, fec off to Brexico if you want to moan about dem foreigners wot done it!

There's a housing crisis because supply dived off a cliff after one of the worlds proportionally largest property bubbles popped...nothing to do with immigration for fúcks sake! I'd say grow up but the time for that is five decades past I'm betting :roll:

OrderoftheDragon

Yes and of course this point will not be leveled against her. RTE offers nothing but condescending crap.
11,000 vacant properties in 2011, 3,500 in 2015........that is the scale of illegal and "work visa" immigration into this country.......the CSO is a work of fiction.

Brenny

Yes, I don't like the fact that this is never highlighted. The program is good enough though. I particularly like the fact that it shows the working poor, the plight of this class is the true scandal in this country. The man who earns €600 a week and is barely able to feed himself is particularly tragic. KEnny was on the news today boasting about how plenty of financial institutions want to leave London for Dublin - where are the employees going to live??? Will we need to build a new M50 for all these new employees?? Will a new hospital be needed?? Best little country in the world to do business in!! Priorities are fu.cked

OrderoftheDragon

Oh FFS, why must everything boil down to the same moany pet peeve, fec off to Brexico if you want to moan about dem foreigners wot done it!

There's a housing crisis because supply dived off a cliff after one of the worlds proportionally largest property bubbles popped...nothing to do with immigration for fúcks sake! I'd say grow up but the time for that is five decades past I'm betting :roll:
11,000 vacant properties in 2011, 3,500 in 2015........that is the scale of illegal and "work visa" immigration into this country.......the CSO is a work of fiction.

Where exactly did these house fillers come from then ?????

Brenny

Promoting mass immigration in a country where house building has stalled is idiotic. The high rent is one of the only things stopping more immigration to Dublin, if we built more then more would immigrate here. There's nothing the gov can do about EU immigration but there is plenty of non-EU immigrants (Brazil ect) doing jobs that natives could do.

Where exactly did these house fillers come from then ?????
Sorry, on one hand you discount the only available reference data, but then on the other you ask for the data to be provided...as with all you immibangeroners, it has to be pulled at random out of someone's árse. Well, I'd love to engage with such wonderful and thoughtful debate, but....

Promoting mass immigration in a country where house building has stalled is idiotic. The high rent is one of the only things stopping more immigration to Dublin, if we built more then more would immigrate here. There's nothing the gov can do about EU immigration but there is plenty of non-EU immigrants (Brazil ect) doing jobs that natives could do.
Another Immibangeroner....

midlander12

Of course lack of supply is the main reason, but it is daft to say it's 'nothing to do' with immigration. You are in total denial if you really believe that. In rural towns like the one I live near, a huge proportion of the council and private rental housing stock is occupied by immigrants, the vast majority of whom are not working (there's frankly not a whole lot of work in the area, anyway - virtually all the local under-25's are elsewhere). Other rural towns are the same. I'm not saying the housing issue is 'caused by foreigners' - however the fact is that a significant proportion of lower-cost housing is occupied by (mainly) unemployed immigrants, and of course it raises questions and resentments.

Well this thread is fúcked, what started out about a generation of younger people getting fked over by inequality in the economy has now become the P.ie default of moaning about dem beakers comin over here with their drinking vessels....

[video=youtube;Zw9qN6_eXOg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw9qN6_eXOg[/video]

:roll::roll::roll:

OrderoftheDragon

Sorry, on one hand you discount the only available reference data, but then on the other you ask for the data to be provided...as with all you immibangeroners, it has to be pulled at random out of someone's árse. Well, I'd love to engage with such wonderful and thoughtful debate, but....
The no.'s came from the programme itself you gimp........but then shinners are mass immigrationists so you wouldn't like the facts.

New Threads

Most Replies