• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Genuine Question for Pro Choice Pshychiatrists...

D

Dylan2010

like this thread , if you wanted to spend a night in the Tiger's cage in the ZOO , I would facilitate it

Conor

If I presented to you stating in full sincerity that I would commit suicide unless to have my right hand amputated because it was inherently evil.

And you believed my suicide risk was genuine, would you recommend my right hand be amputated..?
I'd recommend both your hands be amputated, just to keep you away from the internet.

Mr. Bumble

If I presented to you stating in full sincerity that I would commit suicide unless to have my right hand amputated because it was inherently evil.

And you believed my suicide risk was genuine, would you recommend my right hand be amputated..?
I'd amputate your head.

mr. jings

Only when the hand was old enough to become viable without you.

meriwether

I'd like to kniow the answer to this.

On the basis that who wouldn't want to know the answer to whether a psychiatrist would recommend the amputation of your right hand?

Its the question of our time.

Bill

psychotherapy and medication are the general treatment for those with body integrity identity disorder

D

Dylan2010

anyone remember in the Evil Dead movie , where the heros's hand becomes evil, he saws it off with the classic line "who's laughing now!"

Mountaintop

"Don't listen to them!!!....they all lie awake at night plotting how to get abortion on demand"

Icemancometh

On my phone and at work, so can't get into properly. But it's happened. It's been called body integrity identity disorder. Case reports of actual surgical amputations for it are quite rare, but they happen. But it's not quite as time limited as a pregnancy.

Aindriu

Genuine question my hole!

Niall996

Is it a real arm or just a phantom arm?

FakeViking

These anti-choice people love to use the suicide risk to bolster the case. I heard one of them on MI yesterday actually name a suicide victim and her means of death as a cheap debating point. Sick.

Mr. Bumble

Genuine question my hole!
It's a genuine question if you consider a hand to be the exact anatomical equivalent to a foetus. If you don't, then the question is meaningless and risible.

borntorum

Actually it would be an interesting question for the Supreme Court to answer. Right to bodily integrity and all that.

Don't really see the relevance to the abortion argument though...

mr. jings

It's a genuine question if you consider a hand to be the exact anatomical equivalent to a foetus. If you don't, then the question is meaningless and risible.
Well maybe if it was someone else's hand, grafted on to your belly button for nine months, and it was a relation's hand, and that relation was a famous concert violinist...not so risible or meaningless now, eh, Mister Smarty Pants?

Last edited:

Popular Threads

Most Replies