• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

George Bernard Shaw Defends Hitler, Mass Murder

Feelinglost

Came across this on you tube earlier. Very interesting and something I was not aware of.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQvsf2MUKRQ"]YouTube- George Bernard Shaw Defends Hitler, Mass Murder[/ame]

He also supported Stalin's starvation of the Ukraine in the 30's. Shaw was a psychopath.

cry freedom

He also supported Stalin's starvation of the Ukraine in the 30's. Shaw was a psychopath.
There was an awfull lot of confused thinking floating about between the wars.

There was an awfull lot of confused thinking floating about between the wars.
There was a lot of awful thinking floating about would be more accurate.

Gully Foyle

As an abstract thinker, a writer of plays and an all round wit, GBS was a genius.

As a practical political thinker though...ummm...

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
He was also very fond of Beethoven and Wagner.

He helped educate this very ignorant at 22 year old Elvis fan, in 1964. I discovered LV Beethoven!

Many years ago British actor David Tomlison said, "you hardly need to read anything else after reading Shaw because he covered just about every subject under the sun!" Words to that effect anyway.,

I share Shaw's disdain for sport where a hand can ruin a good game of football. Even a gust of wind!

Last edited:

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
[video=youtube;L8lwg-NMWjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L8lwg-NMWjE[/video]

roc_

I'd be interested to see the context. Shaw used irony a lot. He would speak to one's intelligence, rather than dumbing everything down. Methinks the Americans have been misreading Shaw here. I stand to be corrected, but I'd be extremely surprised. I've read a lot of him, and his opinions, and I've never come across a hint of this.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies