• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

George Galloway - hyprocrite and bigot.

Shqiptar

Scottish MP, George Galloway is no stranger to controversy. But he has been defended for his willingness to meet anyone with an open mind, free of judgment. In 1994, he met the genocidal Iraqi dictator, Saddam Hussein and told him, "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability." So far, so eyebrow-raising. But like we said, he's willing to meet anyone, right?

Wrong. It seems that while mass-murderers who use nerve gas on their own populations are acceptable, ordinary Israeli citizens aren't. Last night, during a debate at Oxford University, Galloway stormed out when he realised he was debating with a young Israeli. He left the debating chamber shouting, "I don’t debate with Israelis”. I don't recognize Israeli citizens."

Now, surely even the most hardline anti-Israel person here will see the problem with this?

George Galloway storms out of a debate, refusing to talk to an Israeli. He
George Galloway refuses to debate with Israeli student at Oxford | Politics | guardian.co.uk
George Galloway accused of racism after refusing to debate with Israeli | The Sun |News

freewillie

Scottish MP, George Galloway is no stranger to controversy. But he has been defended for his willingness to meet anyone with an open mind, free of judgment. In 1994, he met the genocidal Iraqi dictator, Saddam Hussein and told him, "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability." So far, so eyebrow-raising. But like we said, he's willing to meet anyone, right?

Wrong. It seems that while mass-murderers who use nerve gas on their own populations are acceptable, ordinary Israeli citizens aren't. Last night, during a debate at Oxford University, Galloway stormed out when he realised he was debating with a young Israeli. He left the debating chamber shouting, "I don’t debate with Israelis”. I don't recognize Israeli citizens."

Now, surely even the most hardline anti-Israel person here will see the problem with this?

George Galloway refuses to debate with Israeli student at Oxford | Politics | guardian.co.uk
George Galloway accused of racism after refusing to debate with Israeli | The Sun |News
just confirms him for the gob************************e he is

Hitch 22

He has no problem supporting Assad and his goons who are butchering the people of Syria, no problem supporting Hezbollah or Hamas or the Iranian regime either.

F*ck him.

Sync

2006 called. It wants to remind you that Galloway's a moron.

Galloway interrupted the third-year philosophy, politics and economics student at Brasenose college when Aslan-Levy used the word "we" in reference to Israel.

"You said 'we'," said Galloway. "Are you an Israeli?"

"I am, yes," Aslan-Levy replied.

"I don't debate with Israelis. I have been misled, sorry," Galloway said, standing and putting on his coat, then reiterating as he walked out: "I don't recognise Israel and I don't debate with Israelis."
He's racist. It's plan and simple. If he'd refused to deal with a muslim, an arab or a Christian it would be the same thing.

Another Twitter user, who describes herself as a "proud mum" and "progressive Jew", asked Galloway: "Out of interest would you refuse to meet with a constituent if they had Israeli citizenship?"
A pretty fair question.

Last edited:

Just Jack

A decent man.

Hitch 22

He is a critic of Israel and it's treatment and attitude towards Palestine, what did you expect?

Bit odd though that he refused to discuss with a Student (a highly educated one, it seems with the course he is doing), in England
He openly supports terrorist attacks on Israel. He is a hated filled extremist piece of f*cking sh*t.

Jezza

He is a critic of Israel and it's treatment and attitude towards Palestine, what did you expect?

Bit odd though that he refused to discuss with a Student (a highly educated one, it seems with the course he is doing), in England
A 'critic' who is not prepared to put his 'critisisms' to the test.

statsman

Bit odd though that he refused to discuss with a Student (a highly educated one, it seems with the course he is doing), in England. What was he afraid of?
Losing.

Aindriu

Bit odd though that he refused to discuss with a Student (a highly educated one, it seems with the course he is doing), in England. What was he afraid of?
I would expect him to have the intelligence and good grace to debate with the young person, not treat him as a non-entity. Then again, he is George Galloway so his IQ is not the highest petunia

Astral Peaks

It's Galloway.

Just a pimple on the ar$e of humanity......

Honecker

I could name a few other politicians who met Saddam Hussein. Donald Rumsfeld for one. Back then Iraq thought it was an American ally fighting a war against Iran. Of course we now know the yanks were secretly selling arms to Iran so they could fund the contras in Nicaragua. Also the Iraqis were lead to believe by the Americans that they could seize Kuwait as compensation for their losses in the Iran war. Except of course it was a trap for yanks to launch their own oil war.

Jezza

His IQ is high enough to know when he is on a hiding to nothing, and is matched by his instinct for self-preservation.

Colin M

He's always been a tool, who is a bad representative for anti-war people like myself. Good example is him changing his support from Dundee Utd to Celtic.

GDPR

My, my he has really tarnished his reputation.

I hope he realises that :evil:

Hitch 22

Well, since America and most of Europe say little about Israeli's "terrorist attacks" on Palestinian people in the West Bank and Gaza region.............
Hamas are openly calling for the destruction of Israel and the murder of all Jews and also global jihad to impose Islam on the entire world. Infidels like us can either convert to Islam or die. That's who you are supporting if support Hamas.

I am sure that if Israel did not behave in the way that it has behaved, then there would be little hatred from Galloway. Though, I am sure he would find another pet topic
Before the end of the Cold War Galloway was a communist who supported the Soviet Union.

He is a disgusting piece of scum.

Hitch 22

My, my he has really tarnished his reputation.

I hope he realises that :evil:
He hasn't tarnished his reputation.

He is an apologist for Islamist terrorism and hatred for Israel.

If anything he has reinforced his reputation as an anti-semite, bigot and lunatic.

Interista

He's racist. It's plan and simple. If he'd refused to deal with a muslim, an arab or a Christian it would be the same thing.
Ah yes, the whole 'Israeli=Jew' sleight of hand (if you say it quickly maybe nobody will notice). Since when have Israelis been a 'race'?

There are many reasons to be critical of Galloway. But he is not and has never been a racist.

Andy4571

Getting beaten in the debate most likely.

EoinMag

Hamas are openly calling for the destruction of Israel and the murder of all Jews and also global jihad to impose Islam on the entire world. Infidels like us can either convert to Islam or die. That's who you are supporting if support Hamas.

Before the end of the Cold War Galloway was a communist who supported the Soviet Union.

He is a disgusting piece of scum.

Completely forgetting that it was the Israeli plan to Islamicise the Palestinian side so that the tabloid sized brains would easily lump them in with the "other" side of the whole war on terror.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies