• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

George H W Bush in intensive care

Boy M5

I've always had a bit of time for Bush # 41, he fought bravely in the Pacific and served his country both in military and civil life. He also made money in his own right in the oil industry.
He understood international relations and is the anithesis of the Tea Party loons who have destroyed the GOP.

Sadly he's in ICU in Houston. Obama has been notified of his condition which is code for Bush being gravely ill.

I hope he pulls through.

Ribeye

And so it begins, this should be interesting,

cabledude

I really hope the MODS are awake and present. This could get messy

CookieMonster

I've always had a bit of time for Bush # 41, he fought bravely in the Pacific and served his country both in military and civil life. He also made money in his own right in the oil industry.
He understood international relations and is the anithesis of the Tea Party loons who have destroyed the GOP.

Sadly he's in ICU in Houston. Obama has been notified of his condition which is code for Bush being gravely ill.

I hope he pulls through.
BBC News - George H W Bush in intensive care after 'setbacks'

Dame_Enda

Unlike his son, I have great respect for this man for standing up to Israel for a while by holding up funds for the resettlement of Soviet Jews in Israel. He tried to pressure them to stop the settlements but failed. But it was very brave given the all-powerful nature of AIPAC. He also saved Panama from narco-statehood by deposing its dictator Noriega. I wish him a speedy recovery. The last of the reasonable Republicans. You know - the ones that didn't talk like they had a direct-line to God or were fulfilling Old Testament prophesy with the stroke of a pen. The ones that didn't hate gays.

Boy M5

This is President 41 a moderate. Not his son President 43.

Future Irish Leader

A man who served honourably as Vice President to Reagan and a man who governed as president well. Despite my admiration for clinton I still wonder why he didn't get a 2nd term, despite a tiny recession.

Ribeye

This is President 41 a moderate. Not his son President 43.
I'm sure he knows that, but he's right, this will be messy,

Very messy,

cabledude

A man who served honourably as Vice President to Reagan and a man who governed as president well. Despite my admiration for clinton I still wonder why he didn't get a 2nd term, despite a tiny recession.
The ladies loved Clinton. Young, handsome.

Dame_Enda

Because he said "Read my lips no new taxes", and then had to give in to a Democratic Congress that insisted on them.

neiphin

because p.ie now must tag the official line

was p.ie warned by the government ?

Tin Foil Hat

Doesn't sound good, to be honest. 88 is a decent innings. If it is the end, I hope it's speedy and as comfortable as possible. A far more decent man and president than the two who were to follow, from what I can remember.

breakingnews

Gerald Ford died on a similar day around Xmas in 2006 IIRC.

EDIT: 26 Dec, 2006. The last time a former US president died.

cabledude

because p.ie now must tag the official line

was p.ie warned by the government ?
There is no 'official' line. But there is such a concept as decency. A concept which has been very thin on the ground in some quarters around here of late.

Crazy horse 6

No time for him at all. Won't say what I think of him as a person as it seems the site is now been run along the lines of boards.ie and other pillars of free speech.:roll:

Mercurial

No time for him at all. Won't say what I think of him as a person as it seems the site is now been run along the lines of boards.ie and other pillars of free speech.:roll:
It should be possible to express your opinion of him, however negative, in language which is not unnecessarily distasteful.

That's not an official policy, just a suggestion.