• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

George Hook is a Twat!

riker1969

Heard about Hooks' loser' speech to FG. Now I'm not disputing FG's woeful record in getting elected-its probably the worst in Western Europe but I think Hook has sank any chance of being hired as a motivational speaker in the future. Perhaps he should market himself as a interrogator of some sort. You know break down your victim and then get them to confess. I thought the idea of a motivational speech was to make you feel ,well motivated? Not shite. I don't think FG need to be reminded that they have an inability to get elected. They should never have lost the 1997 election except for Quinn's cautiousness in Finance.

Never thought much of Hook except that he is a grossly paid curmudgeon . knowing little of rugby I cant comment on his Sports commentary but in terms of politics he can hardly be called insightful. Always felt getting in outside speakers is a complete waste of money and time anyway. If they make you feel better it quickly dissipates . Structured reform works, not paying personalities thousands. FG should bounce his cheque. ;)

borntorum

Hmmm, surely FG are twats for inviting him? And apparently he did his little 'motivational' speech for free.

Anyway, AFAIK Hook is a self-declared blueshirt. With friends like that etc

riker1969

If its true(about not charging) I feel slightly better about it. He will never work in that area(motivation) again -that's for sure. :cool:

twtone

borntorum said:
Hmmm, surely FG are twats for inviting him? And apparently he did his little 'motivational' speech for free.

Really? But on his radio program he regularly claims to be a leftist. Indeed that forms the basis of the inane interaction he has every week with some American right-wing talkshow guy.
The American wipes the floor with him every program, largely because Hook is unable to put forward a left/progressive analysis of any topic that comes up.

borntorum

riker1969 said:
If its true(about not charging) I feel slightly better about it. He will never work in that area(motivation) again -that's for sure. :cool:
I read that in the IT today, Im pretty sure. They made a joke along the lines of FG missing out on a potentially lucrative revenue stream - plenty of FFers would pay big money to tell the FG PP they were losers ;)

borntorum

twtone said:
borntorum said:

Really? But on his radio program he regularly claims to be a leftist. Indeed that forms the basis of the inane interaction he has every week with some American right-wing talkshow guy.
The American wipes the floor with him every program, largely because Hook is unable to put forward a left/progressive analysis of any topic that comes up.
He's waffled on in the past about his mother telling him the story of Michael Collins when he was a baby on her knee, and how he's been a Gaeler ever since. I agree that he lacks a coherent analysis, but that is because he's a spoofer and little more. At least his rugby analysis is somewhat entertaining (though the crowbarring-in of Shakespearean references is getting very old), but on radio he's awful.

Pauli

twtone said:
borntorum said:

Really? But on his radio program he regularly claims to be a leftist. Indeed that forms the basis of the inane interaction he has every week with some American right-wing talkshow guy.The American wipes the floor with him every program, largely because Hook is unable to put forward a left/progressive analysis of any topic that comes up.
The American is such a gobshite, it shouldn't take very much to flatten the prick and his right-wing neo-liberalist horseshit. That Hook believes you should be all matey with such fatuous jerks might be down to too much rugger-bugger bar bonhomie.

Sister Mercedes

Hook is suing Johnny Sexton for defamation. What a joke our defamation laws are.

A request for an apology, the withdrawal of the article, and a “proportionate donation” to the IRFU Charitable Trust has been rejected by The Irish Times. Sexton is understood to be consulting his solicitors.

The broadcaster has alleged that comments made by Sexton in the interview meant that Hook does not believe what he writes and broadcasts, and has generated controversy over player welfare, including Sexton’s, to further his career.
George Hook threatens to sue Johnny Sexton

Boy M5

This thread title is libellous.
The society of Twats of Ireland may sue us.

Mrwoody

Hes going the way of his FG heroes and thats down or is that retiring.

Socratus O' Pericles

George Hook, the Michael Healy Rae of Foxrock (beloved Cork:petunia).

Two rugger buffers suing each other.....good stuff the Irish Times is safe for another 12 months.

Wagmore

Would love to see this go to court-Hook has been on a collision course with the truth for decades

Casablanca

I imagine the Times reporting the letter from Hook would suggest that "the defence of truth" will be argued.

truthisfree

Am I missing something here? Hook says rugby player is brain injured, player says he is not, Hook sues player he believes to be brain injured! Seriously...???

ShoutingIsLeadership

Was the Irish Times so ballsy last year when Dinny was threatening to sue?

As I recall it, it gave not a shyte about the truth that parliamentary privilege is absolute.

The depth of the pockets of one's opponent seems to be what's important to it.

Seanie Lemass

I like Hook but not surprised that someone took him on over his constant banging on about rugby concussion.

In effect he is arguing that "the game we love" should basically be dismantled. More to the point he is implying that players like Sexton should no longer be playing!

This is Sexton's livelihood. He has also said he takes the advice of medics rather than people looking at him on TV or from the stands who decide that he shouldn't be playing.

This one has potential to bring all sorts of things into play if it does go to court. Would not be surprised to see George and others use it as opportunity to stage a sort of tribunal into rugby concussion. He might see that as his legacy!

stakerwallace

Am I missing something here? Hook says rugby player is brain injured, player says he is not, Hook sues player he believes to be brain injured! Seriously...???
Hook will receive a special Thomond Park welcome next time he deigns to visit

Popular Threads

Most Replies