George Seawright: Ulster martyr

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

I was once a friend of George and will never forget the day he was brutally murdered by terrorists. A good and honest man beloved of all who met him.

George was of course a devout Christian and Pastor and never turned away anyone who came to him for help.

I was in attendance at a moving ceremony which marked the 30th anniversary of his death a few months ago. The thing that struck me most was the diversity of those in attendance. From wealthy old Gentrified stock to working class Protestants of east Belfast. There were also, I'm pleased to say, a number of Roman Catholic converts who'd found Christ thanks largely to the missionary work of my own Pastor, John Purcell.

To members of this Forum (especially Protestants) I ask what is your memory of George Seawright and what did his life here on earth teach you personally?

George Seawright

theloner

It's like Reeling in the Years! It's good to remember Tom's harsh words for him:

Tom King decided that “on balance, ministers should seek to avoid Mr Seawright’s company”.

Indeed. Avoid.

Catalpast

That fellow had a Death Wish

- he got his Wish....

He was a Dope

On the other hand he left behind a Wife and a bunch of young kids

- so there is nothing to gloat about here

May God have Mercy upon his Soul.

former wesleyan

It's like Reeling in the Years! It's good to remember Tom's harsh words for him:

Tom King decided that “on balance, ministers should seek to avoid Mr Seawright’s company”.

Indeed. Avoid.
Understatement always carries the best put-down.

GDPR

I used to have some old tapes of George Seawright speaking and sermonizing that sadly I lost through moving around in England. David Kerr! Now that is a name I haven't heard in a while- didn't he run for some office and basically get three votes or something? Are you mates with Alan Campbell Ollie? When George Seawright died had become Unitarian or had he remained Trinitarian do you know?

It would also be really interesting to know Cruimh's views on George Seawright.

vivabrigada

This George Seawright?
"He infamously suggested about Catholic schools that the Belfast Education and Library Board should "acquire an incinerator and burn the lot".

In 1984, he said Belfast City Council should buy an incinerator "to burn Roman Catholics and their priests".

The IPLO shot him because he was a member of the UVF who had a policy of deliberately targeting civilians because they were Catholic.

GDPR

George Seawright was in many ways Ulster's answer to Rabbi Meir Kahane.

What are your views on Rabbi Meir Kahane wes? I'm reading the last book that he wrote at the moment, "Forty Years", and whatever about the massive ethical problems with it from a literary point of view the work is a masterpiece, have you read it?

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Are you mates with Alan Campbell Ollie? When George Seawright died had become Unitarian or had he remained Trinitarian do you know?
Alan is a good and dear friend yes. He's a little too moderate on certain issues for my liking but we enjoy one another's company.

George stayed with the same church he attended all his life. I tried unsuccessfully several times to get him to be born again but he refused quoting the doctrine of predestination.

Who is this Cruimh you speak of?

GDPR

This George Seawright?
"He infamously suggested about Catholic schools that the Belfast Education and Library Board should "acquire an incinerator and burn the lot".

In 1984, he said Belfast City Council should buy an incinerator "to burn Roman Catholics and their priests".

The IPLO shot him because he was a member of the UVF who had a policy of deliberately targeting civilians because they were Catholic.
Getting chucked out of the 1980s DUP for anti-Catholic sectarianism I think does deserve some grudging respect. I love the way that Ollie's link describes his genocidal outburst this way;

"In 1984 he shot to notoriety over allegedly anti-Catholic remarks he was said to have made at a meeting of the Belfast Education and Library Board. "

Seawright was actually more of a head the ball than a lot of people suspect. He subscribed to a particularly warped version of "British Israelitism" called "Christian Identity" which teaches not just that WASPs are the real descendants of the Ancient Israelites but that the actual Jews are the product of Satan having sex with Eve in the Garden of Eden and that only White people are actually human, the other races not just not being descended from Adam but not actually human.

GDPR

Alan is a good and dear friend yes. He's a little too moderate on certain issues for my liking but we enjoy one another's company.

George stayed with the same church he attended all his life. I tried unsuccessfully several times to get him to be born again but he refused quoting the doctrine of predestination.

Who is this Cruimh you speak of?
He didn't though- he started off as a Free Presbyterian but quit them after he left the DUP and joined some other group.

Cruimh is a poster on here.

What issues exactly do find Alan Campbell to be moderate on?

vivabrigada

Getting chucked out of the 1980s DUP for anti-Catholic sectarianism I think does deserve some grudging respect. I love the way that Ollie's link describes his genocidal outburst this way;

"In 1984 he shot to notoriety over allegedly anti-Catholic remarks he was said to have made at a meeting of the Belfast Education and Library Board. "

Seawright was actually more of a head the ball than a lot of people suspect. He subscribed to a particularly warped version of "British Israelitism" called "Christian Identity" which teaches not just that WASPs are the real descendants of the Ancient Israelites but that the actual Jews are the product of Satan having sex with Eve in the Garden of Eden and that only White people are actually human, the other races not just not being descended from Adam but not actually human.
A sectarian wingnut with a legally held firearm and the original flegger. It was never going to end well!

theloner

And yet the most embarrassing thing about him was him being sent for his tea by the IPLO.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Oh really? I thought prison was the ultimate 'put-down' for UVF men.
Not quite. There are a lot of former inmates who have found Jesus. Many of them have been on a journey similar to myself.

When I was released from prison a former cellmate who had been converted convinced me to go on a trip to the Holy Land with his Christian group. I agreed (to be honest thinking more of the cheap booze I could load up on in duty free!) and it turned out to be the best decision of my life. An American Pastor over there baptised me in the sea of Galilee and I came home a different man.

I then came across Pastor John Purcell of Newry who was also an ex-convict who had found Christ. An illiterate traveller, he learned the Bible from start to finish using cassette tapes. Incidentally you'd be amazed at the amount of gypsies who've converted to Bible-based Protestantism.

Don't judge every book by its cover Loner.

A word now from Pastor John

[video=youtube;-e_nmwgLcYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e_nmwgLcYY[/video]

GDPR

A sectarian wingnut with a legally held firearm and the original flegger. It was never going to end well!
It is probable that the UK Deep State at the very least "allow" his execution by the IPLO. The lad was seriously deranged even by the Loyalists standards of the time and the fact that on top at he actually had quite a fertile imagination made him pretty dangerous. Than there was his links through David Kerr who wrote that article in the OP to some very serious people in the Nationalist Right in England as well as the "White Nationalist" scene in the UK. Another thing about George Seawright is that he had a boiling hatred of Vegans.

Last edited:

Catalpast

I used to have some old tapes of George Seawright speaking and sermonizing that sadly I lost through moving around in England. David Kerr! Now that is a name I haven't heard in a while- didn't he run for some office and basically get three votes or something? Are you mates with Alan Campbell Ollie? When George Seawright died had become Unitarian or had he remained Trinitarian do you know?

They share the same DNA that's for sure!:p

theloner

Aye, Ward 5 at Broadmoor.

New Threads

Most Replies