George Seawright: Ulster martyr

GDPR

They share the same DNA that's for sure!:p
I think its hard to say what his views on him are. For instance George Seawright believed in the death penalty for homosexual activity and I think that Cruimh sincerely strongly supports the whole "Gay Liberation" thing. One thing is certain that I doubt Cruimh would be honest on here about his actual feelings on the matter.

theloner

My fave is Pastor Clifford Peeples who was born again BEFORE he got 10 years in the clink for the Russian grenades and pipe bomb.

There's an absolutely bonkers documentary on youtube about him and his mad congregation.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

For instance George Seawright believed in the death penalty for homosexual activity and I think that Cruimh sincerely strongly supports the whole "Gay Liberation" thing. One thing is certain that I doubt Cruimh would be honest on here about his actual feelings on the matter.
He sounds like a homosexual himself.

cricket

Not quite. There are a lot of former inmates who have found Jesus. Many of them have been on a journey similar to myself.

When I was released from prison a former cellmate who had been converted convinced me to go on a trip to the Holy Land with his Christian group. I agreed (to be honest thinking more of the cheap booze I could load up on in duty free!) and it turned out to be the best decision of my life. An American Pastor over there baptised me in the sea of Galilee and I came home a different man.

I then came across Pastor John Purcell of Newry who was also an ex-convict who had found Christ. An illiterate traveller, he learned the Bible from start to finish using cassette tapes. Incidentally you'd be amazed at the amount of gypsies who've converted to Bible-based Protestantism.

Don't judge every book by its cover Loner.

A word now from Pastor John

[video=youtube;-e_nmwgLcYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e_nmwgLcYY[/video]
That video clip is Alan Partridge material !

vivabrigada

And yet the most embarrassing thing about him was him being sent for his tea by the IPLO.
Speaking of wingnuts here's the millennial version:

"Jamie Bryson
@JamieBrysonCPNI
Real agenda in SB is SF/SDLP/APNI rallying together in an attempt to unseat a unionist MP. Making cultural issues contentious is simply a strategy to try & split unionism from loyalism by using cultural issues as an angle of attack in a liberal constituency."

He's a geg.

PAGE61

im not religious but how (if you are) could you say that he was a good Christian when he preached and incited at every turn of the page. An avid supporter of the BNF,then there was the famous incident regarding the british national anthem , Apparently if you would not sing along with this murderous little ditty you were "Fenian Scum"
There was a thread from 2006 which suggested that he was a named member of the uvf.
seawright was politically and possibly mentally unstable and was a throwback to the mentality that was in place in the shipyards of the Clyde and Belfast .

One thing for sure, he was a unionist who even gave unionists a bad name

Paddyc

I was once a friend of George and will never forget the day he was brutally murdered by terrorists. A good and honest man beloved of all who met him.

George was of course a devout Christian and Pastor and never turned away anyone who came to him for help.

I was in attendance at a moving ceremony which marked the 30th anniversary of his death a few months ago. The thing that struck me most was the diversity of those in attendance. From wealthy old Gentrified stock to working class Protestants of east Belfast. There were also, I'm pleased to say, a number of Roman Catholic converts who'd found Christ thanks largely to the missionary work of my own Pastor, John Purcell.

To members of this Forum (especially Protestants) I ask what is your memory of George Seawright and what did his life here on earth teach you personally?

George Seawright
A pal of mine was working in a factory in Dundalk when George met his fate.

His abiding memory was a lad walking into the canteen and asking for a minutes noise for George Seawright.

The cheers were deafening.

Paddyc

"Jamie Bryson
@JamieBrysonCPNI
Real agenda in SB is SF/SDLP/APNI rallying together in an attempt to unseat a unionist MP. Making cultural issues contentious is simply a strategy to try & split unionism from loyalism by using cultural issues as an angle of attack in a liberal constituency."

He's a geg.
At least Seawright got elected to something.

theloner

"Jamie Bryson
@JamieBrysonCPNI

He's a geg.
Wee lad is an absolute tool. He was boasting today about meeting up with Emma P about the important issues for the Protestant proles like bonfires and flags, but hilariously when the DUP was contacted about said meeting, 'no comment' was the rightful battle cry.

GDPR

My fave is Pastor Clifford Peeples who was born again BEFORE he got 10 years in the clink for the Russian grenades and pipe bomb.

There's an absolutely bonkers documentary on youtube about him and his mad congregation.
He is another utter head the ball- a big thing of his was a conspiracy theory that Jesuits thought up the whole "Pre-tribulation Rapture" thing in an attempt to turn Prods into wusses.

theloner

He is another utter head the ball- a big thing of his was a conspiracy theory that Jesuits thought up the whole "Pre-tribulation Rapture" thing in an attempt to turn Prods into wusses.
The very one. He is a Twatter and some of them make the laptop loyals on here seem utterly commonsensical, sentient and having all one's marbles.

Adding to Ratio's contribution, Peeples was Campbell's tea boy in relation to getting Rome Watch distributed to the god fearing masses (small 'm') of da Shankill.

GDPR

Is this the documentary you are talking about theloner?

[video=youtube;KnAB0jnGzKY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAB0jnGzKY[/video]

theloner

Correctomondo, dude. Wonder if Oliver C thought this thread would turn out so well. It's been a pleasure and learning experience.

vivabrigada

Correctomondo, dude. Wonder if Oliver C thought this thread would turn out so well. It's been a pleasure and learning experience.
Every day's a school day with these clowns.

GDPR

The very one. He is a Twatter and some of them make the laptop loyals on here seem utterly commonsensical, sentient and having all one's marbles.

Adding to Ratio's contribution, Peeples was Campbell's tea boy in relation to getting Rome Watch distributed to the god fearing masses (small 'm') of da Shankill.
Clifford was also actually involved with "Families Against Intimidation and Terror" which was one of weirder chapters of the Troubles.

Alan Campbell wore an "Ulster needs Ethnic cleansing" badge to fleg protests and also holds to the "Christian Identity" "Theology" about White Prods being the real Jews and the actual Jews being descended from Satan shagging Eve, only White people are fully human, etc- but surreally though I think he is retired now actually held down a job teaching Religion in a girls Grammar school. Honestly a lot of these lads are actually more crazy than the Takferi Sunni Muslims.

Levellers

All these unionist terrorists do their time by discovering God and dosing up on valium. Their 'religion' is skin deep and is a mirror image of ISIS and the Westboro church.

McCrory, Adair and Stone were all industrious homosexuals whilst in prison but I guess Ollie never raised that matter.

GDPR

Every day's a school day with these clowns.
In all justice Evangelical Protestants are the part of the PUL community that is most likely to identify as "Irish" and very many of them completely stay out of politics. However there is a very freaky "Pentecostal Loyalist Pastor" scene that can be both extremely nasty and borderline psychotic in a lot of it's beliefs.

theloner

Clifford was also actually involved with "Families Against Intimidation and Terror" which was one of weirder chapters of the Troubles.

Alan Campbell wore an "Ulster needs Ethnic cleansing" badge to fleg protests and also holds to the "Christian Identity" "Theology" about White Prods being the real Jews and the actual Jews being descended from Satan shagging Eve, only White people are fully human, etc- but surreally though I think he is retired now actually held down a job teaching Religion in a girls Grammar school. Honestly a lot of these lads are actually more crazy than the Takferi Sunni Muslims.
Crikey, Vincent McKenna's lot. They make Willie and FAIR look norm....er, maybe not. All these names from the early to mid 90s. Might have to go dust down a bit of Definitely Maybe or The Charlatans this evening. No pun intended.

former wesleyan

More power to yer wee wheel as they say, but have you - and many others - ever thought that knowing so much about all these people betrays an unhealthy obsession ? I mean, most civilised people have never heard of them.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom