• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Gerald Celente - 2009 will see the worst economic collapse ever

Partizan

RT: Interview with Gerald Celente on 2009-02-11 04:40

RT Guest
February 11, 2009, 4:40
Gerald Celente
In 2009 we’re going to see the worst economic collapse ever, the ‘Greatest Depression’, says Gerald Celente, U.S. trend forecaster. He believes it’s going to be very violent in the U.S., including there being a tax revolt......

tin hats stuff here.

Partizan

So Mr. Gerald Celente is an FSB agent then? I agree that RT is nothing more than a propaganda mouthpiece for Putin & co. but Celente is not to be ignored.

absconded

RT always host controversial commentators. So, I´d take what he says with a pinch of salt and a big health warning.
No doubt this is a critical phase for an international recovery. However, remember if the worst comes to pass in the US it will be worse here. There will be starvation and civil unrest in this country without precedent. I would advocate having a few thousand euros in small denominations in a safe place at home for at least the next 2 years. And candles, tinned food, flour, sugar and rice etc. Just in case

Benz

looks like the sheen will come off Obama fairly quickly. the incumbent tends to be blamed regardless of the origins of the problem. frightening stuff nevertheless.

Eorna

RT always host controversial commentators. So, I´d take what he says with a pinch of salt and a big health warning.
No doubt this is a critical phase for an international recovery. However, remember if the worst comes to pass in the US it will be worse here. There will be starvation and civil unrest in this country without precedent. I would advocate having a few thousand euros in small denominations in a safe place at home for at least the next 2 years. And candles, tinned food, flour, sugar and rice etc. Just in case
Ireland's food production will be well able to fee a multiple of our population, no matter what happens. The thing is, will the govt. allow the Irish people to eat the food, or will it export it. If the Govt. are half decent, the army would step in to provide logistics,would the Brits come back in, as they do not have a stable food supply. As for chaos, hunger, and everything else, then I would say nothing would surprise me. If you think that Celente is negative, you should listen to Jim Rodgers, who is considered to be one of the greatest investors of all time.

I have always been intrigued by the idea of cycles of history, that we are condemned by our human nature to repeat mistakes. It seems, that these occur on hundred year cycles, have a look at this article. Once I have more time, I must thrash it out, regarding Ireland's history
http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/quinn/2009/0210.html

Last edited:

Eorna

looks like the sheen will come off Obama fairly quickly. the incumbent tends to be blamed regardless of the origins of the problem. frightening stuff nevertheless.
The man does not seem to be the leader that he advertised himself as, for all his talk on infrastructure spending as being vital, only 10% of the money is being spent on it. Nancy Pelosi kicked his ass on that. Their is so much "pork" in this, that any stimulus has to be questioned. I am interested in seeing the workings of the bad asset buyback.

SPN

Ireland's food production will be well able to fee a multiple of our population, no matter what happens.
Not without diesel, fertilisers, sprays, seeds, etc.

We CAN feed ourselves, and we COULD be an exporter, but we currently don't have a plan for transitioning, and certainly not a plan for a short sharp shock. We can cope with a slow transition, but we would have major problems with a quick one.

Just watch what is happening in the dairy sector at the moment. We've known it was going to collapse for nearly 6 months, but we still haven't anyone looking at a transition plan - what to transition to, how to transition, etc.

Eorna

Well prior to the mechanisation of farming ( by this I mean tractors, Milking machines, not horse powered) we produced enough food, to feed several times our current population. I do recognise and support transition culture, as being of vital national importance. Is there a course in it that you could recommend

absconded

Ireland's food production will be well able to fee a multiple of our population, no matter what happens. The thing is, will the govt. allow the Irish people to eat the food, or will it export it. If the Govt. are half decent, the army would step in to provide logistics,would the Brits come back in, as they do not have a stable food supply. As for chaos, hunger, and everything else, then I would say nothing would surprise me. If you think that Celente is negative, you should listen to Jim Rodgers, who is considered to be one of the greatest investors of all time.

I have always been intrigued by the idea of cycles of history, that we are condemned by our human nature to repeat mistakes. It seems, that these occur on hundred year cycles, have a look at this article. Once I have more time, I must thrash it out, regarding Ireland's history
"Boomers - Your Crisis Has Arrived" by James Quinn. FSO Editorial 02/10/2009
Eorna, Lidl have a much better logistics infrastructure than the Army. I would advocate spending an extra tenner a week into your purchase of non perishable groceries until things get better. Buy Irish if it makes you feel better. But don´t be reliant on this government for your wellbeing. Not saying there will be a famine, but don´t be surprised by anything.

absconded

Well prior to the mechanisation of farming ( by this I mean tractors, Milking machines, not horse powered) we produced enough food, to feed several times our current population. I do recognise and support transition culture, as being of vital national importance. Is there a course in it that you could recommend
That was before the population moved to Lucan & Naas. The children of these towns ´have probably never planted or dug a spud.

rhonda15

here's video of the interview

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAaSw1uYVyo]YouTube - Gerald Celente on RT The Biggest Depression pt 1/2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q1sBuzJI5A&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Gerald Celente on RT The Biggest Depression pt 2/2[/ame]

absconded

I have just reviewed my forecast. Buy an extra 20 euros of non perishable foodstuffs per week until things get better. And keep plenty of cash in a jar somewhere.

absconded

I'm already stocking up on tinned foods.
tinned foods are good. But don´t neglect:
Powdered Milk
Flower
Sugar
Instant Potato
dehydrated peas and beans etc.
Camping Stove (black outs)
Candles
Board Games

Truth.ie

Don't ask me how, but i stumbled on this interview on Russian T.V last night, before I saw this thread.
Seems pretty sane to me, and kudos for not falling for the Obamamania.
I thought he was wise to suggest investing in "anything medical", considering our growing aging population. He also suggested Gold, but I don't see gold any different than say property or tulips.
The term, "trees don't grow to the sky" could also be applicable for gold.
Can't argue with his contention that an Israeli attack would Iran would herald World War 3 either.

Truth.ie

tinned foods are good. But don´t neglect:
Powdered Milk
Flower
Sugar
Instant Potato
dehydrated peas and beans etc.
Camping Stove (black outs)
Candles
Board Games
And of course, seeds for the long term.