Germany likely to ban the burqa ...but for the wrong reason.

Ruadh

Merkel's party is proposing to ban the hateful burqa and niqab as part of a tightening against security. Unfortunately they seem to be doing it for reasons that aren't too clear. CDU politicians are gung ho for it but can only articulate as far as yeah I don't want to see a burqa about the place.

Die Linke looks like it's called it correctly by saying its "pandering to the pub room chatter of the far-right Alternative für Deutschland”.

If the CDU can't articulate a reason then die Linket's is as good a read as any. It's somewhat incredible that they cannot articulate a reason since the most obvious one is the burqa and niqab are as fundamentally misogynistic a thing as was ever seen in Germany. it's hard to believe that in 2016 there are people trying to force women or brainwash them into thinking they have to cover themselves head to toe bar the eyes less they give a man occasion to sin. Sure some lads love looking at eyes so the Burqa was invented. How is that not sexist?

Why are they so terrified in calling out what is a misogynistic and extremely backward practice usually promoted by extreme GiB botherers who won't even leave their women property out of the house alone. The type o botherers who terrorize and coerce their communities.

It might help security in that anything that combats extreme fascism can only help but the number one reason to ban it is in Germany a woman should be equal to a man.

Die Linke and CDU surely would agree with that.

Good call by CDU but pathetic justification and leaving women down badly by it. Saying Women shouldn't be forced to wear a bed sheet because of horny men is not the call to arms of the 4th Reich. Die Linke should point out the obvious as well.

Men in Iran have more balls since some of them have worn the veil in protest of the compulsory veil law.

One iranian said " “I decided to stand by my niece and wear the hijab, because the truth is that I don’t want anyone to take my freedoms away from me, so I can’t be indifferent to violation of freedoms of half of my people,” he explained. “Women, when they leave home for the public everyday, have to leave their real identity back at home, and it’s a horrible feeling to have a double identity for a lifetime,” he added."

That's one in the eye for the haters who think an entire community are god botherers. They are not and never were but the god botherers took over and forced their agenda onto the rest. Those men are feminists which is another one in the other eye for you crazies who hate feminists an. Muslims.

Iranian Men Don Women's Hijabs To Challenge Compulsory Veiling Law

Good to know at least some people still oppose misogyny.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/10/german-minister-to-propose-ban-on-full-face-veils-in-wake-of-attacks

Last edited:

Roll_On

I don't think people should be banned from wearing what they like. However employers should be allowed dictate a dress code and police/airport security should be able to see your face on request.I had to remove my glasses for airport security before when they were looking at my passport, it's the same deal.

Analyzer

Der Linke seem to have forgotten the disdain that Karl Marx held for religion.

Der Linke are therefore not even Marxist anymore.

Just a collection of social justice fools looking for victim role based trajectory in daftness.

A better idea would be to ban Sharia. It is supremecist in it's design. It is the antithesis of modernity.

Karl Marx would agree with it. Unfortunately, Der Linke are too ignorant to grasp this.

Last edited:

Levellers

It's ridiculous to smite a whole community for the actions of a handful of people. It reeks of collective punishment.

Ruadh

I don't think people should be banned from wearing what they like. However employers should be allowed dictate a dress code and police/airport security should be able to see your face on request.I had to remove my glasses for airport security before when they were looking at my passport, it's the same deal.
They were hardly going to punish you for removing your glasses if the lad beside you suddenly found that did it for him and started groping you so no it's not quite the same.

Even if I say it is the same then the least it should be fair to have a campaign to persuade women that they don't need to hide under silage wrap least men become aroused cause it's the men who are fault and not the women.
If that happened that would be progress and empowering for women being forced to wear sheets. Maybe it would take a generation and their lives would be wasted in shame of their gender but at least their daughters would have the same rights as other Germans.

Ruadh

It's ridiculous to smite a whole community for the actions of a handful of people. It reeks of collective punishment.
Unfortunately It can't move beyond the identity debate but imagine if you will Swedish women were still wearing mediaeval veils to preserve their modesty and to safeguard us men from lust.

Ignore the nationality, religion, the ethnicity and just think in terms of is this insanely misogynistic or not.

If the answer isn't yes then it's mental gymnastics.

Truth.ie

Total ban in public is needed.
Make sure adverts are placed in the Arab countries, so they know its banned before coming too.
Lest there be any confusion, and they claim they weren't warned before coming.

Ruadh

Der Linke seem to have forgotten the disdain that Karl Marx held for religion.

Der Linke are therefore not even Marxist anymore.

Just a collection of social justice fools looking for victim role based trajectory in daftness.

A better idea would be to ban Sharia. It is supremecist in it's design. It is the antithesis of modernity.

Karl Marx would agree with it. Unfortunately, Der Linke are too ignorant to grasp this.
Shari'a law should have the same standing as church law or Deuteronomy.

God doesn't get to write the laws for men, and it's always men, to implement them.

Dasayev

So, in 2016, Germany will literally have a fashion police.

Number of attacks this will help prevent = 0, but at least the politicians can say that they are doing something.

Ruadh

So, in 2016, Germany will literally have a fashion police.

Number of attacks this will help prevent = 0, but at least the politicians can say that they are doing something.
It begins to undermine the validity of the fascists ideology if women begin to dress with as free a choice as men. Why some of them might even begin to think they were equalt to men, maybe even deserving of the same equality as German women. Getting radical now.

GDPR

Im not clear on what basis the full-face veil is to be banned.

If it is for security reasons, the usual one given in African countries which ban the burqua is that suicide bombers use loose fitting robes to conceal their weaponry - and that many of them are men disguised as women. Has this been the MO of Islamist terrorists in Europe? No. So why single out the burqua? It looks deliberately provocative and quite obtuse to do so on the grounds of preventing terrorism.

Truth.ie

Egypt is very close to banning it.
Tunisia has banned it.
Syria did ban it, but revoked the ban to appease the Islamist protesters in the early days of the 2011.

There is nothing Islamaphobic about banning this.

Ruadh

Im not clear on what basis the full-face veil is to be banned.

If it is for security reasons, the usual one given in African countries which ban the burqua is that suicide bombers use loose fitting robes to conceal their weaponry - and that many of them are men disguised as women. Has this been the MO of Islamist terrorists in Europe? No. So why single out the burqua? It looks deliberately provocative and quite obtuse to do so on the grounds of preventing terrorism.
Course the question is should what's probably one of the more extreme forms of misogyny not be banned anyhow.

Please be aware that if your intellectual brilliance excites me I will ask for you to be punished

Last edited:

Herr Rommel

That should be one of the first steps in dealing with Islamic terrorism, the next logical step is full access and monitoring of all mosque and the people going in and out once they are exposed as the terrorist recruiting hubs we all know they are shut them down and lock up anyone with even a hint of Islamic extremism about them.

This will get a hell of a lot worse of course before the European people finally get the finger out and fight back against the greatest threat to freedom for all in the 21st century.

Ruadh

Egypt is very close to banning it.
Tunisia has banned it.
Syria did ban it, but revoked the ban to appease the Islamist protesters in the early days of the 2011.

There is nothing Islamaphobic about banning this.
Even men in Iran hate it. Most Arabic countries used never have it bar the country where women cannot drive lest they sin.

So it's just an extremists wish list item. I am sure some Catholics want women to wear veils but we are free to call them reactionary Cun ts who hate women.

kerdasi amaq

I'd prefer to see burka wearers banned from Europe.

Trainwreck

That would be my position.

But I would also insist that the PC brigade are not allowed to shout down as "racist" criticisms of the ideology that either forces women to wear it, or conditions to think they need or want to wear it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies