Germany spent €22 billion on Asylum seekers in 2016 with net immigration of 750,000 people

Hans Von Horn

Dr Pat

As usual you try to scaremonger with invented stuff.
None of those people will get a German passport in the short run. Most of them will never get a German passport. A small fraction of those people will eventually get a German passport after only many years.
YOU omitted to make mention of the millions of 'rellies' lining up to take a fast boat under family reunification rules. Strange that.

olli rehn

YOU omitted to make mention of the millions of 'rellies' lining up to take a fast boat under family reunification rules. Strange that.
Dr Pat adding a few million to whip up more fear.
Why don't you read the rules and regulations first I posted ?

TARZAN

Merkle created this whole mess so why should anybody step in to help her as when in the past several people within her own government expressed their concern she just dismissed them like the stupid power craving bxtch that she is. Germany caused two world wars and she is going about causing another one with her rash ideas of trying to integrate people who hate Western civilization and all that it stands for into Europe. I would rate her actions in destroying her own country in the same category as a previous German Chancellor who like her was also a megalomaniac.

storybud1

Simply staggering figures, how on earth one person can take such a decision without asking her EU partners smacks of dictatorship.

She has given millions of votes to the right wing parties throughout the EU.

Really poor, poor leadership when you consider all the billions that could have been better spent,

Brenny

As usual you try to scaremonger with invented stuff.
None of those people will get a German passport in the short run. Most of them will never get a German passport. A small fraction of those people will eventually get a German passport after only many years.
I agree, which begs the question - What was the point of it all? Why did MErkel do what she did?

Truth.ie

25 billion dollars for one year of open borders.
15 billion for Trump's wall.

Feckin bargain.

Truth.ie

I agree, which begs the question - What was the point of it all? Why did MErkel do what she did?
Not all Merkel's fault.
The EU parliament pushed through a new definition of what constitutes an "asylum seeker" in 2014.
No, I didnt get to vote on the matter either.

TARZAN

Simply staggering figures, how on earth one person can take such a decision without asking her EU partners smacks of dictatorship.

She has given millions of votes to the right wing parties throughout the EU.

Really poor, poor leadership when you consider all the billions that could have been better spent,
Dictatorship and goose steps are something that sit well with German Chancellors. Schhhhhhhhhhhh don't mention the War.

olli rehn

She had to do what she did. The refugees should have been spread all over Europe. EU member state or not. There were people coming looking for help. Many states rejected them and just wanted to get rid of them. Merkel acted as a Christian and gave them shelter.
Surely it could have been done in a more organized way. To filter out terrorists. But the folks were coming in by the thousands and the situation was chaotic.
Very sad to see so many people here using this situation for conspiracy loony theories or living out their xenophobic needs.

Sister Mercedes

Germany spent €22 billion on Asylum seekers in 2016 with net immigration of 750,000 people
That's €29k per refugee, less than a tenth of what we're spending (€12 million for 40 from Calais).

Sister Mercedes

Merkel acted as a Christian and gave them shelter.
No she acted like a teenage girl who posted "Free Pizza at My House" on a public Facebook page and then was shocked that 10,000 people showed up and thrashed the place.

She caused the biggest migration from Africa to Europe ever, the vast majority of whom were non-Syrian economic migrants. And then closed her doors, leaving Greece and Italy to deal with the mess she'd created.

olli rehn

No she acted like a teenage girl who posted "Free Pizza at My House" on a public Facebook page and then was shocked that 10,000 people showed up and thrashed the place.

She caused the biggest migration from Africa to Europe ever, the vast majority of whom were non-Syrian economic migrants. And then closed her doors, leaving Greece and Italy to deal with the mess she'd created.
Merkel did not cause this human tidal wave. A sucession of neocolonial wars, lead by the US and the UK trashed whole countries in Asia and Africa. Do you seriously believe the folks living there just sit down and wait for their death ?
The industrialised countries have been living on most 3rd world countries for decades or even centuries.
We- you, me and all others here-lived on the backs of unfortunate millions and fxcked up their countries.
Easy to sit behind a keyboard and dance on the fate of those folks....

Tacitus

A few facts not mentioned in the OP.

1) Refugees amount to less than 400k in 2016. The number of 700k arrivals is only the reached after deducing the number of people leaving Germany (netto migration).

2) More than 1.000.000 arrived in Germany, most of them from other European countries like Poland, Bulgaria and Romania (together more than 400k).

3) Germany has a very conservative passport system and there are talks about banning an only recently intoduced measure that allowed people to have 2 passports at the same time.

4) A refugee can only get a German passport if he got an indefinite allowance to stay and after that needs to stay for 7 years in Germany. Marrying a German or other measures do not shorten the time needed. And only a tiny portion of the refugees has received an indefinite stay in Germany, including Syrians. The others were granted a 3 years stay that'll be reviewed by then. Those people and migrants e.g. from the Maghreb who have no claim for asylum are generally not applicable for passports.

5) Even those who might end up with a passport in a decade or so are not going to leave for Ireland, certainly not those who want to live from the social security system like apparantly many of you fear. Germany's security system is far more generous than its' Irish counterpart so it would make no sense for them to leave.

Of xourse those facts will be drowned out in a page or two but perhaps some people will reflect on them.

okibb

Merkel did not cause this human tidal wave. A sucession of neocolonial wars, lead by the US and the UK trashed whole countries in Asia and Africa. Do you seriously believe the folks living there just sit down and wait for their death ?
The industrialised countries have been living on most 3rd world countries for decades or even centuries.
We- you, me and all others here-lived on the backs of unfortunate millions and fxcked up their countries.
Easy to sit behind a keyboard and dance on the fate of those folks....
So the Facebook ads promising milk and honey in Europe have nothing to do with this?

And what about 9/11?

And the gates of Vienna, if you want to go back that far?

olli rehn

So the Facebook ads promising milk and honey in Europe have nothing to do with this?

And what about 9/11?

And the gates of Vienna, if you want to go back that far?
Facebook ??? You make be laugh.
Countless satellites are beaming the Western lifestyle into Africa every second of the day.
Millions of tourists show off their dosh every year in many poverty stricken countries.
The internet shows how we live to anybody getting his hand on a second hand mobile phone discarded by any bored European.
Gates of Vienna ? What about the cruzaders at the gates of Jerusalem ?
And to stay in the present: What about US and Russian bombs falling on ME countries as I type this ?

Tacitus

Or indeed, the intervention against Qaddafi which was opposed by the German governemt with the argument that it would cause division in the ME and increase migration movements?

stopdoingstuff

A few facts not mentioned in the OP.

1) Refugees amount to less than 400k in 2016. The number of 700k arrivals is only the reached after deducing the number of people leaving Germany (netto migration).

2) More than 1.000.000 arrived in Germany, most of them from other European countries like Poland, Bulgaria and Romania (together more than 400k).

3) Germany has a very conservative passport system and there are talks about banning an only recently intoduced measure that allowed people to have 2 passports at the same time.

4) A refugee can only get a German passport if he got an indefinite allowance to stay and after that needs to stay for 7 years in Germany. Marrying a German or other measures do not shorten the time needed. And only a tiny portion of the refugees has received an indefinite stay in Germany, including Syrians. The others were granted a 3 years stay that'll be reviewed by then. Those people and migrants e.g. from the Maghreb who have no claim for asylum are generally not applicable for passports.

5) Even those who might end up with a passport in a decade or so are not going to leave for Ireland, certainly not those who want to live from the social security system like apparantly many of you fear. Germany's security system is far more generous than its' Irish counterpart so it would make no sense for them to leave.

Of xourse those facts will be drowned out in a page or two but perhaps some people will reflect on them.
They are not relevant to the fact that the Germans spent 22bn on asylum seekers.

stopdoingstuff

Or indeed, the intervention against Qaddafi which was opposed by the German governemt with the argument that it would cause division in the ME and increase migration movements?
Also not relevant. Nothing forced the Germans to take in so many refugees.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies