Germany tightens its grip on the levers of power in the EU

brughahaha

The appointment of Martin Selmayr by Jean Claude Junker to the position of sec gen of the EU commission has raised even the heckles of the normally servile EU based journalists.

https://www.politico.eu/article/martin-selmayr-european-commission-appointment-vs-the-press/

Apart from the very questionable process involved in his appointment ,or his complete lack of experience ,or even his less than flattering reputation , there is the small matter of the allegations of him winning commissioners support by promising them even bigger severance packages at the end of their terms (tax free of course)

Apart from all that , there is the small matter than a German is now in the sec gen of the Commission , the EU Parliament ...and the External Action service ...so policy , parliament and foreign affairs are all controlled by Germans .......

Now many of us are fully aware that since German reunification and the introduction of the Euro , the EU has become a vassal for Germany's (rightful in their view) Economic and Political domination of the continent ,but others prefer wilful ignorance or delusion

As the Irish media glossed over this I thought i would bring it to the attention of the latter

ruserious

Germany runs a tight ship. Perhaps it's not a bad idea.

paulp

The appointment of Martin Selmayr by Jean Claude Junker to the position of sec gen of the EU commission has raised even the heckles of the normally servile EU based journalists.

https://www.politico.eu/article/martin-selmayr-european-commission-appointment-vs-the-press/

Apart from the very questionable process involved in his appointment ,or his complete lack of experience ,or even his less than flattering reputation , there is the small matter of the allegations of him winning commissioners support by promising them even bigger severance packages at the end of their terms (tax free of course)

Apart from all that , there is the small matter than a German is now in the sec gen of the Commission , the EU Parliament ...and the External Action service ...so policy , parliament and foreign affairs are all controlled by Germans .......

Now many of us are fully aware that since German reunification and the introduction of the Euro , the EU has become a vassal for Germany's (rightful in their view) Economic and Political domination of the continent ,but others prefer wilful ignorance or delusion

As the Irish media glossed over this I thought i would bring it to the attention of the latter
Many of us are aware that many people here wear tinfoil hats

The Field Marshal

The German is either at your throat or at your feet

brughahaha

Many of us are aware that many people here wear tinfoil hats
Indeed ..they'd be the ones unable to factually counter whats put to them and resort to ad hominem comments my 7 year old would find lame

got a mirror handy ?petunia

Analyzer

I am waiting for some nEU imperial fan to claim that it is all completely democratic, and then to instruct everybody to shut up, and obey orders.

Analyzer

The Irish media are bought & paid for.

However, to their credit they deliver excellent value for money for those that bought & paid for them.

Last edited:

former wesleyan

valamhic

Ireland is in a very dangerous position within the EU. We may never escape this brutal dictatorship.

Vega1447

Ireland is in a very dangerous position within the EU. We may never escape this brutal dictatorship.
Go on out of that.

Brutal?

Dictatorship?

Hyperbole...

Aghalissabeagh

I think Selmayrs appointment might be a compromise for Jens Weidmann not to take/get the ECB Presidency gig.

Though Junckers support/lying for Barosso when he got caught lobbying, at the same time as appointing Selmayrs was unfortunate

JCR

Yes and what about being forced to eat those straight bananas.

Its a pity we don't have a few Germans in the Irish cabinet as well. Or even the Troika back. Might do something about the cosy cartels that actually control the country while morons spout nonsense about the EU.

willow68

Go on out of that.

Brutal?

Dictatorship?

Hyperbole...
Have you heard of EURGENDFOR....globalist poster boy Macron is all for it....just wait when it starts whipping dissenters into shape. But sure, that is all hyperbole and tinfoil hattery..the EU is an evil dictatorial entity, which will hopefully crumble under its own hubris before more blood is spilled.

New Threads

Most Replies