Gerry Adams ensures Brit killers at Loughgall walk free

DaveDublin

The OTR deal between Gerry adams and the Brits ensures killers of the loughgall volunteers opposed to Adams strategy for the provisional movement will walk free.

thought this guy was a republican?

geraghd

Gladstone said:
BREAKING NEWS....MAN MAKES LOUD POST!!!!!!!!
Where?

Gladstone

YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP I'M WEARING A TOWELL....I ALWAYS FIGURED TALKING LIKE THIS WAS EQUAL TO SHOUTING...NO?????

DOD

Indyjoe said:
Which is more important- looking after our own people or worrying about British soldiers who will never be convicted for that?
Exactly. Besides, did anyone ever really think the British courts would convict SAS men of murdering IRA men?

Janis

Actually, you know, the European Court of Human Rigts won't either, so its not just the Britsh courts. General consensus around the world that armed forces can get away with pretty much anything. If they were genuinely accountable for their actions, few would sign up. Alot of the attraction for a subsection of recruits is the chance to 'slot' a foriegner.

bobbysands81

We are trying to resolve a conflict on this island of ours. If that means that short term sacrifices have to be given for the greater good then I'm all for it as hard as it might be to stomach.

Janis

It is a silly if not slightly sinister move on the part of the British government, and I for one would just as soon not have al lthose loyalist killer running loose around town, Bob.

I think it is very interesting tat some one who chose such a name would think this si a good thing. Didn't Bobby Sands die in the battle over the distinction between being a prisoner of war and an ODC? And didn't releasing the IRA men - and excusing the OTRs- along with Loyalist sectarian murderers strongly indicate thatthey were much of a muchness?In so doing have not the republican movement ceded the point ? Did they not put themselves in the same position as putting on uniforms to get showers?

bobbysands81

Janis said:
It is a silly if not slightly sinister move on the part of the British government, and I for one would just as soon not have al lthose loyalist killer running loose around town, Bob.

I think it is very interesting tat some one who chose such a name would think this si a good thing. Didn't Bobby Sands die in the battle over the distinction between being a prisoner of war and an ODC? And didn't releasing the IRA men - and excusing the OTRs- along with Loyalist sectarian murderers strongly indicate thatthey were much of a muchness?In so doing have not the republican movement ceded the point ? Did they not put themselves in the same position as putting on uniforms to get showers?
I never said it was a good thing, but I think it's a necessary thing in the greater scheme of things.

On the Republican side there is plenty of evidence to suggest that the vast amount of volunteers who fought in the war woiuld not have ended up in prison in a "normal society", ergo these people should be freed.

It's debatable whether or not the same could be said for the volunteers on the Loyalist side, many indicators indicate (as they do!) that a great number of Loyalists would have ended up in prison anyway.

The IRA's war is over, let's see what happens next...

joemomma

Janis said:
And didn't releasing the IRA men - and excusing the OTRs- along with Loyalist sectarian murderers strongly indicate thatthey were much of a muchness?In so doing have not the republican movement ceded the point ? Did they not put themselves in the same position as putting on uniforms to get showers?
I don't think that's a fair point. As far as I'm aware, republicans never sought to deny political status to the "other side".

hiding behind a poster

Janis said:

How about all those IRA killers running loose around town?

eurocrat

Gladstone said:
I ALWAYS FIGURED TALKING LIKE THIS WAS EQUAL TO SHOUTING...NO?????
Correct. Net eqiuate states that capitalised words or phrasec imply shouting. This also applies to text messaging.

Schools should teach this stuff. Seriously. Its alsmost as important today as table manners. Emails without subjects lines really bug me too.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies