Gerry Adams: '€30 is a bottle of wine'

blinding

I’m tempted to say put a cork in it .....

All expenses of TDs should be checked for Wine approaching 30 Euro to see who Sups like the Devil Juncker.....

Supra

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/gerry-adams-30-is-a-bottle-of-wine-1.3261712

Gerry Adams - What actual income is this guy on?

New Sinn Féin: from Armalite to Armani

Between expensive wines and tailoring - How much do these people live so well - if they are taking the average industrial wage?
He said it's a bottle of wine for "the people in the cabinet" of which Adams is not a member.

Had he been allowed to finish he would have suggested it's much more than that to pensioners.

Cork

Armani suits? 1st Class Air travel? Health treatment in the US?

What income is he on?

stopdoingstuff

That's not that much relative to the cost of wines overall. It is at the low end of the price range for high quality wines.

blinding

A lot of our expensed TDs were probably guffawing because they normally don’t stoop below 50 Euro a bottle . They have delicate Palates , don’t you know.....

Erudite Caveman

A lot of our expensed TDs were probably guffawing because they normally don’t stoop below 50 Euro a bottle . They have delicate Palates , don’t you know.....
You imagined that. It doesn't mean it reflects reality. Even in Gerry's case. He's just sh1t with numbers.

Half Nelson

It was a momentary glitch, a badly chosen word.

But read the response it evoked, from TDs who are normally too lazy and uncaring to scratch their own arses. Suddenly everybody was involved.

TDs around the chamber snapped to attention and ..deputies gurgled in delighted astonishment. The noise levels rose, higher and higher as they loudly ridiculed Adams for his statement.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/miriam-lord-gerry-s-30-vino-brings-an-instant-hangover-1.3261062

(No, I don't vote SF)

McTell

Twitter
No

Half Nelson

That's not that much relative to the cost of wines overall. It is at the low end of the price range for high quality wines.
The subtext of the Dail response is that OAPs don't deserve luxuries in their miserable lives.

Sync

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/gerry-adams-30-is-a-bottle-of-wine-1.3261712

Gerry Adams - What actual income is this guy on?

New Sinn Féin: from Armalite to Armani

Between expensive wines and tailoring - How much do these people live so well - if they are taking the average industrial wage?
I'm not sure how anyone over 10 years old could watch that video and think "Yes he's clearly too well to do" as opposed to "He misspoke when making a dumb point about the government".

Step 1. Start from a position of "I don't like Gerry Adams",
Step 2. Think to yourself "I think I'll see if anyone is stupid enough to buy my rubbish that this means he's too well off"
Step 3. Profit.

Unless you genuinely believe step 2 yourself. Which is sad. And an indictment of the education you received.

It's one of those cases where being disingenuous is actually better than being genuine.

Supra

It's a little sad that the paper of record ignored what Adams actually said.

Supra

I'm not sure how anyone over 10 years old could watch that video and think "Yes he's clearly too well to do" as opposed to "He misspoke when making a dumb point about the government".
He didn't misspeak. He said "it's a bottle of wine to the cabinet"
he was interrupted and the heckles may have dulled the last two words but it's clear in the audio.

New Threads

Most Replies