Gerry Adams faces an accusation that he was involved in having someone killed

Itsalaugh

There is also speculation that he was opposed to the Adams/McGuinness peacemakers process. He thus had to die to maintain what they call peace.
I get the impression he was a broken man waiting for 'justice' to find him. That's un-palatable to non Irish Republicans but that's what Dennis Donaldson himself had sworn allegiance to and Donegal neighbours in the wider Glenties area stated they knew he was up there, so his whereabouts would have been known to most IRA, former IRA.
Your normal, 2 faced informer, runs from his betrayed comrades yelping for their imperialist masters to shelter them before they're housed in some caravan along the North Sea with a new identity.
Dennis Donaldson didn't exhibit this pathetic survivalist instinct.
He's a tragic figure for me.
Collins also in South Armagh.
I think both should have been spared and let live with their torment.

Seanie Lemass

Anyone who was involved at top level was involved in people being killed; as true for Blair as it was for GA.

This is the life they chose. Have far more respect for Adams than Blair in that respect. Adams was participant. Blair ordered multiple deaths from behind a desk surrounded by armed body guards.

Northsideman

The Irish Independent is accusing Gerry Adams of being involved in murder.

What a surprise.
Surely the surprise is that Mr. Adams is not suing their arse for such an outrageous slanger?

Truth.ie

Donaldson thought he was safe in the Glenties after being given assurances by the Provos.
In fact the cottage he stayed in was owned by Declan Kearney, the current SF chairman.
The local IRA however were not party to any assurance, nor were they loyal to Adams.
This story is B.S.

RasherHash

Have you got a link? I would be very surprised if the BBC were accusing Gerry Adams of involvement in murder.
The BBC are liars, ask them about the paedo gang they worked with for 40 years but 'no one knew'.

Marcos the black

So a person who was never in the IRA, never sat on the army council, never knew anything about his brothers "domestic situation", never moved rapists from one area to another and who lives on the average industrial wage has been accused of doing something wrong.

Ah stop. I'm shocked.

theloner

'The BBC spoke to a man who claims to be a former IRA member who was recruited as an agent by RUC Special Branch, identified only as ‘Martin’.'

A 'former IRA man' called 'Martin'... :shock:

It's all falling apart lads! :D

Gin Soaked

SF's base either know and don't care or know and consider it necessary in the struggle.

I might think SF are Mafiosa hoods but that is irrelevant in moving needle of support against them.

Meeja and other parties need to take note.

Gin Soaked

He betrayed the Provo War Machine, not "his country".

That's why a Provo death squad murdered him.

The Provos are not Ireland.

And yes, that is a lot of whataboutery. You sound worried about this accusation.
Worst case here is that it gets traction and Gerry resigns. That will benefit SF in the south.

And Gerry is immune from all prosecutions....

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
I'll just do some whateboutery before people get carried away with the grovelling, sanctimonious crap to the altar of imperialism.

Alot of Ireland worships the luminaries of the US Democratic Party.
Hillary had a pretty grotesque orgasm when she heard how Colonel Ghadaffi was killed.
Obama boasts about how many he's had taken out with drones.

In our country, Lemass, our former Taoiseach, shot people in the head.
Frank Aitken, our former very esteemed minister of foreign affairs, ordered a sectarian massacre on isolated Irish Protestants.
Corry, our former minister of defense, ordered many collaborators killed and had informers buried in unmarked graves.
Dillon, the founder of our respected Garda, ordered a Monaghan Protestant woman be executed for writing letters to the RIC.
Free State zealots tied 9 Kerry men to a landmine, exploded it and killed 8 of them.
There's a large GAA club in Tralee called after a Garda killer.
Jack Lynch let Haughey/Blaney/Boland send guns North.

In Ireland all these bloody deaths were predicated on the Imperialist occupation of our country. So the Brits are primarily responsible.

Donaldson spend his last weeks up the mountain in Donegal a broken hearted man ashamed of his betrayal of his country. He was waiting to die. Another victim of Brit Imperialism in Ireland and I hope he's now at peace.
What a amazingly hard-necked attempt at derailing the threat!

I'm almost lost in admiration at the sheer chuzpah.

Toland

Website
It's worth remembering that if Donaldson and people like him hadn't been playing the hugely dangerous role they played, the IRA would probably still be killing for more than just "housekeeping" purposes.

And dismissing this murder as "housekeeping" is an insult to the brave men and women who infiltrated the IRA in order to help degrade its capacity to murder, very many of whom, like Donaldson, paid with their lives.

Toland

Website
Worst case here is that it gets traction and Gerry resigns. That will benefit SF in the south.

And Gerry is immune from all prosecutions....
Not officially he's not. But no, you're probably right, this murder is probably not going to result in prosecutions: the two main actors, Slab and Gerry, are apparently too important for the peace process to be done for this.

Toland

Website
Not very reliable then! We all know their kind
On the other hand, the story he has to tell is very credible. Given the apparent unwillingness to investigate the case, we'll probably never find out if he's telling the truth.

I hope he doesn't meet with any of Slab's people in any of the many isolated cottages dotted around the country.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom