• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Gerry O'Carroll, media whore.

cricket

The former Kerry babies detective popped up on a BBC NI programme about drug dealing and the dissidents last night. With his usual grave delivery, he assured us all that we were on the eve of destruction, such is the threat posed by the major players in the drugs/dissidents scene.
He " writes " a column in the Evening Herald weekly and is wheeled out by Joe Duffy every now and then to scare the bejaysus out of the country. I believe he has also written a bio in which he modestly claims to have saved Ireland if not the world. In other words, he's a pain in the posterior.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Saw some of it, had to turn over. He seemed to suffer from that stilted delivery of nonsense in sombre tones that I thought the Gardai had left behind with Garda Patrol.

Levellers

A vacuous windbag with not an ounce of intelligence. Still fighting a war that ended years ago.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Is there are reasonably intelligent peron who can discuss crime in Ireland? There's that other guy who writes books about what the Penguin did to the Monk using the Viper and the Snowman or some such utter utter crap.

Eoin Coir

Surely he is still the Kerry Babies detective?
How come with DNA techniques it has never been proven conclusively that baby found at Slea Head was not Joanne Hayes. I seem to recall Caroll on radio one time say that if it were so proven he would accept it. Or has the sample been lost somewhere ?

ShoutingIsLeadership

How come with DNA techniques it has never been proven conclusively that baby found at Slea Head was not Joanne Hayes. I seem to recall Caroll on radio one time say that if it were so proven he would accept it. Or has the sample been lost somewhere ?
Should I have my lawyer present? :)

Wigmore

He has so many answers that I am at a loss to understand how there was any crime atall atall in Ireland before he hung up his handcuffs.

dizillusioned

Saw that last night, it is funny that we all had the same impression. Are we that cynical? or is it that we just know when BS is being spouted?

leftsoc

I think he is the genius who 'solved' the Kerry Baby case by postulating a third baby out of thin air?
What is Joe duffy doing giving a platform to this epitomy of our Banana Republic.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Slea Head?

I think it was Cahersiveen, the White Strand. The theory was that the body was thrown into the sea in Kerryhead afair.

Not sure if it would have any effect on DNA, presume any soft tissue samples have long since decomposed (wasn't that the problem with the blood tests to begin with) and the body itself has been long since buried and no real desire to dig it up and reopen the matter.

Roman Emperor

I'm open to correction here,but I think John Harbison's view was that the Cahirciveen baby wasn't Joanne Hayes'. Of course the Garda then employed a different pathologist in order to discredit Mr Harbisons evidence.

Mr Carroll persists with this absurd notion that Miss Hayes had twins fathered by two different men because otherwise he would be conceding that the entire Hayes family was "pressurised" into admitting to something that couldn't possibly have happened.

I am surprised that Carroll is taken seriously by anyone. The kind of rubbish he spouts is ok in a tabloid paper but I would expect better from RTE.

edifice.

I'm open to correction here,but I think John Harbison's view was that the Cahirciveen baby wasn't Joanne Hayes'. Of course the Garda then employed a different pathologist in order to discredit Mr Harbisons evidence.

Mr Carroll persists with this absurd notion that Miss Hayes had twins fathered by two different men because otherwise he would be conceding that the entire Hayes family was "pressurised" into admitting to something that couldn't possibly have happened.

I am surprised that Carroll is taken seriously by anyone. The kind of rubbish he spouts is ok in a tabloid paper but I would expect better from RTE.
Really?

Fullforward

The former Kerry babies detective popped up on a BBC NI programme about drug dealing and the dissidents last night. With his usual grave delivery, he assured us all that we were on the eve of destruction, such is the threat posed by the major players in the drugs/dissidents scene.
He " writes " a column in the Evening Herald weekly and is wheeled out by Joe Duffy every now and then to scare the bejaysus out of the country. I believe he has also written a bio in which he modestly claims to have saved Ireland if not the world. In other words, he's a pain in the posterior.

Back when he was in the "Force" they used to trot out all that old rubbish about how the World was going to end tomorrow as an excuse to justify their MASSIVE overtime.

Fullforward

There should be a puke, vomit, diarrhea smilie here[FONT=arial, sans-serif].
[/FONT]Harris, O'Carroll, Gregg - a bunch of ************************ers of the highest order.
Hope Sinn Féin are in power here before they all go senile.
They would feck off to Mother England if the Shinners got a sniff of power.

Seanie Lemass

That is the most puke-inducing thing that I've read in years!

Harris, Gregg and O'Carroll! Part of the unholy alliance of Stalinists and Blueshirt thugs who thought they ran the country for 30 years.

Who's laughing now Eoghanie ;)