Gerry Ryan's daughter to get RTE tv show.

YesSireeeBob

Ryan's daughter to follow in dad's footsteps with TV slot - Celebrity News & Gossip, Independent Woman - Independent.ie

maybe she'll be great but is smacks of nepotism.

rte is becoming like the dail, sons and daughters following in their fathers footsteps.

The Sunday Independent can exclusively reveal that Lottie Ryan, 24, has done a deal with RTE bosses that is set to make her one of the station's biggest names.

The Ryan family was celebrating this weekend after the bright young star learned that she would be given a slot on the afternoon schedules. Sources close to the Ryan family revealed that they were "over the moon" at Lottie's appointment to the national airwaves.

pujols

Yes, how many talented young people never get near a shot at RTE because of stuff like this. I would love to know how they can defend this tendency.

Of course, if it were a completely private organisation not taking public funds, I could care less.

johnfás

Last time Gerry Ryan was on the Late Late Show with Tubridy his daughter was in the audience and he was introducing her as a future RTÉ presenter.

eoghanacht

Typical RTE nepotism. Symptomatic of how rife it is in Irish society. In saying that i wish the young lady luck in her endeavour

Last edited:

stripey cat

Diversity and Equal Opportunities RTE Diversity

As an employer, we recognise that encouragement of diversity and provision of equality of opportunity are essential to the efficiency and effectiveness of our work and to good relations among staff. We recognise that our workforce should reflect the diversity of our society.

johnfás

Yes, how many talented young people never get near a shot at RTE because of stuff like this. I would love to know how they can defend this tendency.

Of course, if it were a completely private organisation not taking public funds, I could care less.
I wonder how Tubridy got his gig on RTÉ reviewing books for Ruth Buchanan when he was 12.

Last edited:

slx

Well its always been said that nepotism is spelt with an R•T•E

Green eyed monster

And she will be on half a million a year within a few years, free money for the 'royalty' within RTE.

I thought her father had limited talent, i think most of them are pretty damned ordinary - and now we know how such people rise to the top.

All wages for people doing these kinds of entertainment state-funded jobs should be capped at 100K and proper selection procedures put in place which are independent from the crowd at RTE to prevent nepotism and hiring people as a 'favor' to a friend or relative. Do these people believe they are some kind of royalty or something and with special entitlements?

Twin Towers

And she will be on half a million a year within a few years, free money for the 'royalty' within RTE.

All wages for people doing these kinds of entertainment state-funded jobs should be capped at 100K
Actually the 100k wage cap should be extended to everyone paid from the public purse right up to the president. Now what party would put that in a manifesto?

Abaddon

I'll reserve judgement on this until I've heard this girl in action. It maybe unfair to say but it does seem like the only reason she got this gig is because of her father. We'll wait and see.....

stripey cat

I'll reserve judgement on this until I've heard this girl in action. It maybe unfair to say but it does seem like the only reason she got this gig is because of her father. We'll wait and see.....
Could it be a coincidence?

What are the chances eh?

Abaddon

Could it be a coincidence?

What are the chances eh?
I know a lot of people out there didn't like her fathers shows very much but the man had a talent for what he did. His show would never have lasted as long as it did if he hadn't.

Maybe he passed a bit of that talent on to Lottie. Time will tell.

Riadach

This is a flaw in Irish society as a whole. Nepotism and croneyism are rife, and it may not be simply due to the fact we are a small country. I think a campaign should be set up to ensure that public appointments, be they in RTE or the HSE, would be investigated to ensure that croneyism is not a factor, and the person employed is done so on merit, and not on connections.

How hard could it be?

Odyessus

I wonder how Tubridy got his gig on RTÉ reviewing books for Ruth Buchanan when he was 12.

Or Johnathan Philbin Bowman when he was even younger. Probably just a coincidence that his father worked at RTE. ;)

revolution

I find it gas that she's called Lottie publicly. I couldnt take her seriously presenting the news.
jaysus leave her alone,fair play if she gets a gig to present a show
she wouldn't get another 1 if she wasn't up to it

whats wrong with lottie you snob

would you not listen to the news or take it seriously if she was presenting it?
very very childish goban(great name by the way)

Riadach

I know a lot of people out there didn't like her fathers shows very much but the man had a talent for what he did. His show would never have lasted as long as it did if he hadn't.

Maybe he passed a bit of that talent on to Lottie. Time will tell.
Surely you find out these things before you appoint them, not afterwards. Personally, I'm not in favour of any employment policy that is based on genetics. As the old Irish put it febtha le flath, the best should be prince.

Abaddon

If there's irony here deeper than I can comprehend (I'm looking at your signature) forgive me, but are you serious?
Yep. What's worse is I can back it up.:(

revolution

This is a flaw in Irish society as a whole. Nepotism and croneyism are rife, and it may not be simply due to the fact we are a small country. I think a campaign should be set up to ensure that public appointments, be they in RTE or the HSE, would be investigated to ensure that croneyism is not a factor, and the person employed is done so on merit, and not on connections.

How hard could it be?
how do you know it wasn't on merit?
maybe she followed in her fathers footsteps from an early age and had help from one of the greatest broadcasters of a generation-her father
tricks of the trade and all that

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies