Gerry's Regrets, Cease Fires And Almost Stopping The Iraq War

between the bridges

Djarrydango's long long goodbye continues, in fact I'm sure it's safe to say he'll be along time riding off into the sunset, unless he needs some dental work.

anywho...

Gerry Adams has said he regrets that it took until 1994 for the first IRA ceasefire.

Indeed, however he goes on to take a thinly disguised swipe at those in the movement who weren't as quick to see the value of the average industry expense account...

“I regret that it took so long and that those who would condemn, denounce, use moral denunciations as a subterfuge for just not talking, therefore it took almost from 1976/77 to 1994 before there was the first cessation.''

So all along dear leader was a dove of love, who knew eh? And just to reinforce that he almost stopped the Iraq war...

He also said that while he admired Mr Blair for helping to bring about the Good Friday Agreement he believed the former prime minister had done “dreadful” things in Iraq and that he and the late Martin McGuinness had warned him against going to war.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/gerry-adams-regrets-first-ira-ceasefire-took-until-1994-to-happen-36585859.html

As for history and nua narratives...

Outgoing Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams has insisted he does not care how history will judge him.

Aye right!

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/gerry-adams-i-don-t-care-how-history-will-judge-me-1-8372732

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/suzanne-breen-gerry-adams-sold-defeat-as-victory-in-a-career-based-on-illusion-hes-no-nearer-to-achieving-a-united-ireland-than-he-was-at-the-start-of-his-journey-36584301.html

So tis neither the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning but the beginning of the ends beginning...

RasherHash

You're right, we need a really great statue to Gerry. Out with the old, bring in the new :)

Although Gerry's statue should be in gold, cause he's worth his weight in it...

blinding

In fairness Blair was a bigger war criminal than Gerry and nobody asks Blair if he was in the RA.........

RasherHash

In fairness Blair was a bigger war criminal than Gerry and nobody asks Blair if he was in the RA.........
And the low-life shyster HR Clinton :evil:

Outlaw103

Djarrydango's long long goodbye continues, in fact I'm sure it's safe to say he'll be along time riding off into the sunset, unless he needs some dental work.

anywho...

Gerry Adams has said he regrets that it took until 1994 for the first IRA ceasefire.

Indeed, however he goes on to take a thinly disguised swipe at those in the movement who weren't as quick to see the value of the average industry expense account...

“I regret that it took so long and that those who would condemn, denounce, use moral denunciations as a subterfuge for just not talking, therefore it took almost from 1976/77 to 1994 before there was the first cessation.''

So all along dear leader was a dove of love, who knew eh? And just to reinforce that he almost stopped the Iraq war...

He also said that while he admired Mr Blair for helping to bring about the Good Friday Agreement he believed the former prime minister had done “dreadful” things in Iraq and that he and the late Martin McGuinness had warned him against going to war.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/gerry-adams-regrets-first-ira-ceasefire-took-until-1994-to-happen-36585859.html

As for history and nua narratives...

Outgoing Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams has insisted he does not care how history will judge him.

Aye right!

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/gerry-adams-i-don-t-care-how-history-will-judge-me-1-8372732

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/suzanne-breen-gerry-adams-sold-defeat-as-victory-in-a-career-based-on-illusion-hes-no-nearer-to-achieving-a-united-ireland-than-he-was-at-the-start-of-his-journey-36584301.html

So tis neither the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning but the beginning of the ends beginning...

Its quiet the claim that it was Sinn Fein and the IRA who wanted peace all along.

When you look at the sides of the conflict its hard to support that claim.

One group decommissioned, disbanded and focused on solely political means to achieve their objectives.

The other group upped sticks and went and engaged in a 16 year conflict in the middle east that has cost millions of lives, displaced millions more and destabalised western democracy and society. They also spend the vast majority of their time selling huge quantities of weapons to any despot with deep pockets. JOBS!

Its clear which of the two sides has a greater propensity towards peace. That's right, the second group.

former wesleyan

Its quiet the claim that it was Sinn Fein and the IRA who wanted peace all along.

When you look at the sides of the conflict its hard to support that claim.

One group decommissioned, disbanded and focused on solely political means to achieve their objectives.

The other group upped sticks and went and engaged in a 16 year conflict in the middle east that has cost millions of lives, displaced millions more and destabalised western democracy and society. They also spend the vast majority of their time selling huge quantities of weapons to any despot with deep pockets. JOBS!

Its clear which of the two sides has a greater propensity towards peace. That's right, the second group.
What was it that first attracted you to the butcher Saddam ?

between the bridges

gerhard dengler

Adams behaviour, as much as his statements, is paradoxical.

I'll credit him for example attending the funeral of David Ervine. I thought that that gesture was one of great magnanimity.

Outlaw103

Jaysus, Jarry tis thon yerself?
Jobs my man, I'd stop selling me arse if so many wouldn't lose jobs over it. Plus its complicated with loads of grey areas, I think it might just be hair so I'll try shaving it off. If that doesn't work I'll figure something out.

between the bridges

Jobs my man, I'd stop selling me arse if so many wouldn't lose jobs over it. Plus its complicated with loads of grey areas, I think it might just be hair so I'll try shaving it off.
Welcome to p.ie Ted...

between the bridges

That's Mister Heath to you.

Sorry, got a call coming in from the house of Saud. We need to talk about how much we like peace.

I hate making loadsa money off violence. It goes against everything I stand for.
Wrong Ted, horse...

Simply

He's not wrong ,the self styled respectables have a lot to answer for.Cahal Daly for example.

Outlaw103

Wrong Ted, horse...

No its me.... I'm meeting with reps from the house of Saud. We're talking about how much we love peace. I hate violence, my track record speaks for itself.

I brought the misus with me. She's a bit of a hippy. One of those conscientious objector types.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies