• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

get fake shop fronts up minnions dont shame us

off with their heads

Well now just as things couldn't get any more bizarre the worlds warmongers have insisted that fake shopfronts be installed in closed units in Fermanagh and Cavan whos being shamed i wonder them or us:confused:

Fake shops used to make towns neater for G8 - RTÉ News

Not satisfied with the biggest militarisation of this region since the tan war and the trampling of peoples civil rights they don't want the worlds media to see the economic damage their policies have caused what cynical b@stards:mad:

johnfás

Should be a bye law for this everywhere. Dead frontage is always an eye sore and devalues a neighbourhood.

Half Nelson

Well now just as things couldn't get any more bizarre the worlds warmongers have insisted that fake shopfronts be installed in closed units in Fermanagh and Cavan whos being shamed i wonder them or us:confused:

Not satisfied with the biggest militarisation of this region since the tan war and the trampling of peoples civil rights they don't want the worlds media to see the economic damage their policies have caused what cynical b@stards:mad:
Yes.. it would be so much more productive to present your town as a sh1thole before the world's media.

Old Irish

I don't believe you! Arrrrgh :mad:

Shqiptar

Note to the OP:

There's no mention of Cavan in that article.

Roisin3

London did something similar with the Olympics but didn't go as far as fake shop fronts. Apart from no road works and all scaffolding taken down, hoarding was painted green and, in some cases, fake hedges, bushes and even trees on it.

eoghanacht

Should be a bye law for this everywhere. Dead frontage is always an eye sore and devalues a neighbourhood.
Agreed our local Dunnes stores has started to do that in their shopping centre.

Yes.. it would be so much more productive to present your town as a sh1thole before the world's media.

Surely the point is that it should be practice and not just so the Captains of the worlds Capitalists won't be offended.

Ren84

I recommend they start by boarding up the Enniskillen Orange lodge......... With BtB still inside. :)

Eire1976

I recommend they start by boarding up the Enniskillen Orange lodge......... With BtB still inside. :)
An Orange lodge in Fermanagh, they are getting a bit cheeky. Thought the boys had scared all them Jaffa's to the east banks of loch Neagh

Half Nelson

Surely the point is that it should be practice and not just so the Captains of the worlds Capitalists won't be offended.
The Capitalists couldn't care less about the shop fronts. Many will never even lay eyes on them as they whizz in an out by helicopter.

This is simply the local council making the most of a marketing opportunity.

Hogsback

lol, is Catherine II coming to , to complete the charade
A little Potemkin village in a failed little Potemkin state.
And they will be there to discuss how to scale this approach up the a global level.

moralhazard77

Pathetic stuff altogether.
It's like something they would do in N.Korea.

NYCKY

Fair play to the organizers for covering up the eyesores. There will be thousands of journalists, government officials, security personnel and various others around for a few days. It's always best to put up the best appearance you can.

To the moaners on here, what do you when visitors/family/friends come to your house? Do you clean up a bit? Do you put out the good stuff? Do you take them out and show them a good time?

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
Fair play to the organizers for covering up the eyesores. There will be thousands of journalists, government officials, security personnel and various others around for a few days. It's always best to put up the best appearance you can.

To the moaners on here, what do you when visitors/family/friends come to your house? Do you clean up a bit? Do you put out the good stuff? Do you take them out and show them a good time?
The very first thing I do, is politely say, "Welcome, welcome....how long are ye here for?"

Orbit v2

Fake shop-fronts is going too far. Not that it will be a topic of G8 dinner conversation. But, presenting the place as a "theme park" to the world's media could back-fire, especially if there isn't much else to report on at the time.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
It also hides the truth of the decimated businesses etc. People live in those areas. Hiding the truth from foreign cameras is denying the truth of austerity.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies