• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Get the Banners out, UNPAID Parental Leave Extended from 14 wks to 18wks woohoo NOT

PUFF DADDY

Parental leave extended from 14 weeks to 18 weeks · TheJournal.ie

So Shatter as per EU Council Directive is now extending the UNPAID parental leave from 14 weeks to 18 weeks for kids up to aged 8...woohoo :roll:

I have three kids aged 8, 6, 4, I work fulltime & him indoors is in on/off construction since 2009, that aside, we "managed" to finance our way to take 2 weeks of unpaid parental leave during the summer of 2007 - woohoo :)

This directive is of ZERO benefit to our family as there is no way, we can afford to take any more of the now 52 weeks entitlement we now have <tuts>. Grant it for some, now that it is entitled to "De Men" is good, but it still goes back to affordability.

Another thing about it is "Under the regulations, parents returning from back to work from parental leave will also be allowed to request a change in their working hours or pattern. Although employers must consider such a request, they are not required to grant it." I can't see any struggling or not so struggling employers buying into this :(

Thoughts ? And eh, none of that "well if you can't afford kids don't have them kinda bolliccckology :)

'orebel

carlovian

I got 3 days paid leave when carlovian jnr was born.

I genuinely thought I'd et about 3 weeks.

3 miserable days, I'd get more off with a cold.

PUFF DADDY

What do you want ? paid leave?
a bit of flexibility and consideration on what it is like for working parents would not go a miss, but hey get back to your xbox and jog on, I am not looking for "paid leave", some compensation, yes or flexible term time if you like instead of paying fat fees to creches :( .

€1100 childcare a mth for two of three sch going kids 3 days a week, with folks doing the other days ,if him indoors is working, could be brought down for a start, but

PUFF DADDY

:roll: :roll: :roll: Yeh this once upon a time mid income family should have realised that in the "future" we could or should not have had kids, cause we cannot afford them now <sigh>

Morgellons

Parental leave extended from 14 weeks to 18 weeks · TheJournal.ie

So Shatter as per EU Council Directive is now extending the UNPAID parental leave from 14 weeks to 18 weeks for kids up to aged 8...woohoo :roll:

I have three kids aged 8, 6, 4, I work fulltime & him indoors is in on/off construction since 2009, that aside, we "managed" to finance our way to take 2 weeks of unpaid parental leave during the summer of 2007 - woohoo :)

This directive is of ZERO benefit to our family as there is no way, we can afford to take any more of the now 52 weeks entitlement we now have <tuts>. Grant it for some, now that it is entitled to "De Men" is good, but it still goes back to affordability.

Another thing about it is "Under the regulations, parents returning from back to work from parental leave will also be allowed to request a change in their working hours or pattern. Although employers must consider such a request, they are not required to grant it." I can't see any struggling or not so struggling employers buying into this :(

Thoughts ? And eh, none of that "well if you can't afford kids don't have them kinda bolliccckology :)
Give up work and live off benefits. That way you can have lots of quality time with your kids. Go a step further and home school. It'll be great.

ManUnited

a bit of flexibility and consideration on what it is like for working parents would not go a miss, but hey get back to your xbox and jog on, I am not looking for "paid leave", some compensation, yes or flexible term time if you like instead of paying fat fees to creches :( .

€1100 childcare a mth for two of three sch going kids 3 days a week, with folks doing the other days ,if him indoors is working, could be brought down for a start, but
What do you want now, back to the xbox or go jogging?

PUFF DADDY

Give up work and live off benefits. That way you can have lots of quality time with your kids. Go a step further and home school. It'll be great.
:) Who'd pay the mortgage etc.. not brought up that way..to me that would be a nightmare ;)

SirTallaghtban

That is what your child benefit payments are for. Compensation?:lol:

'orebel

:roll: :roll: :roll: Yeh this once upon a time mid income family should have realised that in the "future" we could or should not have had kids, cause we cannot afford them now <sigh>
Oh ffs, is the irony/sarcasm/sense of humour detector still out of action? Get this sorted redfly.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies