Getting paid to break the law??

McSlaggart

"The council's Bonfire and Cultural Expression programme restricts the time material can be collected, says no hazardous materials or tyres can be burned or any election material, flags or emblems which could cause offence or be classed as a hate crime and that the pyres can have no paramilitary trappings.

It also says the bonfire should be build in clear open spaces where it is safe and comply with health and safety, events management guides and meet relevant legislation and insurance requirements.

The council says the programme should support creative forms of expression, provide training and support and encourage safe forms of cultural expression.

In return groups are awarded an initial £1,250 and if they comply with the requirements, they receive another award of £500."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/belfast-council-bonfire-management-eroding-british-culture-councillor-fears-this-year-could-be-worse-than-last-36869378.html

I would like to burn a lot of waste material this year. The council will charge me to remove it so may I burn it on a bonfire on the 12 july and get my friends round for a drink or four?

michael-mcivor

Can’t see to many bonfire groups wanting council money now- more ordinary Unionists see the ‘ System ‘ as their enemy now for trying to restrict them from burning their own homes-

Notice a Unionist bonfire was lit yesterday in Belfast- are they starting to build them up earlier this year-

McSlaggart

Can’t see to many bonfire groups wanting council money now- more ordinary Unionists see the ‘ System ‘ as their enemy now for trying to restrict them from burning their own homes-
Is this legal?????????

[video=youtube;SXB9PpuU8BU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXB9PpuU8BU[/video]

Niall996

Is this legal?????????

[video=youtube;SXB9PpuU8BU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXB9PpuU8BU[/video]
Their like the toothless moronic peasant villagers from an episode of Game of Thrones.

Mickeymac

This all make the PSNI look totally incompetent.

Makes a mockery of law and order, efforts towards a peaceful society and a complete disregard for justice and equality in such a deeply divided society, shame on the British government.......AGAIN.

Niall996

Makes a mockery of law and order, efforts towards a peaceful society and a complete disregard for justice and equality in such a deeply divided society, shame on the British government.......AGAIN.
Seriously, there is an argument to let them at it. They look like such a pack of feral mindless goons it's a PR catastrophe every time the world sees it.

belfast1981

Notice a Unionist bonfire was lit yesterday in Belfast- are they starting to build them up earlier this year-
You spelt Loyalist wrong.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Should probably send them a load of fireworks as a gesture. It would end up meaning a few less unionist votes in future.

derryman

"The council's Bonfire and Cultural Expression programme restricts the time material can be collected, says no hazardous materials or tyres can be burned or any election material, flags or emblems which could cause offence or be classed as a hate crime and that the pyres can have no paramilitary trappings.

It also says the bonfire should be build in clear open spaces where it is safe and comply with health and safety, events management guides and meet relevant legislation and insurance requirements.

The council says the programme should support creative forms of expression, provide training and support and encourage safe forms of cultural expression.

In return groups are awarded an initial £1,250 and if they comply with the requirements, they receive another award of £500."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/belfast-council-bonfire-management-eroding-british-culture-councillor-fears-this-year-could-be-worse-than-last-36869378.html

I would like to burn a lot of waste material this year. The council will charge me to remove it so may I burn it on a bonfire on the 12 july and get my friends round for a drink or four?

Apparently these by laws "erode British culture".

It is cringeworthy or is British culture about having no respect, especially for yourself.

theloner

Jimbo claims, "My fear is there will be more bonfires causing problems this year than last".

More racist banners i.e. Scott Sinclair loves bananas?
More houses being burnt down?
More theft of nationalist and unionist property?
More assaults?
More anti-social behaviour?
More houses in unionist areas being boarded up?
More troublesome outsiders welcomed into residential areas?
More sectarianism?
More swal and drugs?
More lawbreaking?
More pissing into gardens?
More Polish flags?
More tyres?

What exactly does Jimbo mean?

theloner

TBF at least it's an admission the cultural, er, fires cause 'problems'. Kudos all round today.

GDPR

Apparently these by laws "erode British culture".

It is cringeworthy or is British culture about having no respect, especially for yourself.
I don't think that savage Prods are very British at all, when I lived in England my best friend was an Iraqi Muslima and in general I got on better with (Shia in particular) Muslims than I did with people from the indigenous middle class. That said I do really love the English in general- however a lot of savage Prods don't.

theloner

Get Jolene Bunting in to sort it all out.

GDPR

Get Jolene Bunting in to sort it all out.
I suspect that she wouldn't be at all fond of the English outside of the type of alcoholic fantasist you get in working class pubs over there with all sorts of tall tales of their supposed careers in the military.

Mickeymac

Seriously, there is an argument to let them at it. They look like such a pack of feral mindless goons it's a PR catastrophe every time the world sees it.

Absolutely 100% Niall, they make for good popcorn time.:lol:

theloner

Her mate Jayden Fransen has relocated to Donaghadee. Isn’t that lovely.

GDPR

Her mate Jayden Fransen has relocated to Donaghadee. Isn’t that lovely.
Are you serious? She is a Catholic. People such as Craigmore and "between the bridges" hate Muslims, one of my close friends was actually spat on the face for wearing a hijab in East Belfast, but they hate Catholics more.

This Christmas past my nephew asked my mum and sisters in law, who he adores and who adore him, why they wont visit him, his ma and his sister in Belfast- my mum in law replied "ask your mother".

Last edited:

New Threads

Most Replies