• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Gildernew the failed Minister

TrueBlue84

idle tim

Funny thing is she was interviewed on the grants issue on a NI news programme and was backed to the hilt by junior Paisley."Strange days indeed most peculier momma".

TrueBlue84

Funny thing is she was interviewed on the grants issue on a NI news programme and was backed to the hilt by junior Paisley."Strange days indeed most peculier momma".
I loved the "nobody is really to blame" comments.

60-100 million fine and nobody is to blame?

She as Minister could be to blame, her senior civil servants could be to blame or the farmers could be to blame.

Fines dont appear out of thin air for doing things by the book.

It is more or less fraud and any benefit claimant caught out like this would be hauled through the courts

idle tim

I loved the "nobody is really to blame" comments.

60-100 million fine and nobody is to blame?

She as Minister could be to blame, her senior civil servants could be to blame or the farmers could be to blame.

Fines dont appear out of thin air for doing things by the book.

It is more or less fraud and any benefit claimant caught out like this would be hauled through the courts
Agree with you 100% TrueBlue.

Domhnall

Judging by your thread title it looks like you've acted as judge & jury on that one. Presumably, you know all the facts on the matter thus enabling you to make an impartial judgement.

You go girl!

TrueBlue84

Judging by your thread title it looks like you've acted as judge & jury on that one. Presumably, you know all the facts on the matter thus enabling you to make an impartial judgement.

You go girl!
3 epic failures and no action? Who is the Minister of that Department?

Mind you, "nobodies to blame".

factual

From what I read the farming community in the six counties (not to mention officials in her department) thnk highly of her. And rightly so. As they are the people mos closely affected by her I suspect that she has in fact handled the many crises that afflict the farming community with considerable ability.

TrueBlue84

From what I read the farming community in the six counties (not to mention officials in her department) thnk highly of her. And rightly so. As they are the people mos closely affected by her I suspect that she has in fact handled the many crises that afflict the farming community with considerable ability.
Yes, letting them fiddle their returns for years without comeback would make her quite popular I guess.

edit* dont worry the working populance shall pick up the tab for their fraudulent claims too

Blanchinner

She works hard for ALL the farming community, and this gets up the (Blue) noses of the likes of "The impartial Mr,. True blue from loyalist Tyrone. Oh and b4 there's a canary, the "Blue nose is just a JOKE , ok !!!

TrueBlue84

She works hard for ALL the farming community, and this gets up the (Blue) noses of the likes of "The impartial Mr,. True blue from loyalist Tyrone. Oh and b4 there's a canary, the "Blue nose is just a JOKE , ok !!!
Allegedy works for all the community. I know protestant farmers that know differently. However shall refrain from posting allegations without proof

TrueBlue84

Awk where are my manners £100million fine divided by 600,000 is only £167 pounds each, for every worker in the country. Bargain!

Blanchinner

Awk where are my manners £100million fine divided by 600,000 is only £167 pounds each, for every worker in the country. Bargain!
Holy Mary, mother of god, ! a loyal subject of an english queen criticises a Sinn fein Minister....... surprise surprise, :p

TrueBlue84

Holy Mary, mother of god, ! a loyal subject of an english queen criticises a Sinn fein Minister....... surprise surprise, :p
I trust your cheque is in the post to DARD as we speak such if your support for the Failed Minister

TrueBlue84

And don't worry I have noticed how you have failed to address the issue and danced around it ;)

TrueBlue84

No , seriously I'm worried , worried sick, honestly !!!
G'wan, engage in debate. Tell me how it was a great idea to have loads of farmers camping out on a first come first served basis for a grant was a great idea.

Tell me how us getting fined up to £100million and counting is a good thing for Northern Ireland or how a rare animal is on the verge of extinction again through the Failed Minister's inaction.

Please do go on.

Records speak louder than false comments of "nobodies to blame".

tullahogue

True Blue, you seem to know little or nothing about the issue to which you refer and are merely guided by your hatred of all things Sinn Fein (or possibly nationalist). Michelle Gildernew is one of the most capable Ministers on the Executive and is widely thought to be so, as witnessed by the replies to this thread so far.

You are bandying figures like £100 million about can you explain what you think you are talking about?

Grumpy Jack

The £100m fines relate mostly to a time before the executive and Gildernew took office and things were changed by her. Is she responsible for the mistakes of civil servants and direct rule ministers made before she took office?

On the Strangford Mussels, she has a case to answer but it's a joint responsibility between Agriculture and Environment. Are you also calling for the resignations of Edwin Poots and Sammy Wilson, for they are the ministers responsible over the last three years?

And on the grants payment, the 'first come, first served' system was the one suggested by civil servants and approved by the minister and the executive so I would suggest she's in the clear there too.

So, one out of three ain't bad - but at least she can be joined on the backbenches by Pootsie and Sammy.

tullahogue

The ;first come first served basis' for the Farm modernisation grant was the preferred option of the Ulster Farmers Union as they thought is was the only way to distribute limited funds, this is evidenced by the UFU continued support for the approach after the queues materialised.

The dissallowance (fines) from Europe (£60 million not 100 are more complicated but it is the view of the UFU, the Agriculture Committee (with a DUP chair and many unionist members) the three MEPs and the Department that these fines are grossly over the top given the mistakes made, mostly innocently by farmers. The case on this may be taken to European Court of Justice. Scotland has just recieved notification that their initial fines will be £180 million.

I could go on.

h

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies