Gillian Toole: The F***ing Bitch And The N****r In The Woodpile

Dame_Enda

Not the first time FG have used the N word.

Last edited:

artfoley56

Dont worry, Leo will hire another silk to look into it.

enuffisenuff

so whats she really like then?

Lagertha

I love his insistence that he has always had the utmost respect for her. Nothing says respect for a woman more than referring to her as a ''fooking bi*ch''. The N word is what did it though. I don't know what she's like, maybe she is what he said she is.

brigg

I have never in my life heard that expression actually used by anyone in everyday speech. I'm 37.
I only became aware of it recently thanks to the uproar in the British media from a politician or football commentator saying it.
Politicians seem quite fond of saying it for whatever reason.

truthisfree

I have never in my life heard that expression actually used by anyone in everyday speech. I'm 37.
I only became aware of it recently thanks to the uproar in the British media from a politician or football commentator saying it.
Politicians seem quite fond of saying it for whatever reason.
I'm older than you and I have heard the expression, rarely used nowadays because of the N word. Skeletons in the cupboard is the usual phrase used instead. Been a long long time since I heard it used so no surprise you have not.

shoneen

Never heard the expression used but certainly "catch a nigger by the toe" was commonly used in a nursery rhyme in the 70s.

fat finger

Never heard the expression used but certainly "catch a nigger by the toe" was commonly used in a nursery rhyme in the 70s.
Indeed it was.
But as a statement of respect.
Stemming from the days when white people still qualified for competitive races.
The message was, as the black runner leaves you for dust, the only way to win is grab his ankle, take him down and hope nobody notices.
It wasn't about being nasty to black people,
It was only about without playing dirty, no whitey stood a chance.
And that remains true today

enuffisenuff

She’s a very nice person who does a lot of work in the community. Doherty got rid of her as she feels threatened by her.
fair enough..

Lagertha

Using the N word is unacceptable nowadays but the insistance that some people have of removing it from history seems bizarre to me. They wanted to white wash history, they want the word removed from literature they want to pull down anything that is connected to the slave trade era. They don't seem to stop to think that all of those things serve as a reminder of a terrible era that should be kept to remind people of the appalling things that were done. History is what it is and it shouldn't be altered to suit someone's feelings.

wombat

Using the N word is unacceptable nowadays but the insistance that some people have of removing it from history seems bizarre to me. .......... History is what it is and it shouldn't be altered to suit someone's feelings.
Its a common mistake among those with a superficial knowledge of history - using today's attitudes to misunderstand the past. Watched Samuel L Jackson in Shaft last night, hilarious, completely politically incorrect over the top action comedy.

recedite

I'm older than you and I have heard the expression, rarely used nowadays because of the N word. Skeletons in the cupboard is the usual phrase used instead. Been a long long time since I heard it used so no surprise you have not.
That's a different meaning though. So not a replacement.
"Snake in the grass" would be more like it.
(with apologies in advance to the reptile community for any offence caused)

truthisfree

That's a different meaning though. So not a replacement.
"Snake in the grass" would be more like it.
(with apologies in advance to the reptile community for any offence caused)
Yes, I think you would be right...apologies to all N******, skeletons, closets, woodpiles and grass...not all grass but most of it :D

Lagertha

The thing is, he was referring to a white woman, not that I'm defending his actions. White people bend over backwards to avoid using the N word while black men use that word freely, often as a term of endearment or a greeting.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies