• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Gilmore hinting at Labour/FF coalition option

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
RT News: Labour-led Government achievable - Gilmore

This has already been mentioned on other threads, but the report on what Gilmore is saying now makes it more likely. If Gilmore is suggesting that Labour can lead the next coalition government, but isn't calling out FG as the other party, is he opening the door to a Labour led government with FF being the junior partner?

Certainly Gilmore as Taoiseach and Linehan in Finance would appear to be a potential winner, based on their ratings, but would FF be prepared to be the junior party in government?

Ulster-Lad

He has repeatedly ruled out a coalition with FF....

Skrynesaver

Labour wouldn't dare put FF back in, it would be an object lesson in how to lose an epoch changing moment.

stringer

This all sounds a lot like 1992 again - however I think that Labour wouldn't go for that option unless they have no other choice, and even then, it's incredibly unlikely after what happened Labour in the 1997 election.

hellsbells

If Gilmore does `nt rule out coalition with fianna scum ,then I think it will hurt them big them .

LiberalFG

Twitter
@dmvmurphy
Why would Gilmore turn down an opportunity of a lifetime for Labour? Why play second fiddle to FG when they could lead a Government?

Also, the very possibility might be a good cynical way to scaremonger for FG in the GE

controller

I think that this is just spin put out by FG or FF to stop people voting Lab.

RightCentreLeft

The thread title is very misleading.

It should say 'is' at the beginning and have a '?' at the end.

the_rebubblican

RT News: Labour-led Government achievable - Gilmore

This has already been mentioned on other threads, but the report on what Gilmore is saying now makes it more likely. If Gilmore is suggesting that Labour can lead the next coalition government, but isn't calling out FG as the other party, is he opening the door to a Labour led government with FF being the junior partner?

Certainly Gilmore as Taoiseach and Linehan in Finance would appear to be a potential winner, based on their ratings, but would FF be prepared to be the junior party in government?
Be careful Eamon, if you dine with the devil bring a long spoon...just look at Na Glasraí!

LiquidPaddy

Thought this was ruled out, but Gilmore needs to clearly deny this possibility to secure my vote.

Expatriot

Labour are into FF levels of support, one or two small parties and indos could make up a left wing gov. That is what he is talking about. It is nonsense to say Lab will allow FF anywhere near power. If Labour get 40% anything is on then.

DeputyEdo

In order for me to vote for Labour, Gilmore would have to categorically deny they would share power with FF.
Unless he states that there will be no way FF will get into the next government with Labour help, my vote will be going to Dustin the turkey or something.

hellsbells

In order for me to vote for Labour, Gilmore would have to categorically deny they would share power with FF.
Unless he states that there will be no way FF will get into the next government with Labour help, my vote will be going to Dustin the turkey or something.
+1

Sync