Gilmore Nearly Brought The Coalition Government Down, What Would Have Been The Consequences, If He Did?

General Urko

Gilmore Nearly Brought The Coalition Government Down, What Would Have Been The Consequences, If He Did?

In the wake of The shock retirement of Garda Capo di tutt'i capi , Martin Callinan and The recording of conversations in police stations, Eamon Gilmore according to his biography was on the verge onf bringing the coalition down. However, he accepted Enda's explanation, a few days later.
What would be the consequences, if he had done so?
Perhaps The Labour Party would not have been destroyed and Kenny would long since have left the scene. Indeed, Eamon might still be Labour Leader.

Gilmore: why I was set to bring down Coalition | Campus.ie

Eoin Coir

Labour always wrestles with its conscience,and sumo Howlin wins?

General Urko

Labour nearly done a lot of things.
Indeed, but haven't we all!
However, one thing which they did after promising not to do, landed them with a general election result even worse than their fellow Troika Criminals, Eff Eff disgraced themselves with in the previous GE, that of course being Water Taxes!

gleeful

Just like the Lib Dems they should have picked an issue and used it to bring down the government. Sometimes narrow short term political advantage is the best long term option.

General Urko

I suppose the important thing for most of them before jumping ship was to establish their obscene pension entitlements!
And I guess it was the same for The Greeners/Yellahs before them!

Gin Soaked

Indeed, but haven't we all!
However, one thing which they did after promising not to do, landed them with a general election result even worse than their fellow Troika Criminals, Eff Eff disgraced themselves with in the previous GE, that of course being Water Taxes!
Good "what if" OP.

My thesis:

Enda gets dumped. Both parties lose seats but reform govt under Simon. Less crass and water charges are neutered. No Enda means less alienation of voters.

2016 election returns another FG Lab coalition.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

I don't believe him.

To paraphrase his buddy, ''sure isn't that what you say when you are trying to shift a few books....''

Sister Mercedes

I bet he wishes he was back in govt so Ho Chi Quinn could put his book on the Leaving Cert Curriculum. I can't imagine any other reason to buy it.

beazlebottom

In the wake of The shock retirement of Garda Capo di tutt'i capi , Martin Callinan and The recording of conversations in police stations, Eamon Gilmore according to his biography was on the verge onf bringing the coalition down. However, he accepted Enda's explanation, a few days later.
Perhaps The Labour Party would not have been destroyed and Kenny would long since have left the scene. Indeed, Eamon might still be Labour Leader.

wow, wasn't it lucky he didn't and stayed to save the taxpayers with his 'Gamechanger' deal on the Bank bonds in Brussels ....oops......forgot, Merkel stitched us up on that also>. Surprised anyone reading that clown's autobiography, can only assume you have a severe dose of insomnia.

Boy M5

I bet he wishes he was back in govt so Ho Chi Quinn could put his book on the Leaving Cert Curriculum. I can't imagine any other reason to buy it.
It's pages are soft and absorbent

Boy M5

wow, wasn't it lucky he didn't and stayed to save the taxpayers with his 'Gamechanger' deal on the Bank bonds in Brussels ....oops......forgot, Merkel stitched us up on that also>. Surprised anyone reading that clown's autobiography, can only assume you have a severe dose of insomnia.
Actually the Spanish stood up to the rest.
Our fellas couldn't even tailgate them.

ne0ica

Sure he would. Says a lot about the man. He had no problem with draconian budget cuts inflicted on more disadvantaged parts of society. But now tells us he was prepared to walk over this. :roll:

realistic1

I suppose he had a massive decision to weight up. On the one hand he had the spoils of Political office and on the other he had moral and Political responsibility. Typical of Labours way of operating, he made the correct decision and did not rock the boat.

brughahaha

Well his attempts to re write history and pretend he had a spine in Government means he's obviously embarrassed and trying to challenge the publics memory of him being Fine Gaels bitch for the duration of Government ......

He hasnt a chance mind

Now if he was to write a book called "How to destroy a successful left wing party and pass some of the most regressive budgets ever seen , inflicting misery on the very constituency you promised to protect (ha ha the fools) while making sure you and your family were in clover " ...that might be worth a read

He could co write it with Rabbite and Ross

Plebian

It must be true, Eamon would never tell a mistruth. :roll: Post event "hold me back" crapola.. pathetic!

Northsideman

Labour always wrestles with its conscience,and sumo Howlin wins?
Labour doesn't have a conscience, just greed for office and power.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies