Gilmore's Expenses!

councillor

As a Dublin-based TD, who returns home every night, gets paid expenses for everyday he attends the Dail.
TDs "up from the country" get paid an overnight allowance similar to what Gilmore gets.

Can Eamon Gilmore justify and stand over HIS own expenses?

if he cant JUSTIFY these expenses, then surely he's in the same boat as o'donoghue and others??

Pauli

As a Dublin-based TD, who returns home every night, gets paid expenses for everyday he attends the Dail.
TDs "up from the country" get paid an overnight allowance similar to what Gilmore gets.

if he cant JUSTIFY these expenses, then surely he's in the same boat as o'donoghue and others??
Not really.

Tressell

I am sure he can, he's not going to fire the bullet and leave himself wide open. Thats something from Calamitiy's casebook that you describe.:roll:

White Horse

I doubt he claims the expenses you suggest. If he does, his position would be untenable.

Herodotus

Typical FF ploy. Just cause he outed the creep you are trying to make Gilmore look the bad guy.

feet first

the oldest trick in the FF book is to shoot the messenger , however I am sure that Councillor is above all that.

Newsy

This surely wouldn't be a case of 'shoot the messenger', would it??

Reform of the whole system, deserately needs to take place...asap.

badboy2

The old "They are all the same so why should our guy go just because he has been caught?" defence.

He has been caught so he has to go. It will be the first sign that FF are losing their grip on this state if one of their cronies has to resign. That said knowing FF they would send him to the European commission.

Personally I would not be suprised if there is a revenue investigation into ministerial expenses. There is no way that most of this stuff is essential for their job and alot of it could be taxable.

Perhaps the form of the law has been observed, but the substance of benefits law has been bent out of shape.

Whats that tax dodgers line and I might give them a call. Hey I might even get a reward.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

While i suspect this a ploy to discredit Eamon "the Treaty is Dead!" Gilmore, you do raise a legitimate question.

In the wake of this scandal every TD should publish all of their expenses and bring them forward for scrutiny and the upper house should do the same! Let's have all of the dirty laundry, if any, please! But it should have happened weeks ago at this stage!!

As the saying goes, "The quiet are often the guilty."

Lloyd-Apjohn

It's well past good enough that JOD resigning is the end of it - every single member of the Oireachtas should have every expense and allowance claim they have made since they were elected published from when they were elected and if that's not possible then from 1997 at least.

There is not one single rep in Leinster House who provides receipts for their expenses - not one from any party or none. Not even I might add the great Joe O'Higgins!

seenitallb4

As a non-party person, I feel that this is a very legitimate question. I want to see all expenses published. It can't be one rule for O'Donaghoe and another for all the rest. IS the Opposition serious or is it just posturing?

As a non-party person, I feel that this is a very legitimate question. I want to see all expenses published. It can't be one rule for O'Donaghoe and another for all the rest. IS the Opposition serious or is it just posturing?
Opposition is posturing but they will be getting of the High Horse as does anybody assume that the Meeja have only one target ?

seenitallb4

Opposition is posturing but they will be getting of the High Horse as does anybody assume that the Meeja have only one target ?
True- the meeja are hoors....at least I hope so.

Baron von Biffo

:) Very clever Councillor. All TDs get an attendance allowance but that's not an overnight allowance.

I don't think Dublin deputies are entitled to overnight's.

Desperate Dan

He has a neck like a Jockeys B!!!!!!s to stand up in the Dail as the so called Mr Clean. The chickens are certainly coming home to roost. I am looking forward to much more of these little tit bits. Remember in the rainbow coalition a certain minister was known as the White Knight, he was the Media favorite, before the s!!t hit the fan. I must say this going to be a very interesting few weeks, who can ride out the storm.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies