• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Gilmore's Finest Hour - lots not done more not to do!

greengoose2

What a great waffler we have in Dáil Éireann! Everything is now going to be rosy. We are saved! The recession will be over and the political landscape will be radically altered.

“My parting words to the parliamentary party was when we come back in 2013 we will need to be talking and thinking about what post-recession Ireland will look like. I see enormous potential. The EU presidency absolutely parallels what we are doing, concentrating on jobs and growth and trade,” he said.
Does anyone believe this motormouthed non achieving waste of space any more?

Talking up the austerity indeed! The budget will bring us to the land of Eden and all praise to the Labour Party.

Pissyknickers

Happy Gilmore. Here is what he didn't say;

1. The national debt is closing in on €200bn. That's 4 times more than pre crisis.
2. Household debt is €189bn.
3. 1.8 m taxpayers burdened with ever higher taxes are expected to service both.
4. You get hit for 52% top rate all in taxes at just 1x Avr wage, it takes 4 x Avr in UK and in top services Sweden, 1.7 times, more like €50k single person here.
5. Gilmore's chum's Jobs Inititative robbed €1bn already from private pension pots and has produced no credible record of jobs. The DoF claim 9,000 in hospitality even if correct that's €111,000 per job costing max €25k.
6. 1.5 m taxpayers cross subsidise 310,000 taxpayers thru a public cartel agreement that affords them the highest pay levels in the EU. This obcenity is core to his politics.

The leader of these clowns Gilmore tells us today that Ireland will emerge to growth 2H 2013. Poppycock.

InsideImDancing

If only he could turn his anger. into a decent policy or two! Labour's support must be fek'n shocking if his massive anger is anything to go by.

Boy M5

Lads very much agree and if I may....

You missed that retailers are still paying bubble level rents, that there is an overhang of buy to let properties - which the banks must address this year, so pushing valuations down, so creating a negative feedback loop on consumer confidence (a negative wealth effect) and bank capitalisation.
Which brings me to the rather big question of are the banks actually lending? Will they lend this year?

I suspect that Gimeemore is hoping that the FDI / export sector will again flatter our GDP statistics. The reality in the domestic sector is somewhat worse.

Is this new year's message the equivalent of whistling past the graveyard as he watches his back from Shorthall etc. Or is he somehow hoping to Stakhonovite style turn the economy around by his exertions?

I got a worse jolt when I heard Michael Murphy read the former Republican Club member's prognosntications on the news than I did when I heard the Jim "Softlanding" Power ad where he proudly announces to the emigrant classes that
he's an economist.

I want a strong, sustainable economy. To get there we need a reality check and a laser like focus and a genuine national coalition of hearts and minds.

If you're emigrating today after Christmas travel safe and remember in the words of the ong that those airplanes go both ways.

InsideImDancing

Lads very much agree and if I may....

You missed that retailers are still paying bubble level rents, that there is an overhang of buy to let properties - which the banks must address this year, so pushing valuations down, so creating a negative feedback loop on consumer confidence (a negative wealth effect) and bank capitalisation.
Which brings me to the rather big question of are the banks actually lending? Will they lend this year?

I suspect that Gimeemore is hoping that the FDI / export sector will again flatter our GDP statistics. The reality in the domestic sector is somewhat worse.

Is this new year's message the equivalent of whistling past the graveyard as he watches his back from Shorthall etc. Or is he somehow hoping to Stakhonovite style turn the economy around by his exertions?

I got a worse jolt when I heard Michael Murphy read the former Republican Club member's prognosntications on the news than I did when I heard the Jim "Softlanding" Power ad where he proudly announces to the emigrant classes that
he's an economist.

I want a strong, sustainable economy. To get there we need a reality check and a laser like focus and a genuine national coalition of hearts and minds.

If you're emigrating today after Christmas travel safe and remember in the words of the ong that those airplanes go both ways.
Hear hear, also, avoid Israel.:)

Crazy horse 6

What a great waffler we have in Dáil Éireann! Everything is now going to be rosy. We are saved! The recession will be over and the political landscape will be radically altered.

Talking up the austerity indeed! The budget will bring us to the land of Eden and all praise to the Labour Party.
Classic political spin. Things are getting worse and the future looks grimmer than ever yet talk up the positive instead of tackling the issues at hand.

The man like most of the government is utterly deluded.

joemac67

Hear hear, also, avoid Israel.:)

I am more inclined to offer the old fire brigade warning to our new emigrants i have seen too many of my generation come back here to have their dreams and lives shattered by the scum that runs this country . So if your going ,take the fire brigades advice
''GET OUT , GET YOUR CHILDREN OUT , AND STAY OUT !, until you see a complete change in this country . Safe travelling

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am

I am more inclined to offer the old fire brigade warning to our new emigrants i have seen too many of my generation come back here to have their dreams and lives shattered by the scum that runs this country . So if your going ,take the fire brigades advice
''GET OUT , GET YOUR CHILDREN OUT , AND STAY OUT !, until you see a complete change in this country . Safe travelling
If those of us who want change all leave there'll be no change, ever.

greengoose2

Conversely, if those of us who want change stay, there'll be no change, ever. We have proof of that. Actually, scub that! We have change for the worse, year on year and the gravy boat is exclusively for the chosen few who are usually chosen by the majority who incidentally, do not want change or so they think in their infinite wisdom.

My green shirt faded many years ago and now wipes up paint splashes!

mary_queen_of_the_gael

There are actually posters here who support the anti Irish Labour Party. I am not talking about the self servers and the OIRA cordite lovers but many are so thick they actually thought voting Labour was the way to go. Imagine, these sheep are allowed vote us into penury and servitude to Labour's Troika masters.

Crazy horse 6

There will be no change either way. Look at these last few years. The few get protected at the expense of the many and the show rolls on. Banana republic.

joemac67

With 500, 000 unemployed , average workers been cleaned out to feather vested nest eggs and yet not even the tiniest protests on the street it appears you have a very lonely track set out for yourself , good luck with it .

Crazy horse 6

With 500, 000 unemployed , average workers been cleaned out to feather vested nest eggs and yet not even the tiniest protests on the street it appears you have a very lonely track set out for yourself , good luck with it .

Let's not forget 500k unemployed is just the headline figure. The actual number out of work is a lot higher (700-750k) with a lot of these people on courses, jobslave schemes or former self employed entitled to nowt.

The real scary figure is the amount of people IN employment which is dropping at a frightening pace. This government is failing it's citizens.

Murph

honourable words there from Happy Gilmore regarding Israeli settlements, but the same man has no problem forcing the setting up of Irish settlements in Auz, New Zealand, Canada and elsewhere.

what a plonker

truepatriot

gimmemores is one of the greatest wafflers of all times. did you see him up at dublin castle with his warm clothes to protect him from the elements.? i would love if someone did an inventory on all the labour t.d.s. on which family members work for them? it would be astounding. 60 million to be spent on this e.e.c. shindig. i bet bertie will get a slice of it. paddy power managing director has 10.8 million loans from b.of. i of which he is a director. noonan was asked to comment ,his reply -no problemo. he is one of us. bring on the revolution fast.

davoid

The Israelis don't seem to like Gilmore.

Check this out in today's Jerusalem Post!

Analysis: Ireland
It isnt really that critical of Gilmore.

But every criticism made of him by Israel is a feather in his cap.

The day he should worry is when those warmongers start praising him.

davoid

gimmemores is one of the greatest wafflers of all times. did you see him up at dublin castle with his warm clothes to protect him from the elements.? i would love if someone did an inventory on all the labour t.d.s. on which family members work for them? it would be astounding. 60 million to be spent on this e.e.c. shindig. i bet bertie will get a slice of it. paddy power managing director has 10.8 million loans from b.of. i of which he is a director. noonan was asked to comment ,his reply -no problemo. he is one of us. bring on the revolution fast.
Well jaysus truepatriot, you hardly expected him to turn up in his swimming trunks ffs!!

hiding behind a poster

Oh, no!! A bit of Optimism!!!! We can't be having that round here........