• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Giovanni di Stefano to stand in Euros?

green

Website
www.younggreens.ie
Self-professed "lawyer" Giovanni di Stefano, who has acted on behalf of such clients as Saddam Hussein, Arkan, Dutchy Holland and Dr. Crippen, has announced his intent to stand in Ireland in the 2009 European elections on an anti-immigration ticket.

The Anglo-Italian was found in 2006 not to be qualified to practise law within this jurisdiction and attempted unsuccessfully to sue Chief Justice Murray as a result.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhmhgbeyqlkf/

TBH, I suspect a publicity stunt - hence the question mark.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
he's a head the ball.. but exactly the sort of person the Government will be delighted to see declaring that he is standing, so as to give them a comparison figure with which to brand all sceptics as nutters....

Ard-Taoiseach

A foreigner is standing on an anti-immigration platform in Ireland? The mind boggles.

jerryp

Ard-Taoiseach said:
A foreigner is standing on an anti-immigration platform in Ireland? The mind boggles.
That was the first thing that struck me as well. Touch of Kilnascully about that :eek:

Ard-Taoiseach

jerryp said:
Ard-Taoiseach said:
That was the first thing that struck me as well. Touch of Kilnascully about that :eek:
What next? The Pope standing for the Progressive Durexes? Dana standing on an aggressively liberal legalise-everything platform? etc.

NZ'er

He is not particularl popular here either. Apparently he arrived her in the 80's pretending to be an Italian Count (I kid you not), arranged a heap of property deals, then pulled the plug when his background was questioned.

An interesting individual...

alonso

He may run. But a bag of hurls and a van load of Iraqi Refugees pulling up outside his office may deter him. I'll drive (I should have passed a test by 2009)

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
It's an important issue but having a non-national on this ticket is truly bizarre.

bobbysands81

FutureTaoiseach said:
It's an important issue but having a non-national on this ticket is truly bizarre.
We have many shoneens who are the exact same, many of them post here too.

The SR

John_C said:
Don't forget that he played a role in Shels leaving Tolka Park.
Did he fcuk. He offered to buy Shels, but that was totally unrelated to any false and scurrelous whispers that the Reds were operating as a laundry service at the time for certain folk Paul Williams nicknamed. Whatever that means.

Olly selling it to property speculators had nothing to do with it obviously. :D

beardyboy

I recall the famous quip of Dr Johnson concerning patriotism and scoundrels - not implying of course that this particular person is a scoundrel.

Odyessus

The SR said:
[quote="John_C":2vc2xijq]Don't forget that he played a role in Shels leaving Tolka Park.
Did he fcuk. He offered to buy Shels, but that was totally unrelated to any false and scurrelous whispers that the Reds were operating as a laundry service at the time for certain folk Paul Williams nicknamed. Whatever that means.

Olly selling it to property speculators had nothing to do with it obviously. :D[/quote:2vc2xijq]

"Whatever that means. "[/quote]

Quite.