• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Glen Beck: Gay Marriage 'No Threat' To America

CookieMonster

I really enjoy The O'Reilly Factor and Glen Beck's political commentary is always entertaining, but his historical shows on the US Constitution and the founding fathers really is fantastic.

Anyway, first we had Elton John and Rush Limbaugh,

And now we have Beck, who the moron liberal mindless numptie leftards love to hate (but don't really know why) stating the obvious, that gay marriage is no threat to America.

O'REILLY: Do you believe -- do you believe that gay marriage is a threat to the country in any way?
BECK: A threat to the country?
O'REILLY: Yes. Is it going to harm?
BECK: No. Are the gay -- will the gays come and get us?
O'REILLY: OK. Is it going to harm the country in any way?
BECK: I believe that Thomas Jefferson said, "If it neither breaks my leg or picks my pocket, what difference is it to me?"
Glenn Beck Says Gay Marriage 'No Threat' To America

eoghanacht

Beck and O'Reilly, right wing talking heads, sorry shouting heads!

As for his stance on gay marriage, good for him. Even a boken clock is right twice a day.

TheMushyStuff

So O'Reilly and Beck debated about whether Gay Marriage was threat to America or not. Well that right-wing media for you. :mrgreen:

CookieMonster

So O'Reilly and Beck debated about whether Gay Marriage was threat to America or not. Well that right-wing media for you. :mrgreen:
Ok, so jackass comments aside, neither of you morons have spotted the significance of such a statement?

eoghanacht

Ok, so jackass comments aside, neither of you morons have spotted the significance of such a statement?
I was going to engage with you but since you've already started with childish namecalling, well, why bother?

NotoriousFin

Although Glenn Beck has been starting to say the right things recently, and moved from his neo-conservative to a classical liberal position, I'm a little sceptical.

Is he just doing it because it's now popular? Or has he just re-read Hayek? (I hope it's the latter)

TheMushyStuff

Nobody care what O'Reilly or Beck says beside they are simply catching up to what the Liberal have been saying all along. Let not forget that! :rolleyes:

CookieMonster

I was going to engage with you but since you've already started with childish namecalling, well, why bother?
no you weren't. You started off with some idiotic comments about Beck and O'Reilly being right wingers... like that needed saying and then added the even more moronic "stopped clock" comment. The tone of your contributions to this was clear from there. You're fooling nobody.

CookieMonster

Nobody care what O'Reilly or Beck says beside they are simply catching up to what the Liberal have been saying all along. Let not forget that! :rolleyes:
The three and a half million people who watch The O'Reilly Factor every day care what Bill-O says and the two million people who watch Glen Beck every day care what Beck says. That was a rather stupid comment to make and again you've failed to see the significance of such a statement from Beck.

DJCB33

I'm very surprised that Beck made that comment, it could hurt his viewing figures. The opinion I have seen expressed on Michelle Malkin's message boards (sorry to the guy who started this thread but I think I'm right in saying there is a cross over between her readership and Becks viewers) is that guy marriage 'breaks my leg' by normalising a family situation which is not mother, father & children, in a family without both genders represented in parenting children are more likely to not stay on the straight and narrow and end up burgling your house and shooting you in the process.

CookieMonster

I'm very surprised that Beck made that comment, it could hurt his viewing figures. The opinion I have seen expressed on Michelle Malkin's message boards (sorry to the guy who started this thread but I think I'm right in saying there is a cross over between her readership and Becks viewers) is that guy marriage 'breaks my leg' by normalising a family situation which is not mother, father & children, in a family without both genders represented in parenting children are more likely to not stay on the straight and narrow and end up burgling your house and shooting you in the process.
That's pretty much the standard social conservative view, though Beck is more libertarian than social conservative he has made comments similar to that above before. It's a wild departure from the norm for him and for most on the right.

It's an important event because it opens up the debate again but also, Beck is well respected among the chattering classes on the right. Despite what the illiterate idiot above may believe, people care what Beck thinks... he's an opinion former with a huge following. His comments will allow many on the right who may feel the same way to now vocalise their thoughts on the matter. As a quazi-libertarian right winger in Ireland, which is normally socially conservative as it is, not believing that gay marriage (in whatever form it eventually takes) will see the destruction of society isn't a popular one to hold. It just got a little easier... and that's how it happens.

TheMushyStuff

The three and a half million people who watch The O'Reilly Factor every day care what Bill-O says and the two million people who watch Glen Beck every day care what Beck says. That was a rather stupid comment to make and again you've failed to see the significance of such a statement from Beck.
I meant people with a bit of sense. :lol:
Yeah Yeah, let the conservatives fight over whether Gay Marriage should be legal or not. BTW you don't need to listen to Beck to get a bit of common sense. :mrgreen:

CookieMonster

Yeah Yeah, let the conservatives fight over whether Gay Marriage should be legal or not. BTW you don't need to listen to Beck to get a bit of common sense. :mrgreen:
You need to go back to English class.

DJCB33

Do you think debate is likely? I admit that my experience of America conservatives is limited, I have meet a few but its mainly from message boards, from what I have seen there is little movement in opinion, those who challenge as Beck seems to be doing here is shouted down as a quasi liberal or having an alternate agenda. I hope your right.

CookieMonster

Do you think debate is likely? I admit that my experience of America conservatives is limited, I have meet a few but its mainly from message boards, from what I have seen there is little movement in opinion, those who challenge as Beck seems to be doing here is shouted down as a quasi liberal or having an alternate agenda. I hope your right.
Beck is seriously media and politically savvy, plus he has proven himself not to be a quazi-liberal.

dónal na geallaí

This could be a very interesting development,step change even.Like Pat Buchanan's opposition to the Iraq war,which goes back to 2001.He is a social conservative who thinks America cannot be a republic and an empire at the same time.

But,again, maybe Beck agrees with Swarzeneggers viewe on gay marriage;its something that should happen between a man and a woman.This would make it very easy to sell to Bill O Reilly.