Global Heat Wave: Is This The New Climate Change Normal?:

Breeal

Science is a process for finding how how stuff works in the real world. It is not "the truth", but it is the most effective way of finding out the truth. It makes mistakes, but has amazing powers of self-correction.

Climate science is not more or less variable than any branch of physics, chemistry or biology. In fact, parts of biology like genetics may be more complex.

Very few branches of science are reducible to a simple formula.
And yet people like Odious have turned climate science into the religious belief system we see today.

gandyalf

McTell

Twitter
No
And yet people like Odious have turned climate science into the religious belief system we see today.

Yes, the problem is it's so incomplete.

There's a trend that we are adding to, but nobody will say by how much. We can pay twice as much taxes to make it go away, and find that the climate goes into a mini ice age anyway, like in 1400-1800.

A lot of scientists and businesses are on the grants bandwagon, and cannot say that they are 1/3 right, or 3/4 right, because then the grants will stop. It has to be full tilt.

The politicians who have to make the decisions will not vote against a new form of taxation. yet they fly around in jets, and keep peat plants running. When they set up the EU carbon credit trading scheme it was scammed.

Sorry but I am not a denier, just a reader who likes to ask "prove it".

owedtojoy

The meaning of "the Mean value" in Statistics, taking the example of "global mean temperature".

Even outside of climate science, you will find this educational.

[video=youtube;VR3j2Sl8CTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR3j2Sl8CTo[/video]

Breeal

Yes, the problem is it's so incomplete.

There's a trend that we are adding to, but nobody will say by how much. We can pay twice as much taxes to make it go away, and find that the climate goes into a mini ice age anyway, like in 1400-1800.

A lot of scientists and businesses are on the grants bandwagon, and cannot say that they are 1/3 right, or 3/4 right, because then the grants will stop. It has to be full tilt.

The politicians who have to make the decisions will not vote against a new form of taxation. yet they fly around in jets, and keep peat plants running. When they set up the EU carbon credit trading scheme it was scammed.

Sorry but I am not a denier, just a reader who likes to ask "prove it".
It's just a theory, there is no actual evidence backing up the theory. CO2 has increased from 0.03% of the atmosphere to 0.04%, no big deal. Everything we are seeing today has happened before, even though the Alarmists are doing their best to rewrite history and pretend it's 'unprecedented'.

I wouldn't worry about being called names like denier, it's just a tactic used to shut people down.

Trainwreck

From another climate scientist. A real one, not a nutjob statistician:

Paris Is No Longer Relevant.

Climate science is not settled. Four decades of observations highlight that computer models have exaggerated the influence of anthropogenic emissions of carbon dioxide. The Paris Agreement has been negotiated from faulty premises.

William Kininmonth was supervisor of climate services in the Bureau of Meteorology and a consultant to the World Meteorological Organization. He is author of Climate Change: A Natural Hazard (Multi-Science, 2004) and contributor to Taxing Air: Facts and Fallacies About Climate Change (Carter and Spooner, 2013).

valamhic

A Meme is

Meme
A meme is an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture—often with the aim of conveying a particular phenomenon, theme, or meaning represented by the meme

often with the aim of conveying a particular phenomenon, theme, or meaning represented by the meme. It most apt translation into ordinary talk could be defined as ideas passed on without genetic involvement. Or. Monkey see monkey do.

owedtojoy

I've experienced that several times over the decades. Be very careful how you remove it. It is very abrasive indeed. Don't use a car wash. Use a hose.
How about a good shower of Irish rain?

Using a hose sounds like work, and messy work at that.

raetsel

I've experienced that several times over the decades. Be very careful how you remove it. It is very abrasive indeed. Don't use a car wash. Use a hose.
Thanks. I have a Kärcher power washer, which I mainly use for my patio, and was planning to use it. Are you suggesting it might be too powerful?

CatullusV

Thanks. I have a Kärcher power washer, which I mainly use for my patio, and was planning to use it. Are you suggesting it might be too powerful?
I've got a massively over-powered Kärscher. I'd use it to pour water rather then to pressure wash. Better even to just use a hose at normal pressure and to avoid using even as much as a sponge. Just rinse it off a couple of times.

New Threads

Most Replies