Global Heat Wave: Is This The New Climate Change Normal?:

RasherHash

The mammals that were around 55 millions years ago were about the size of squirrels. The world's fauna were dominated by dinosaur species.
So, do you have a point?

Were the squirrels going around half choked? No, they were fine, just as we will be.

owedtojoy

So, do you have a point?

Were the squirrels going around half choked? No, they were fine, just as we will be.
My point is that you deny the Holocaust happened so are incapable of letting evidence get past your spite and bigotry.

So trying to make any valid point to you is a waste of my time.

RasherHash

My point is that you deny the Holocaust happened so are incapable of letting evidence get past your spite and bigotry.

This is not about the holocaust, why bring that into it?

Mammals existed at a time if much higher co² without any difficulty, co² is not a danger to us.

You should stop being so hysterical and just examine the evidence...in all cases.

McTell

The mammals that were around 55 millions years ago were about the size of squirrels. The world's fauna were dominated by dinosaur species.

At least you will not have a space problem in your mud hut. :rolleyes:

You're avoiding my unarguable point... "The real "climate deniers" are those who give the impression that all climate systems were more or less the same until 1950, and then suddenly changed".

Plus, the "anthropogenic" aspect means that we are the problem, and it follows that if there was a lot less of "we" around the planet, all would be well.

Breeal

Translation - you can't come up with a credible answer so you spit out some childish slur.

RasherHash

McTell

Sooo, during the fires they were promised more heat as its their summer.

Now SE Oz is flooding. So much for "climate forecasting" 30 or 50 years out, when they can't manage 1 month in one corner of the world.

owedtojoy

"In 2018 we saw a World Heritage Rain Forest burn in Australia, and it looks like it will not be the last time .... "

owedtojoy

Sooo, during the fires they were promised more heat as its their summer.

Now SE Oz is flooding. So much for "climate forecasting" 30 or 50 years out, when they can't manage 1 month in one corner of the world.
What a mishmash of climate denial twaddle.

You can think of climate as made up of the long term weathers in a region, or (the reverse) think of weather as a short slice of possible climate in a region.

But not both. Climate is the range of what you can expect, weather is what you get on a particular day or month.

Elementary stuff even climate deniers should know.

This summer saw record heatwaves in Australia, record bushfires, and since heat accelerates evaporation, it is not surprising that excess rainfall and flooding occurs eventually.

McTell

What a mishmash of climate denial twaddle.

//

This summer saw record heatwaves in Australia, record bushfires, and since heat accelerates evaporation, it is not surprising that excess rainfall and flooding occurs eventually.

I'm not a denier. The "record" only starts in about 1900.

We have no idea how many bushfires there were in 1753, nor 1416, nor 1009. That's only a millenium back.

Oz has been dry and hot for the past 5,000 years, that is the real record that nobody can deny.

owedtojoy

I'm not a denier. The "record" only starts in about 1900.

We have no idea how many bushfires there were in 1753, nor 1416, nor 1009. That's only a millenium back.

Oz has been dry and hot for the past 5,000 years, that is the real record that nobody can deny.
(5000 years? In your first post you said millions of years.)

Forest fires leave deposits of ash that can (for example) be found centuries later in ice cores or lakebeds. Here is a paper for the northern hemisphere. I cannot find one for Australia in a brief search. But what would it prove anyway? It is the densely populated Australia of today that counts.

Australia has never been as heavily populated as it is now. It is no comfort to know there were less or more fires when hardly anybody lived there! We do know that since the Australian population has started to rise, and as the average temperature has started to rise, so have the major bushfires.

This list has:

1900-1949: 3
1950-1999: 27
1999 -2020; 30

The growth in fires is of course related to urban sprawl, human error and human malevolence, but you cannot separate it from the rising temperature graph either. The human ability to manage bushfires has improved also - except the fires always seem to beat it, year on year, and the graph is still going up.

McTell

(5000 years? In your first post you said millions of years.)

Forest fires leave deposits of ash that can (for example) be found centuries later in ice cores or lakebeds. Here is a paper for the northern hemisphere. I cannot find one for Australia in a brief search. ///
//

I quoted a post ice age source that said that in the past 10,000 years, the first 5,000 were wet and the recent 5,000 have been dry.

A dry tinderbox Oz is nothing new.

There ya go...

caledhel

Do you recall the recent panic about the dust cloud from the Sahara? It's like from late June. Here's an article about it.

Saharan dust is bad for health. But it’s also crucial to Earth’s biology and climate

I knew that there was a conveyor belt across the Atlantic for Sahara dust and that it fertilised the Amazon rain forest before this hit the news. There was a bit of a worry in the States about it. Does anyone have more recent news about it and its effects?

Dearghoul

Desert winds deposit stuff on my windscreen.

It's been that way for some years.

It's not like the Sant Ana, however:

Your guys will ensure that there is no Amazon to worry about.

And at that point, I can't breathe, may assume a whole 'nother meaning.

Last edited:

owedtojoy

I quoted a post ice age source that said that in the past 10,000 years, the first 5,000 were wet and the recent 5,000 have been dry.

A dry tinderbox Oz is nothing new.

There ya go...

Climate change denial.

It still exists.

McTell

We've been promised 50 foot waves coming up the liffey, any day now.

The custom house will be "submerged". The right sort of stuff for a job as a scriptwriter in hollywood.

owedtojoy

We've been promised 50 foot waves coming up the liffey, any day now.

The custom house will be "submerged". The right sort of stuff for a job as a scriptwriter in hollywood.
Jeez, what a load of utterly stupid bollocks.

Cimate change denial consists of making inane assertions without any evidence. The costs of flooding arising from global warming have been quantified in many reports.

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom