• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

McTell

The intellectual height of climate denial is to post inane shyte like this. Or this:

//

For a "Mod", you take the biscuit for trying to insult my argument. If it was was funny, then fair does.

I had said that a "professor" from "maynooth univesity" with an english sounding surname have pronounced from on high (the irish times) to us inbred iggerant peasants that the 4 courts and custom house would be "submerged".

Submerged is not a wet floor, it means the whole building under water. This is not going to happen inside a millenium.

Let's do a "fact check" on my assertion....

Some of Dublin’s most iconic landmark buildings along the quays from Dublin Port to the Guinness brewery, including Custom House and the Four Courts, would be submerged, he told The Irish Times.

Do the reading, engage brain, and then write.

owedtojoy

For a "Mod", you take the biscuit for trying to insult my argument. If it was was funny, fair does.

I had said that a "professor" from "maynooth univesity" with an english surname have pronounced from on high (the irish times) that the 4 courts and custom house would be "submerged".

Submerged is not a wet floor, it means the whole building under water. This is not going to happen inside a millenium.

Let's do a "fact check" on my assertion....

Some of Dublin’s most iconic landmark buildings along the quays from Dublin Port to the Guinness brewery, including Custom House and the Four Courts, would be submerged, he told The Irish Times.

When you describe anything as shyte, do the reading, engage brain, and then write.
That is just more shyte.

Arguments with deniers always come down to semantics. Not going there.

The threat of flooding in our capital city is clear to everyone except yourself and assorted nutcases.

RasherHash

That is just more shyte.

The threat of flooding in our capital city is clear to everyone except yourself and assorted nutcases.
There is no threat, you're just fear mongering.

Are you connected to the wind industry, you must be getting paid for all the fear mongering nonsense you write?

McTell

That is just more shyte.

Sorry but professors of all people are expected to be exact in their language. Submerged is not a wet floor.

Especially in the world of climate change. Unless it has become a religion beyond all debate.

owedtojoy

Fact: Forest fires have increased in frequency and intensity in places that are most vulnerable to them - like Australia and the American West Coast.

wildfire%20acres_web-8.png

Myth: Every is normal, nothing to see here.

The attitude of the President to climate change is very much of a piece with his attitude to Coronavirus - deny or deflect until the problem gets too large to hide, then make decisions that are to personal short-term advantage only.

owedtojoy

Sorry but professors of all people are expected to be exact in their language. Submerged is not a wet floor.

Especially in the world of climate change. Unless it has become a religion beyond all debate.
Exactly as I said - you are not debating climate change, you are debating the meaning of the word "submerge", not evidence for or against the reality.

Only morons or Presidents deny climate change at this point, anyway.

silverharp

Fact: Forest fires have increased in frequency and intensity in places that are most vulnerable to them - like Australia and the American West Coast.

wildfire%20acres_web-8.png

Myth: Every is normal, nothing to see here.

The attitude of the President to climate change is very much of a piece with his attitude to Coronavirus - deny or deflect until the problem gets too large to hide, then make decisions that are to personal short-term advantage only.
Forest fires are down to forest management , I'd give climate change a possible unverifiable 10% and 90% local incompetence, only an uniformed person or a huxter would blame it all on climate change

owedtojoy

Forest fires are down to forest management , I'd give climate change a possible unverifiable 10% and 90% local incompetence, only an uniformed person or a huxter would blame it all on climate change
Nobody does.

But a awful lot of morons and Presidents blame it on anything but climate change.

Public policy in a lot of areas from disaster management & prevention to energy generation need to take climate change into account - and the Trump Administration tried to prevent that, as much as it could.

owedtojoy

owedtojoy

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom