Global Pharmaceutical Centre of Excellence for Tralee?

Kerrygold

According to local Sinn Féin TD Martin Ferris, speaking on Radio Kerry this morning, plans to locate a Global Pharmaceutical Centre of Excellence in Tralee are at a very delicate stage. He said if it comes to fruition it would create more than 4000 jobs and make it the largest centre of employment in the country.

See G.P.C.E - Home

This would be huge for the entire southwest. Lets hope it comes off.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
According to local Sinn Féin TD Martin Ferris, speaking on Radio Kerry this morning, plans to locate a Global Pharmaceutical Centre of Excellence in Tralee are at a very delicate stage. He said if it comes to fruition it would create more than 4000 jobs and make it the largest centre of employment in the country.

See G.P.C.E - Home

I sincerely hope it does too.. but, and I have huge time for Martin and Toireasa, I hope to God his announcement at "a delicate stage" doesn't cause any problems

Kerrygold

I sincerely hope it does too.. but, and I have huge time for Martin and Toireasa, I hope to God his announcement at "a delicate stage" doesn't cause any problems
Hope not, but I think that was said to try and prevent people from getting carried away before its actually confirmed. Looking at the details on the website it would seem that a lot of work has already gone into it.

Right like SF have anything to do with attracting it to the region !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More like a sniff of an announcement so claim it and then claim credit for it.

juanpablo

As long as this motley bunch of lawyers, consultants & accountants don't expect the Irish state to pony up up some incentives just for them then it's all good.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
It would be a wonderful development for Tralee and Kerry and the South West, but what is the concrete numbers and reason behind this proposal. Why Tralee for example and not closer to Cork which is a large pharma centre. Also using a local builder and architect for a $4.7 billion MWA - Michael Williams Associates who appears to have worked only locally on quite small schemes seems odd to me.

The company was only formed in June of this year

http://www.solocheck.ie/FreeIrishCompanyReport?companyNumber=486185&companyName=GLOBAL+PHARMACEUTICAL+CENTRE+OF+EXCELLENCE+LIMITED

This has the look of someone trying to rejig some development land in the Tralee area looking for grant aid from the state to build an industrial business park.

Last edited:

Kerrygold

Right like SF have anything to do with attracting it to the region !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More like a sniff of an announcement so claim it and then claim credit for it.

:roll: Grow up ffs. Can you not just welcome some positive news no matter where it comes from?

And how do you know what work has been done behind the scenes?

Kerrygold

It would be a wonderful development for Tralee and Kerry and the South West, but what is the concrete numbers and reason behind this proposal. Why Tralee for example and not closer to Cork which is a large pharma centre. Also using a local builder and architect for a $4.7 billion MWA - Michael Williams Associates who appears to have worked only locally on quite small schemes seems odd to me.

He's not the only one to be fair JODA Engineering

:roll: Grow up ffs. Can you not just welcome some positive news no matter where it comes from?

Right so apart from SF's previous Import business exactly what experience do they of long term pharma research.

Kerrygold

The company was only formed in June of this year

GLOBAL PHARMACEUTICAL CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE LIMITED - Irish Company Info - SoloCheck

This has the look of someone trying to rejig some development land in the Tralee area looking for grant aid from the state to build an industrial business park.
The company behind it Pharmadel Leaders in Global Healthcare has been in existence for 15 years and its board of governance includes the likes of Dr. Maurice Neligan and Alan Dukes.

NYCKY

Agreed, it should be welcomed and is good news if even only a fraction of it comes to fruition.

johnfás

Where are they going to get €4.7 billion from and what is the scope for attracting such largescale new investments into the Irish market, which already has a developed pharma sector. Surely players already in the Irish market would choose to expand their existing sites rather than getting involved in this.

eyeSpy

See G.P.C.E - Home

why start a centre of excellence in pharma-chem in Tralee when the one we've had in Cork for decades is closing down?

Cael

According to local Sinn Féin TD Martin Ferris
Once I saw that, I didnt need to read any further. The provies wouldnt be capable of telling the truth about anything.

Kerrygold

Once I saw that, I didnt need to read any further. The provies wouldnt be capable of telling the truth about anything.

So the webiste, G.P.C.E - Home as well as the various news reports are just figments of our collective imaginations?

Catch yourself on.:roll:

Munnkeyman

why start a centre of excellence in pharma-chem in Tralee when the one we've had in Cork for decades is closing down?
True and at 1.175 Million per job it an expensive proposition.

Cael

So the webiste, G.P.C.E - Home as well as the various news reports are just figments of our collective imaginations?

Catch yourself on.:roll:
Anyone that believes such a installation is coming to Tralee needs to have their heads examined. But, its a handy bit of lies and spin for the Adamsites.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies