• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Glór na Tuaithe national meeting- 18th November -Athlone

cuiseogach

Just want to flag this for anyone interested.
Athlone wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but I guess they had to get somewhere central and reasonably accessible for everyone.
It's at 1pm in the Shamrock Lodge Hotel and organised by the magnificent Pádraic Ó Conghaile one of our true patriots and leaders- well in my mind anyway.
Hope ye can make it. Change must start somewhere and you will meet like-minded people here.

Last edited:

Schomberg

Pádraic Ó Conghaile will be there??? :shock: Our greatest patriot!!

Count me in comrades!

cuiseogach

Yep, like I said, 'one of our true patriots'.

Do try to come Schomberg, you might learn a thing or two :)

cuiseogach

They must be doing something right when Enda Kenny is pulling at the shirt of Pat Spillane.

Eoin Coir

An mbeidh an tIar Aire O Cuiv ann aghus ag caint faoi na dabhchanna séarachais ?

Analyzer

They must be doing something right when Enda Kenny is pulling at the shirt of Pat Spillane.
If Inda is relying on "experts" like Pat Spillane to deal with this threat, then they can do anything they want and it will be a success.

cuiseogach

An mbeidh an tIar Aire O Cuiv ann aghus ag caint faoi na dabhchanna séarachais ?

:) Is dóigh go mbeidh sé i láthair agus ag labhairt faoina leithéid!

Yes, most likely indeed.

cuiseogach

If Inda is relying on "experts" like Pat Spillane to deal with this threat, then they can do anything they want and it will be a success.
Hm you and I may think so but Pat Spillane is well known and liked at least and a familiar face so a good choice to appeal to Irish voters. It's coming off the back of the good turn outs that protests led by PÓC and the Household Charge people organised. They know there is dissent starting to flare up.

Eoin Coir

:) Is dóigh go mbeidh sé i láthair agus ag labhairt faoina leithéid!

Yes, most likely indeed.
I must go and ask that sham why he stayed in cabinet after they signed up to the EU directive in Oct 2009. Ah of course he is in opposition now.

cuiseogach

I must go and ask that sham why he stayed in cabinet after they signed up to the EU directive in Oct 2009. Ah of course he is in opposition now.
Yeah Ó Cuív is one of the harder ones to figure out. He achieved a lot for the Gaeltacht in the good times though in terms of employment and legislation for the Irish language. He did his bit and he at least made a stand when he had to recently. He can be swayed with enough persuasion.

Mattarigna

Glór na Tuaithe.....................? Excuse my ignorance, but who or what are they, and why is this significant enough to be on the "Political Reform" forum?

truthisfree

Glór na Tuaithe.....................? Excuse my ignorance, but who or what are they, and why is this significant enough to be on the "Political Reform" forum?
Well seeing as the OP couldn't be bothered..... all I could find is a cached copy of info on them here, seems they are a group based in the west of Ireland opposed to Sewage tank charges.

EDIT: I had never heard of it before either...

cuiseogach

Well seeing as the OP couldn't be bothered..... all I could find is a cached copy of info on them here, seems they are a group based in the west of Ireland opposed to Sewage tank charges.

EDIT: I had never heard of it before either...

Well that was good work truthisfree but it's about more than the tank charge! Sadly there doesn't seem to be a facebook page yet but the good thing is that this is a really organised and together group with all of the people communicating directly with each other by phone, etc. and so they are not really internet users. Hence the lack of info online at the mo.
They are a rural based group who can be credited, with others, for holding that massive rally outside the Dáil earlier in the year. It was mentioned in the Financial Times the next day as it was the most significant protest we'd had - away from union 'protests'. The Household Charge march was bigger but that followed afterwards and was composed of some of the same groups.

Last edited:

cuiseogach

Come to think of it- Pádraic would be a brilliant guest for VinB to have on. I've heard him on RnaG as well as at the protest and he's a tremendous speaker. Very passionate and with one clear agenda to stand up for ordinary people who are landed with excess charges to pay for the excesses of others. Least we can do is follow a lead like that.

lying eyes

Athlone wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but I guess they had to get somewhere central and reasonably accessible for everyone.
It's at 1pm in the Sheraton Hotel and organised by the magnificent Pádraic Ó Conghaile one of our true patriots and leaders- well in my mind anyway.
Hope ye can make it. Change must start somewhere and you will meet like-minded people here.
Never heard of them -who are they - what are they on about?

cuiseogach

See posts above, Translates to 'The Rural Voice' or 'The Voice of Rural Ireland'.
Rural people coming together to oppose charges when takings are distributed and managed so inequitably. We know all of that, though, this is about action. Action action action, that's what it's all about. Enough talk and debate, it's time to stand up and shout and fing roar that we are not taking any more.

cuiseogach

It's grassroots activism.

And it's the reason Enda Kenny is trying to find a rural spokesperson like Pat Spillane. He knows what's coming as he got a taste of it recently. This is an organised and passionate group with depth.

BlackLion

LOL a group of parish pump amatures going up against a group of parish pumps professionals and both are there to talk about sh*t.

cuiseogach

Like I said the turn-out and success of the protest made for a story in the Financial Times the next day. They don't report on every tom dick and harry protest.
You can scoff all you like, it doesn't and can't detract from it.

The Herren

It's at 1pm in the Sheraton Hotel and organised by the magnificent Pádraic Ó Conghaile one of our true patriots and leaders- well in my mind anyway.
I wondered when motormouth Spillane would be snapped up by the Blueshirts. This guy is dynamite - he will pull this country out of the mire if anybody can. Endokenny will no doubt have him groomed to replace that other Blueshirt dynamo, Sean Kelly. Euro MP. At last I can relax knowing that there is now genuine progress towards a better future.