God, Aliens and Climate change

wombat

In Waterford, the local independent TD, also a junior minister for F.A., knows there is no God but believes in aliens. In Kerry, the independent TD, who would have been a junior minister but for a dislike of Enda Kenny, doesn't believe in climate change, the weather being the will of God. It would be much better value to reduce the size of the Dail and reopen the asylums.

gerhard dengler

In Waterford, the local independent TD, also a junior minister for F.A., knows there is no God but believes in aliens. In Kerry, the independent TD, who would have been a junior minister but for a dislike of Enda Kenny, doesn't believe in climate change, the weather being the will of God. It would be much better value to reduce the size of the Dail and reopen the asylums.
You just missed the poll of tonights panel on these same pressing issues.

Rural

A junior Minister for F.A.?

I'm trying to guess here before I power up the Google machine. Is it Family Affairs? Fueling Anger? Freeing Anarchy? Or just plain Fukk All?

RodShaft

What's wrong with that?

There is no evidence for the existence of God, or even a reason to suppose one might exist.

Mathematically, given what we know about the size of the universe, the numbers of Galaxies, Stars and most particularly the likely number of Planets, it would be extraordinary if there wasn't sentient alien life.

And even more unlikely that there hasn't been in the past 13.8 Billion years.

That's not of course saying that such aliens are close enough in space, or more particularly time, to be contactable.

RodShaft

I'm trying to guess here before I power up the Google machine. Is it Family Affairs? Fueling Anger? Freeing Anarchy? Or just plain Fukk All?
Power up the Google machine...

Do you have a Steampunk laptop?:lol:

Rural

Power up the Google machine...

Do you have a Steampunk laptop?:lol:

I don't know, I do know it has to be kick started in the mornings, a bit like meself!

RodShaft

I don't know, I do know it has to be kick started in the mornings, a bit like meself!
Rolls up sleeves...

For the laptop.

between the bridges

Pffft, In Nordieland we have politicians that believe they are:-

God
Luke Skywalker
The messiah
Not Gay
Intelligent
Proactive

And thons just alliance don't ge moi started on the rest...

McTell

Twitter
No

They're all so, so wrong. "Climate change" is an excuse to help the UN run the world.

New
One Nation senator-elect Malcolm Roberts has argued the United Nations is trying to impose global government through climate change policy.

Malcolm Roberts: One Nation senator-elect says UN trying to impose global government through climate chance policy - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

So it must be true.

TedHankey

[video=youtube;eQbrm4nqayQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQbrm4nqayQ[/video]

Northsideman

All junior ministers are ministers for FA, there was a time when there weren't any and then they made up the posts to make jobs for the boys and girls.

With billions of stars and planets of course there are aliens, it's for sure, if they did a one stage come here then they would have been god like to the primitives of this planet.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Highly likely there is life on other planets. The chances of it being at a stage where it could communicate with us and vice versa is another matter entirely though. With the discovery of ever more planets in the 'goldilocks zone' of star systems now visible to us it is highly likely that at least a few would have at least microbial life.

The Universe is so large though that for all we know there could be sentient life at different stages just over there in the corner a few hundred light years away.

But it may as well not exist at all given our current technology as neither they nor us would known anything about each other as we've only been beaming out noise across the spectrum for about 250 years so the first bangs on the ceiling from our industrialisation age may not have reached them yet and even if it has they may not be at a stage where they'd be set up to recognise it.

Also it appears that we may have started the life cycle and been wiped out pretty much a few times until the current session so they may have the same problem. Tad embarrassing to find out our ice ages have coincided with their barbequeue ages and vice versa.

Given it is pretty much a cosmic accident we are where we are we would need two cosmic accidents to happen at pretty much the same space time give or take a few hundred light years and in pretty much the same section of the galaxy to even know about each other.

It is nice to think bigly every now and then. I liked Douglas Adam's entry for humanity in the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy- 'Mostly Harmless'.

Nice to see the universal egocentrism taken out of the whole area.

razorblade

Theres absolutly no evidence of a God anyone that believes otherwise is deluded, aliens on the other hand who knows there's vast swatches of the galaxy undiscoved so there is always a change that there might be some sort of life form out there.
As for climate change i believe its a natural occurance that has been happening since the beginning of time.

Rural

There are little green men who are quite alien to most of us - I happen to have a picture of one!

New Threads

Most Replies