God Forgive us, We Know Not

Ó Donnchadha

I am from the US. I just saw this photo on line. It is a Father wiping the tears from his sons eyes. It was from Helmand Province Afghanistan. He was injured from an explosion. It is 2010 AD, and we have not progressed as a species. This is not anti soldier. I served back in 1976. I am just tired of it.

ne0ica

powerful picture.

VHF

I'm speechless. I've a lump in my throat after viewing the photo. God bless the child and his family. On that note, I'm logging off.

atlantic

I can't understand the USA government imperialists ,why are they killing people to instill democracy in other countries when the majority don't want it, or them interfering in their business.I like the American people ,but their governments are complete and utter baswards.
I am from the US. I just saw this photo on line. It is a Father wiping the tears from his sons eyes. It was from Helmand Province Afghanistan. He was injured from an explosion. It is 2010 AD, and we have not progressed as a species. This is not anti soldier. I served back in 1976. I am just tired of it.

Ó Donnchadha

I excluded the politics. We are all doing this to each other everyday. This child suffered. The Taliban do the same, the British persecute the Irish. Islam kills daily in the name of Allah. We are all guilty. we all fall short of the Glory of God. It is unconscionable.

liamfoley

I can't understand the USA government imperialists ,why are they killing people to instill democracy in other countries when the majority don't want it, or them interfering in their business.I like the American people ,but their governments are complete and utter baswards.
I have read the OP a few times now and I do not see anywhere a claim that the Americans were responsible for this child's suffering. I do not believe that the US should be in the business of nation building but Saddam, the Taliban and Al Quada (among many others) are the ones responsible for most of the deaths of innocents in these conflicts. There are many other conflicts in other parts of the world where this thing happens and the Americans and others are not responsible. If you insist on apportioning blame then at least direct it at the right entity.

truthisfree

I have read the OP a few times now and I do not see anywhere a claim that the Americans were responsible for this child's suffering. I do not believe that the US should be in the business of nation building but Saddam, the Taliban and Al Quada (among many others) are the ones responsible for most of the deaths of innocents in these conflicts. There are many other conflicts in other parts of the world where this thing happens and the Americans and others are not responsible. If you insist on apportioning blame then at least direct it at the right entity.
blah blah blah, did you even look at the picture?

:mad:

Dredger

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4vIzEkd6s]YouTube - Rammstein - Amerika[/ame]

Ó Donnchadha

I never intended to indict the US. I am American. I served my country, and stand by the US. My post was an indictment of mankind.

liamfoley

I never intended to indict the US. I am American. I served my country, and stand by the US. My post was an indictment of mankind.
Humanity, while capable of great cruelty is also capable of great works of art, philosophy and care for fellow human beings. If we do not remember this on a regular basis then there is no longer even a reason to live.

Portstewart

Ó Donnchadha;3166541 British persecute the Irish..[/QUOTE said:
Every day, its like a rule for me and my evil protestant friends, an addiction, must persecute my work colleagues, family and friends in relation to the constitution, you are the classic cliched american idiot, Irish are you f*ck, I'm ten times as Irish as you will ever be. :)

truthisfree

Are you trying to make a point?
Somewhere between dropping "speaking bibles" on destitute people and what that father in the picture feels, yes I am. Amazing how the most religious of people can be totally unfeeling, isn't it?

Dredger

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4czVmZQUbM]YouTube - Prefab Sprout-The King of Rock n' Roll[/ame]

Ó Donnchadha

Every day, its like a rule for me and my evil protestant friends, an addiction, must persecute my work colleagues, family and friends in relation to the constitution, you are the classic cliched american idiot, Irish are you f*ck, I'm ten times as Irish as you will ever be. :)

I thought you were British ? ;) Don't invest so much anger.

Portstewart

I thought you were British ? ;) Don't invest so much anger.
Not at all my American chump,

Proudly British, proudly Irish, one and the same as far as I am concerned.

In particular I love Northern Ireland, very patriotic about the place like most of my fellow countrymen, we're very receptive to tourists if ever you want to come and visit. xxx

Ó Donnchadha

Not at all my American chump,

Proudly British, proudly Irish, one and the same as far as I am concerned.

In particular I love Northern Ireland, very patriotic about the place like most of my fellow countrymen, we're very receptive to tourists if ever you want to come and visit. xxx
Sure, I will also extend a visit here to South Boston also. Sadly they just tore down the building with our famous mural, you know gentrification.

LeDroit

Cain killed Abel. Man kills man. Been ever true. Will always be so. Is it always morally wrong when people die? Of course not but let's examine the US's role for a moment.

I don't think America is being imperialist in it's wars. It goes in, takes out dictators who are dangerous to US security, offers people democracy and moves out. The leaders who are elected are hardly US puppets. Look at Karzai and Maliki, not exactly US Yes-Men.

So is the US morally correct in doing this? Well, from their position they improve the security of their own nation and their own people's safety- so yes. From the point of view of the invaded, they lose a dictator and gain democracy with all of it's flaws but as Churchill said, 'Democracy is the worst form of govt, except for all of the others'. So again, yes, I think they're morally correct there too. It is a just war for those two reasons and from the perspective of the respective peoples as a whole but of course individuals will suffer.

Red_93

Why can't I see said picture? Has Liam Foley abused his mod powers and taken it down?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies