• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

"god" phones children and wins award.

nozzferrahhtoo

Website
www.catholic.ie

Cato

Nothing says 'I really believe' like the brainwashing of defenseless young children. You've really got to admire these theists.

When I was a child we rarely had sweets or chocolates, but anytime I got a couple of sweets I used to always leave one on my bedside locker for my "Guardian Angel", and she always ate it. When I eventually discovered that one of my big sisters used to dog my footsteps and eat the chocolate as soon as I turned my back I was heartbroken. Not that she(the sister) had eaten the sweets but had deprived my poor Guardian Angel of one. A phone call from God would have me in a convent today, no doubt, instead of being whatever it is I am today. A daylight atheist.

Tin Foil Hat

So, an adult has been ringing children pretending to an all powerful creator of the universe, and giving them orders to carry out specific actions?
That's not creepy at all!

firefly123

I wonder what network God is on? Do you reckon he is a pay as you go kind of omnipotent being or a bill pay creator of all existance?

Cato

I wonder what network God is on? Do you reckon he is a pay as you go kind of omnipotent being or a bill pay creator of all existance?
I wonder is his number blocked?

firefly123

bet he is a fast texter and probably has an iphone 4 with good reception

Cato

...and does Jesus run up huge bills ringing his 12 male 'companions'?

Asparagus

eh - i thought it was god what did the texting - you are clearly talking about chuck norris.

Chuck Norris, can for the record, divide by zero.

firefly123

I hear chunk norris's penis has its own penis and that his penis's penis is bigger than yours!

paulp

Nothing says 'I really believe' like the brainwashing of defenseless young children. You've really got to admire these theists.
theists in general or these particular theists?

Cato

theists in general or these particular theists?
I include all theists that indoctrinate their children into their funny, irrational, and superstitious beliefs. I don't include theists that leave it up to their children, once they've reached maturity, to make up their own minds.

CookieMonster

So, an adult has been ringing children pretending to an all powerful creator of the universe, and giving them orders to carry out specific actions?
That's not creepy at all!

Ever listened to local radio around christmas?

Cato

nozzferrahhtoo

Website
www.catholic.ie
Ever listened to local radio around christmas?
I assume you are talking about Santa? If my assumption is right, I agree with you there is a lot creepy about Santa too and it is a practice I will not be performing on my children.

However there is a massive difference which nullifies the analogy. There comes an age, usually still in the pre-teens, when you come clean on the lie and point out it was all just for fun.

The people phoning in THIS case not only have no intention of doing so, but are trying to get those children to indoctrinate OTHERS too.

EUrJokingMeRight

Anybody who has actually been on the telephone to god would know that he must also use an armitage shanks. Good solid device but there is a little echo.

paulp

I include all theists that indoctrinate their children into their funny, irrational, and superstitious beliefs. I don't include theists that leave it up to their children, once they've reached maturity, to make up their own minds.

a bit of a paradox there?

Cato

Cato

How could someone who truely believes not encourage the same belief in their children?
One would always hope that the quality of mercy would shine through eventually.