• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Gogarty pushes for Dublin Mayor Job

Vega1447

He has as much hope as...

a small damp snowball in a huge super-heated blast-furnace...

Actually, no. He has no hope at all, unless De Teef is the only other candidate.

DCon

As GoGo and the Glasrai are drafting the legislation will the words "Paul Gogarty must be first Mayor" be included?

Also,

Deputy Gogarty says the new Mayor will have to cut staff and reduce costs by 15%.

What staff? What costs? As the new Mayor does not yet exist, how does he/she create costs?

Last edited:

Biffomania

Gogarty as Dublin's Dick Whittington? Well he's got the cat and no probs with being a Dick, but not a f*****g chance, Paul, do you hear us, not a f*****g chance in hell.

Asparagus

As GoGo and the Glasrai are drafting the legislation will the words "Paul Gogarty must be first Mayor" be included?

Also,

Deputy Gogarty says the new Mayor will have to cut staff and reduce costs by 15%.
/QUOTE]

What staff? What costs? As the new Mayor does not yet exist, how does he/she create costs?

In the most unparlimentary language, deputy gogarty, suck our collective fat one you ************************.

Maverick...????? what a fool...

I am beside myself with rage - what does dublin need with another s**t head sucking at the teat....

zerodayronin

Gosh what a lot of ***%%!!!

Actually Gogo would be a very good Mayor,
In fact the creation of this new Mayoral position is a godsend for the beleagoured people of the Pale - we need a new figurehead, especially now that our traditional democratic roles are so sullied with sleaze.
I say let Bertie and Gogo have at it.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
I think Ciaran Cuffe would be an excellent Mayor, but unfortunately for him the Greens are unelectable.
Failing that, I'd like to see our own cllr get it.
I'd also like to see FF nominate Bertie Ahern. What fun.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
As the only Green in the country who hasn't yet been fixed up with a little extra earner it's hardly surprising that he feels a bit left out.
Does anyone remember a young busker outside Grogans in the late 80s, early 90s? A passionate young man from Lucan? <sings>People stared at the makeup on his face...</sings>
A man of passion and commitment, who knows the streets of Dublin, who in fact will be on The Late Debate tonight, a little bird told me. I'll have my cocoa ready.

I actually think Paul is great. A bit off the wall but nice with it.

Asparagus

Does anyone remember a young busker outside Grogans in the late 80s, early 90s? A passionate young man from Lucan? <sings>People stared at the makeup on his face...</sings>
A man of passion and commitment, who knows the streets of Dublin, who in fact will be on The Late Debate tonight, a little bird told me. I'll have my cocoa ready.

I actually think Paul is great. A bit off the wall but nice with it.
Well the great man supported a crooked and bent government perpetrate the biggest heist in the history of mankind so busking doesn't really bring much to the table.

alonso

This is a brilliant move by the Greens. They've just got rid of Gogarty. genius

This Country

They laughed when Boris got the Tory nomination in London, so stranger things have happened... The Greens have form in this "sure why not?" school of politics - remember the suggestion of Eamon Ryan for President?

It will be worth it for the sheer entertainment value if nothing else. In a strange way I think that someone like Gogarty mightn't be a total disaster for the city (if you ignore the ambassadorial role of the mayor). He is the kind of politician that doesn't let the party control what he does, so he would be independent, outside the box and acting in the capital's interest.

Ho Chi Quinn is still the frontrunner I'd say, and rightly so.

fagen

look we do not need a mayor its just another job that can be doled out to a hanger on and god please please not this muppet

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies