Golden Globes Cloaked in Black

• Thread starter Deleted member 48908
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48908

Tonight marks the 75th time that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association will recognize excellence in film and television with their annual Golden Globes gala.

The ceremony is well known as providing a platform for Hollywood's liberal elite to pontificate from their Ivory Towers to the mere mortal plebs, often pushing their leftist agendas unquestioned. Just last year, Meryl Streep told everyone how terrible a person President Trump is because he beat her BFF, on an open field, in the race for the White House.

Well....this year will be no different. In a show of support and solidarity with the #MeToo movement, many actors, presenters, nominees and hosts have decided to wear black. It's going to be like the New Zealand rugby team on the red carpet, apparently.

I can't help but wonder how those who chose not to wear black will be received.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/07/movies/golden-globes.html

How many starlets will be thanking super-producer Harvey Weinstein? Will Ms Streep be called out as a denier for pretending she didn't know anything about Weinstein's penchant for harassing starlets? #SheKnew

Of course, we all know that the #MeToo'ers received Time's Person of the Year, yet in a display of hypocrisy we only ever see from these elite leftists, they still stand by convicted child rapist and shinner sympathizer, Roman Polanski, by agreeing to work with him and signing petitions to have that verdict set aside.

As we usually do, there are couple of nominations with Irish connections. Daniel Day Lewis is a favourite in the leading male actor category, and Martin McGuinness' former lover, Saoirse Ronan is nominated for her role in Lady Bird.

Well folks, will you be tuning in?...or does all of this right on, SJW virtue-signaling just turn you off?

flavirostris

Those hypocritical fnckers . Saying nothing about Weinstein because he was one of their own and now this pointless signalling. It's no wonder that they are hated by your average God-fearing Trump voter.

Casablanca

I suppose any actor or actress(am I even allowed call a female actor an actress anymore?) who is foolish enough to wear a nice frock that’s not black will be lambasted here and in all the right-on media and compared to Hitler or Stalin. You’d be sick of this over the top ‘must be seen to be pc’ rubbish.

razorblade

There was a time when these occasions were respected events now they have become political rallies for celebs to push their virtue signalling agendas.

Mercurial

Those hypocritical fnckers . Saying nothing about Weinstein because he was one of their own and now this pointless signalling. It's no wonder that they are hated by your average God-fearing Trump voter.
You can always change the channel...

D

Deleted member 48908

I suppose any actor or actress(am I even allowed call a female actor an actress anymore?) who is foolish enough to wear a nice frock that’s not black will be lambasted here and in all the right-on media and compared to Hitler or Stalin. You’d be sick of this over the top ‘must be seen to be pc’ rubbish.
Part and parcel of the decline of society. Remember when it was best actor and best actress? Now it's outstanding performance. Used to be "...and the winner is", now it's all "...and the award goes to." We need a return to the days when nurses were women looking to marry a guard, and stewardesses wore short skirts and served me whiskey on a plane.

Mad, Ted.

flavirostris

You can always change the channel...
I won't be watching it Merc. No desire to see another longwinded, boring Meryl Streep tirade against you-know-who.

Maybe she can tell us why she said eff all about abuser in chief Harvey Weinstein and gave a standing ovation to child rapist Roman Polanski. That I might listen to.

midlander12

I won't be watching it Merc. No desire to see another longwinded, boring Meryl Streep tirade against you-know-who.

Maybe she can tell us why she said eff all about abuser in chief Harvey Weinstein and gave a standing ovation to child rapist Roman Polanski. That I might listen to.
I actually doubt Meryl will be doing a Sermon on the Mount this year. That will be left to someone younger with less obvious connections to Weinstein and the rest of the abusers-in-chief who were given a free run for so long. It will of course be the usual load of self-congratulatory guff.

silverharp

trump has had a much better year than hollywood, comedy gold if they go after him though, it will backfire bigly

flavirostris

trump has had a much better year than hollywood, comedy gold if they go after him though, it will backfire bigly
The Hollywood pontificating was countered by some really funny tweets from the Donald. Stuff like

'Meryl Streep is a BAD actress. She sucked in 'Suffragette'

I'm making that up obviously but it's similar to what he was saying.

redhead

I had no idea that Catriona Balfe is Irish. My mum loves the TV series 'Outlander'.
With a name like that you'd expect her to be Mexican, or Guatemalan at the very least...

firefly123

Yup. It's like militant poppy wearing or American flag pin lunacy.

Casablanca

Tonight marks the 75th time that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association will recognize excellence in film and television with their annual Golden Globes gala.

The ceremony is well known as providing a platform for Hollywood's liberal elite to pontificate from their Ivory Towers to the mere mortal plebs, often pushing their leftist agendas unquestioned. Just last year, Meryl Streep told everyone how terrible a person President Trump is because he beat her BFF, on an open field, in the race for the White House.

Well....this year will be no different. In a show of support and solidarity with the #MeToo movement, many actors, presenters, nominees and hosts have decided to wear black. It's going to be like the New Zealand rugby team on the red carpet, apparently.

I can't help but wonder how those who chose not to wear black will be received.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/07/movies/golden-globes.html

How many starlets will be thanking super-producer Harvey Weinstein? Will Ms Streep be called out as a denier for pretending she didn't know anything about Weinstein's penchant for harassing starlets? #SheKnew

Of course, we all know that the #MeToo'ers received Time's Person of the Year, yet in a display of hypocrisy we only ever see from these elite leftists, they still stand by convicted child rapist and shinner sympathizer, Roman Polanski, by agreeing to work with him and signing petitions to have that verdict set aside.

As we usually do, there are couple of nominations with Irish connections. Daniel Day Lewis is a favourite in the leading male actor category, and Martin McGuinness' former lover, Saoirse Ronan is nominated for her role in Lady Bird.

Well folks, will you be tuning in?...or does all of this right on, SJW virtue-signaling just turn you off?

Harking back to the OP, which I’ve just re-read, I query the highlighted bit. Was it not a different famous actress( I’ve said it again) who had the caper with Marty?

Casablanca

Yup. It's like militant poppy wearing or American flag pin lunacy.
Indeeed, and maybe we Irish should hold the mirror to ourselves look at the message being sent by Shamrock displays as well?

Casablanca

Part and parcel of the decline of society. Remember when it was best actor and best actress? Now it's outstanding performance. Used to be "...and the winner is", now it's all "...and the award goes to." We need a return to the days when nurses were women looking to marry a guard, and stewardesses wore short skirts and served me whiskey on a plane.

Mad, Ted.
If the Libtard PC crowd get their way, it’s you’ll be wearing a skirt and serving them!

redhead

Polanski is not a Shinner sympathizer. Those meetings were about a possible sequel to Chinatown set in Ardoyne. How did you hear about them?

New Threads

Most Replies