Goldman Sachs says Irish bailout by IMF would resolve market tension - Bloomberg

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
“The likelihood of Ireland and Portugal entering an IMF- designed adjustment program funded by the EFSF has, in our view, increased,”Francesco Garzarelli, chief interest-rate strategist at Goldman in London, wrote in a research report today. “Unlike in the aftermath of the Greek ‘bailout,’ we are of the view that such an outcome will not lead to contagion. Rather, it may mark a resolution of ongoing European Monetary Union sovereign tensions.”
Ireland, Portugal Bailout Would Help Resolve Market Tension, Goldman Says - Bloomberg

He3

Something is missing from this picture

Any comment from Peter Sutherland, Chair of Goldman Sachs International?

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Goldman Sachs are bondholders in Anglo Irish bank.

Why should we listen to them? Burn them by defaulting on their asses.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
I know for a fact that Goldman Sachs employees read Politics.ie - according to our stats, the site had 332 visits from Goldman Sachs' network since September 7th when this thread started. That's the one they seem to be reading the most.

bokuden

I know for a fact that Goldman Sachs employees read Politics.ie - according to our stats, the site had 332 visits from Goldman Sachs' network since September 7th when this thread started. That's the one they seem to be reading the most.
If any are reading this thread, go off and look for some other society to bleed dry, ye shower of vampires.

He3

Who also argued for a Yes vote to Lisbon... lest we forget. ;)
Hey, nobody's perfect.

This was a recent comment:

Mr Sutherland also said any intervention by the International Monetary Fund and the EU in taking the reins of the Irish economy would represent a failure by the Irish political system to face up to the challenge posed by the deficit in our public finances

Passing of December budget imperative says Sutherland

That was, for fans of irony in its colloquial sense, delivered at the launch of the Jim Kemmy School of Business at University of Limerick. Jim is rotating still.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Kemmy"]Jim Kemmy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

AirTurbulence

Goldman Sachs are bondholders in Anglo Irish bank.

Why should we listen to them? Burn them by defaulting on their asses.
One of the fundamental problems we're having is what "we" in Ireland mean nowdays... There are many layers in our population; are "we" sure "we" are speaking on "we"'s behalf?
I am not sure anymore. There is lots of people who are still FF, because FF feed their businesses generously from the public purse for very mediocre or substandard services given the prize tag.

I don't think "we" really know who "we" are.... <not trying to be funny>

mazzington

ugh the system is incapable of resolving anything, just transfers crises from one sector/geographic location to another.

Anorakphobia

GS are correct.

The ball is slipping from our grasp.

Rightly or wrongly most of the main economies believe a recovery of some sort is underway and right now tiny old Ireland is threatening it all.

What GS is essentially saying
"Give the incompetents a cheap few billion and let's get the hell on with things"

If Ireland is seen as the trigger for a World wide double dip the anger towards us will be catastrophic.
Already you can feel it building on CNBC and Bloomberg

Partizan

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

One of the fundamental problems we're having is what "we" in Ireland mean nowdays... There are many layers in our population; are "we" sure "we" are speaking on "we"'s behalf?
I am not sure anymore. There is lots of people who are still FF, because FF feed their businesses generously from the public purse for very mediocre or substandard services given the prize tag.

I don't think "we" really know who "we" are.... <not trying to be funny>
I'm just saying that Goldman Sachs are scum.

No-one should listen to them, ever.

johnfás

If we get an IMF bailout we won't be re-entering the bond market for quite some time anyway. What are the odds on Goldman having a position on Irish bonds, such that if a bailout does occur and the yields in the secondary market fall, that they make alot of money?

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

GS are correct.

The ball is slipping from our grasp.

Rightly or wrongly most of the main economies believe a recovery of some sort is underway and right now tiny old Ireland is threatening it all.

What GS is essentially saying
"Give the incompetents a cheap few billion and let's get the hell on with things"

If Ireland is seen as the trigger for a World wide double dip the anger towards us will be catastrophic.
Already you can feel it building on CNBC and Bloomberg
What? If the global ponzi scheme comes crashing down, Ireland will be blamed?

That's the worst one ever!

GS are scum. They fiddled greece's books and crashed the stock market in america a few months ago.

Allegedly! (DGDS :D)

wassupdude

keep watching the watchers!

Glucose

Just a side Dave, should you be giving out that information.

grafter1

I'm just saying that Goldman Sachs are scum.

No-one should listen to them, ever.
You surely cannot suggest that the many thousands of Goldman employees are all scum?

There are more than likely the same percentage of unsavory characters working in Goldman as there are in other organizations.

I considered going down the banking route many years ago when i came out of college but i decided i want to create wealth rather than bet on it!

There are some exceptionally bright guys in Goldman that is for sure

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

You surely cannot suggest that the many thousands of Goldman employees are all scum?

There are more than likely the same percentage of unsavory characters working in Goldman as there are in other organizations.

I considered going down the banking route many years ago when i came out of college but i decided i want to create wealth rather than bet on it!

There are some exceptionally bright guys in Goldman that is for sure
See my other post. Can't be all that wholesome and savoury when they're cooking books?

Allegedly.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies