Golf - the north's national sport

Ren84

Great win by McIlroy at the PGA Championship. The North of Ireland has produced some great golfers so maybe it's time for Stormont to designate golf as the "national" sport. :)

Rory McIlroy claimed his second major title in four weeks and a third win in succession in a thrilling, weather-affected climax to the US PGA Championship on Sunday.

McIlroy carded a closing 68 at Valhalla to finish 16 under par, one shot ahead of Phil Mickelson after a remarkable final day which finished in near-darkness, with the lights blazing from the clubhouse behind the 18th green.

Rickie Fowler and Henrik Stenson had been part of a three-way tie for the lead with Mickelson on the back nine but dropped shots on the closing stretch to finish two behind McIlroy on 14 under.
http//m.rte.ie/sport/touch/golf//2014/0810/636298-us-pga/

willyboy14

The National sport in the North is the marching season, at least
for the moment.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com

Mattarigna

Great win by McIlroy at the PGA Championship. The North of Ireland has produced some great golfers so maybe it's time for Stormont to designate golf as the "national" sport. :)

http//m.rte.ie/sport/touch/golf//2014/0810/636298-us-pga/
Complete rubbish idea. For one thing, the North is a province, not a Nation - no matter how much some might want to talk it up. Second, Soccer or Gaelic Football would be much more widely played(and watched, for that matter) than Golf. I mean, I don't know anyone who actually goes out of their way to watch any of these Golfing tournaments.

Astral Peaks

/
Golf is a hobby, not a sport.

Norn Iron's national sport is rallying.

Bill

motor bike road racing seems to be popular up there

William Rowan Hamilton

Complete rubbish idea. For one thing, the North is a province, not a Nation - no matter how much some might want to talk it up. Second, Soccer or Gaelic Football would be much more widely played(and watched, for that matter) than Golf. I mean, I don't know anyone who actually goes out of their way to watch any of these Golfing tournaments.
Somebody must be. The sponsorship and prize money suggest its very popular.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Statelet.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies