Good luck to the PS workers.

bormotello

BTW, public is their employer ....

HarshBuzz

hammer

Best of luck.

Hopefully the private sector can survive and generate ENOUGH taxes in 2010 to pay for your go-slow.

Keep voting FF. Things will definitely change :)

sauntersplash

BTW, public is their employer ....
The public is everybody's employer. They pay everybody's wages.
Forced to fund Public Sector workers through taxation. Forced to fund Coca Cola CEO through hypnotic advertising campaigns, and brainwashing lifestyle marketing images.

po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe.

greengoose2

Coughlan said that she could not say if there were to be further pay cuts when challenged by Varadker on the Week in Politics last evening. This government is a rudderless ship cruising in iceberg waters.

When the PS workers are bled dry the incompetents will have a go at the private sector via taxes and DW cuts. The rot is there because of colossal greed and ineptitude by the incumbents and all we can do is stupidly attack those who were not the cause of the problem.

Cael

Best wishes to all in the PS who begin their action to halt the abuse by their employer today.

If the PS unions were carrying out this action to overthrow the capitalist system I'd support them 100%, but I fear they are only looking out for their own members' slice of the capitalist cake - which they have no intention of changing.

toughbutfair

How come those in the private sector that got a pay cut aren't on strike? .....maybe because they live in the real world.

That PS bunch are living in cuckoo land............no cuts................lets ignore the 20bn deficit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are they stupid or greedy?

sauntersplash

How come those in the private sector that got a pay cut aren't on strike? .....maybe because they live in the real world.
"real world" eh?

Well with a highbrow analysis like that......I'm not a bit surprised the Private Sector is in the toilet.

sauntersplash

Answer the question
1) They never bothered to organise a trade union branch in their place of employment.
2) They were paid so well, they allowed the existing trade union branches to dwindle and disappear.

Sync

If the PS unions were carrying out this action to overthrow the capitalist system I'd support them 100%, but I fear they are only looking out for their own members' slice of the capitalist cake - which they have no intention of changing.
I quite like the capitalist system, but you're totally right. This isn't about reform or improving the state's services, it's purely about the pay for their members.

toughbutfair

The accountancy firm I used to work for had a 10% cut to everyone's salary, even receptionist or trainee accountants who I am guessing were on about 25k.

Most of the firms did the same .........oh, and they let people go.

Nobody in the business world would go on strike because they understand business, less money in means less wages.

Why can't the PS understand basic numbers?

inthemire

Possibly because they're not allowed by their Employers?? Anyone know if you can be a member of a trade Union in say, McDonalds,or say, Ryanair? And, if you CAN be in a union in either of these companies, will your Union be recognised by such companies?

Or do they not count as Private sector?

toughbutfair

Possibly because they're not allowed by their Employers?? Anyone know if you can be a member of a trade Union in say, McDonalds,or say, Ryanair? And, if you CAN be in a union in either of these companies, will your Union be recognised by such companies?

Or do they not count as Private sector?
I know that if you tried to be a union in an accountancy firm you'd either be laughed out of it or never get a promotion.

Plus, you'd lose the respect of your colleagues as the whole point of unions is to have workers do as little as possible.

The Caped Cod

It's worth remembering that well there are certainly those in the PS (especially the higher ups) who abuse there priviledge and security, there are 100 fold that number who don't, and the state, as there employer should be (and I woud argue is in many ways) the model employer. Let the government massacre the PS and you've set a kind of jurisprudence for the private sector to follow, and as we drift closer and closer to privatisation of public services this could be important.
Just food for thought.

inthemire

The accountancy firm I used to work for had a 10% cut to everyone's salary, even receptionist or trainee accountants who I am guessing were on about 25k.

Most of the firms did the same .........oh, and they let people go.

Nobody in the business world would go on strike because they understand business, less money in means less wages.

Why can't the PS understand basic numbers?
Why can't you understand that PS didn't cause this mess? Private sector banking, development and Government leaders caused it.

Why can't you understand that the Government could raise several billion if they rescinded Mr. Ray "Honest" Burke's decision NOT to tax Shell over in Mayo. Or several billion more if they rescinded the unbelievable decision to save a hopelessly corrupt, failed, and zombie Anglo Irish bank? And several billion more still if they revoked this hopeless NAMA legislation which is set out purely to save their developer friends and their banking friends.

Or does this not fit with your FF agenda?

By all means cut PS Wages as part of a solution.

But lets get some perspective here. Shell are contributing nothing to this mess. Nor are the people who caused it - the Banks and developers. But you refuse to either see this, nor factor this in as part of a solution. It's "vision" like yours which caused this mess.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies