Good news - Real IRA leader shot dead in Cork

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Some good news for once. A Real IRA leader has been shot dead in Cork.

Former chief of staff of Real IRA shot and killed in Cork city

"Gardaí in Cork have begun an investigation into the fatal shooting of a former chief of staff of the Real IRA by at least two men this evening.

Aidan O’Driscoll (37) – who was nicknamed the Beast – was shot three times by one or possibly two gunmen as he walked along the Commons Road near Blackpool Church on Cork’s Northside at 5pm.

It’s understood that Mr O’Driscoll – who was previously the victim of a punishment shooting by dissident republicans in 2013 – was shot in the lower body three times by the gunman."

Ex celt

Why was he called the Beast? I thought that the UVF owned that moniker for one of their brigadiers.

hollandia

So we have Dimples berating SF on one thread for allegedly withholding evidence in a murder case, whilst on another openly celebrating the murder of another man. You can't make this sh1t up, and certainly removes any vestiges of moral high ground he may have thought he had.

hollandia

Converte gladium tuum in locum suum. Omnes enim, qui acceperint gladium, gladio peribunt.

(Matthew 26:52)

The worry is that if this kicks off again - he was associated with Alan Ryan - innocent bystanders might suffer.
Aside from the small matter of murder being wrong, you are correct.

ShoutingIsLeadership

The trouble with violence is that the more it happens, the more people become immune to it, and eventually start celebrating the violent death of perpetrators of violence. When that happens, violence has won and we've all lost.

This is not to be celebrated.

Super Caley

Converte gladium tuum in locum suum. Omnes enim, qui acceperint gladium, gladio peribunt.

(Matthew 26:52)

The worry is that if this kicks off again - he was associated with Alan Ryan - innocent bystanders might suffer.
Aside from the small matter of murder being wrong, you are correct.

How does the first post suggest anything other than that murder is wrong? :confused:

Super Caley

"Gardaí in Cork have begun an investigation into the fatal shooting of a former chief of staff of the Real IRA by at least two men this evening.

Aidan O’Driscoll (37) – who was nicknamed the Beast – was shot three times by one or possibly two gunmen as he walked along the Commons Road near Blackpool Church on Cork’s Northside at 5pm.

It’s understood that Mr O’Driscoll – who was previously the victim of a punishment shooting by dissident republicans in 2013 – was shot in the lower body three times by the gunman."

That's not how this sort of thing usually works.

This sort of killing risks kicking off tit for tat killings.

Which is not usually "good news".

Nemesiscorporation

Leavng aside the fact I have no time for RIRA and consider them scum, celebrating this act is madness. I am not so sure this is good news. This will lead to a bloody firefight in which innocents will be caught up and possibly killed.

johnny365

Leavng aside the fact I have no time for RIRA and consider them scum, celebrating this act is madness. I am not so sure this is good news. This will lead to a bloody firefight in which innocents will be caught up and possibly killed.
Certain suggestions that he had a feud with the man that was gunned down in Dublin on Friday, may be a feud between dissos and drug gangs over drug money.

So we have Dimples berating SF on one thread for allegedly withholding evidence in a murder case, whilst on another openly celebrating the murder of another man. You can't make this sh1t up, and certainly removes any vestiges of moral high ground he may have thought he had.
This may not apply to OP, I don't know posting history, but it's quite noticeable when these stories break, this celebrating of murder. Do they somehow think that will be the end of it and no replacements will fill the void? It's Roman Colosseum stuff. It shows just how little progress civilisation has made curbing its bloodlust. And at the same time they may go around thinking they're decent, civilised human beings. Yet they crave blood.

hollandia

How does the first post suggest anything other than that murder is wrong? :confused:
By the op describing the murder of someone as "a bit of good news". And the quoted poster, having form in this regard qualifying the OP as endangering others. It's really not that difficult to grasp.

Super Caley

By the op describing the murder of someone as "a bit of good news". And the quoted poster, having form in this regard qualifying the OP as endangering others. It's really not that difficult to grasp.
Can't comment on the quoted poster, he may well have some other agenda that I am unaware of.

But the Gospel line quoted is about as emphatic a warning against this kind off killing as you are likely to find.

scolairebocht

As others have mentioned, its really a terrble low to describe this man as 'scum' like this on his deathbed. I don't know anything about him and no disrespect to the gardai but I don't think its at all advisable to form your impressions of the man from Garda press statements, so I for one will just wish him a "Lord have mercy on him" and offer my sympathies to his family.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
He gets headlines for his supposed Republicanism but he was always Mafia

It is funny that most of the Republicans in NI weren't so mafioso ...but the ones in Dublin...and Slab were

What is interesting is just which Sinn Féin members favored the Mafia types... indeed...certain FFers to this day retain links to the Mafia end of the Republican movement

One in particular has been on the take in every black market activity ...beef... deflector dishes...pirate radio...drugs...property development

cyp

Popular Threads

Most Replies